New British Airways London Gatwick to Antalya direct route launched today
I had totally missed this, but luckily for me my daughter told me about it tonight.

British Airways have released direct flights from Gatwick to Antalya, starting on 30th April next year & going up until almost the end of September. Currently you can get return flights for just under £140. You can also pay £5 per person to put a 72 hour hold on a flight, non refundable if you don't book it or change days etc.

Currently quite a lot of cheap dates. The days that they don't fly direct, they go via Istanbul with AltasJet, these flights are really expensive, so you have to pick the direct ones.

The £140 is hand luggage only, but you can take a hand luggage size bag & a handbag with a total weight allowance of 23kg! & obviously they also sell flights with luggage & do Business Class

clark

I had totally missed this, but luckily for me my daughter told me about it tonight.

British Airways have released direct flights from Gatwick to Antalya, starting on 30th April next year & going up until almost the end of September. Currently you can get return flights for just under £140. You can also pay £5 per person to put a 72 hour hold on a flight, non refundable if you don't book it or change days etc.

Currently quite a lot of cheap dates. The days that they don't fly direct, they go via Istanbul with AltasJet, these flights are really expensive, so you have to pick the direct ones.

The £140 is hand luggage only, but you can take a hand luggage size bag & a handbag with a total weight allowance of 23kg! & obviously they also sell flights with luggage & do Business Class
Although they state 25kg hand luggage, this is not correct, they actually don’t have a hand luggage weight, but just try to take anything heavy, they will not allow it on board without payment, stick to around 10 - 12 kg to be safe.

It surprises me that BA haven't flown direct into Antalya before now. They have been coming into Dalaman from Gatwick for the last few years.

I'm annoyed, BA cancelled my September flights today. I guess that I am lucky that they gave me plenty of notice. I will possibly book new flights in a couple few weeks time or else wait & book a couple of days before I want to fly

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I was just reading that British Airways are insisting that all hand luggage is to be checked in too.

Chasey

Although they state 25kg hand luggage, this is not correct, they actually don’t have a hand luggage weight, but just try to take anything heavy, they will not allow it on board without payment, stick to around 10 - 12 kg to be safe.

Not sure about that because I used to travel a lot scuba diving all over the world and id take my rebreather and a lot of other heavy stuff in hand luggage. Id always max the hand luggage to 24.5kg to keep the hold luggage down as on average if have 50KG of equipment on the way out.

got some grief from security & x ray but never had it refused on a flight.

akbukowl

I'm annoyed, BA cancelled my September flights today. I guess that I am lucky that they gave me plenty of notice. I will possibly book new flights in a couple few weeks time or else wait & book a couple of days before I want to fly

Probably because they are proposing to sack all the staff and 're-employ on worse terms

shash

shash
I think all airlines will be doing the same. My easyjet email said the same thing.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom