JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Never fear
Well good afternoon all my fellow GG's. Arrived in Gibraltar yesterday, well last night. Have not had any lugguage, gone missing. It's 3 45 pm here and still no word. Went to BHS & MARKIES to get some clothes and then had to go and buy a load of toiletries. I think i have spent about £300 so far just so we can have a change of clothes for tonight. Never mind we will look on this as an adventure. At least we got away!!!

How are you all coping with the snow and ice, hope there were no more falls!!!

At least this internet free, I'll log on later and tell you if i have got my lugguage , remember now GG's , behave !!!!!!!!

Jeannie :ukflag:

bebs

Never fear
Hope you get your luggage sorted Jeannie, great excuse to buy more clothes. As for behaving least said soonest mended .Take care and enjoy Bebs

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Never fear
Aww, Jeannie I'm very sorry to hear that you've not got your luggage, it's your worst nightmare. I do hope it turns up soon. As you say at least you are having a break away from all the snow.

Tess

Never fear
OMG Jeannie, only catching up with this now, hope by the time you come back on you will have your luggage. Horrible thing to happen, awful. Take care, hope to have an update later.

carolk

R.I.P
Never fear
Good excuse for shopping eh Jeannie, bet your really upset lol. Hope the rest of your hols go smoothly. x

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Never fear
Hi fellow GG's, it is now sunday, 8 pm here and still no suitcases. No i'm really getting pi***d off. How much do you want to bet it will arrive here when we are on our way home. At least my face has had a break from the make up, you just can't get the same thing and i have nothing to get dressed up for anyway.
It's pouring rain here and cold, seemingly it's the coldest winter they have had for years, sods law, so i think i'll just stay on here for a while and talk to you lot hee heee.

Now let me go and see what you have been up to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Never fear
Oh Jeannie this as been terrible for you , .Apart from the shopping bit , Same thing happened to me once on the costa del sol , You must get a P,I,R report and watch they don't want to charge for extra baggage wieght because of your new stuff, It was Christmas and mum had no nighty or slippers , they ..[ the insurance ] said i should have waited untill the bags arrived befor buying essencials !!!! mum was 79 !!! and didn't have her cardi ..But they paid in the end ......Diane

bebs

Never fear
Thats a bum deal Jeannie hope its sorted soon ,only thing to do is have a little drinkie it will help .Take care Bebs

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Never fear
Aw Jeannie, I'm sorry to hear you've still no cases, what a nightmare, you'll be on your way home soon, at least you won't having any washing to do, when they do turn up.

Tess

Never fear
Ahhh Jeannie, sorry I didn't comment sooner, I've not been on too much today.
As Victor would say ' I don't believe it ' horrendous, what a to do, no luggage still.
Make the most of it Jeannie, chin up hon.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Never fear
OK, just had the holiday from hell!!!!
Just got back today.

First of all , as you know when we landed at Gibraltar there was no lugguage,we were there for 5 nights, still no cases untill the last night of our hols when i get a phone call from the airport to say that one of our cases has arrived. Yipeeeee, i was all excited, they delivered it to the hotel and yes you have guessed it , it was Victors case. Well , does a man really need a case more than a woman?
Anyway, the weather was crap, Victor couldn't walk for the first couple of days we were there so not a very good start.
Spent the next couple of days shopping for something to wear, toiletries ect.
Coming home , the flight from Gib was diverted to Malaga, another bus journey of 1and a half hours, or so we thought. About a 1/4 of the way there the bus broke down and we spent over two hours waiting for another bus at some petrol station in Spain.
The plane to Heathrow was waiting on the tarmac for us.
Arrived at Heathrow at about 3 in the morning, had a hotel all booked for the night but there was no point in going to the hotel cos we had to catch the eight o'clock flight in the morning to Edinburgh.

When we went to collect Victors case at the baggage thing, guess what?? MY suitcase was going around and around on it's own, i could not believe it. Anyway, we got the cases and just waited at the airport to board our flight to Edinburgh.

We checked in our lugguage and we were just about to go through some security thing when i thought i would ask at the BA desk about claiming for this fiasco when she pulled out this bit of paper and said "i'm really sorry but your flight to Edinburgh has been cancelled" Well by now i'm having a stroke as you can imagine. I told her that they had better get us on the 7 am flight or i am going to going around this airport foaming at the mouth and i wouldn't be held responsible for my actions. :mad2:

We did get on the 7am flight but our cases were booked on the 8am flight so still no cases.
Why on earth when we checked in did they not tell us our flight had been cancelled???? That one i do not get!!!!! :confused:

Have been sleeping most of the afternoon , a bit awake now but that is the story so far.

Sorry to bore you all to death, :20:

Jeannie

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Never fear
Awww Jeannie, this is all too terrible, and to find your case whizzing around that converyor all on it's own, was the final straw to break the camels' back, as they say. I really do hope that you get some compensation for this fiasco, that said it does not help to make the Holiday from Hell any better. Aww I wish I was near you I'd take you out right now and get you a caseload of Diamond White and get pished, at least we'd have a laugh now. So glad that' you're all back home safe now and hope Victor is ok and is able to get about again now. Aw it's bloody not fair for you to have had this sh1t of a holiday. Welcome back to the GG's, at least you've not lost your humour.

I really hope too that little Ollie is ok, bet he was so pleased to see you.
:bigkiss:

GnD

Never fear
Oh Jeannie!!!!! That lot is just too much!

I do hope you can rest now your back home and I hope you're not snowed in.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Never fear
Hi Debbie, no we're fine , snow starting to melt now up here. Went and got Ollie out of the kennels so quite happy for now.

Oh and to top it all , Nationwide got in touch to say that some OXFAM thingy were trying to take money out of my account so they have stopped my card and will be sending a new one. "I just don't believe it" It was the special investigations dept. Aghhhhhhhhhh

Jeannie

Tess

Never fear
Awww Jeannie I am speechless. What a fiasco. You're home now hon, put it behind you and don't fret. I'm sure you are bloomin exhausted!!!!

PS
(Holy Maloly Debbie, how many competitions have you won, you'll soon need a whole bloody page for yourself!!!!!)

Last edited:

GnD

Never fear
Even more hassle when you returned??

Can you claim for the expenses of buying extra clothes/toiletries etc?

Awww Jeannie I am speechless. What a fiasco. You're home now hon, put it behind you and don't fret. I'm sure you are bloomin exhausted!!!!

(Holy Maloly Debbie, how many competitions have you won, you'll soon need a whole bloody page for yourself!!!!!)

:p too much snow and very up to date on housework!!! Had even finished the cushions to take out on next trip!!!

Last edited:

jewel

Never fear
Dont think this trip was meant to be,what a waste of brass!!!!. Dont suppose you will be rushing back.So sorry you had such a sh-t time. jewel x

bebs

Never fear
That was a disaster, put it behind you .Tomorrow will will be better when you have rested. Great you can laugh about it.......... Bebs

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Never fear
Hi Debbie, no we're fine , snow starting to melt now up here. Went and got Ollie out of the kennels so quite happy for now.

Oh and to top it all , Nationwide got in touch to say that some OXFAM thingy were trying to take money out of my account so they have stopped my card and will be sending a new one. "I just don't believe it" It was the special investigations dept. Aghhhhhhhhhh

Jeannie

What a flipping week eh, but got to admit, the best part is when you come home and see your beloved Dog, that for me, is the best part of coming home. That's why, if ever a move to Turkey was serious, my Dog would HAVE to come with us, otherwise I would not go. And then I would end up with a few more dogs and cats because they deserve loads of TLC.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom