The Igor

Wreckage
Neutering a cat, how much did YOU pay?
Yes, short and clear question, how much did you people that has been neutering your (male) cat pay for that?

escapee

Hi, it cost me 50TL for him and 100TL for her last month in Side.

topcat

topcat
80tl for a male and 100 tl for a female in Bodrum. Say they are putting the prices up soon!

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
100 for my Dolly (female) and don't know about Dixie (Male).

The Igor

Wreckage
Right, thank you very much for answers. We recently had our two male street cats we took care of (i wrote about them in another thread) neutered at Meltem´s Vet Clinic in Alanya. She (it´s a female vet) charged 300 lira for both and i found that a bit expensive. Your answers sort of confirms that.....

On the other hand, as a yabancI you are more or less consider by the turks being an unlimited ATM were you just press the right button for unrestricted access to your wallet :ranting: I´m sooooooooooooo sick and tired of the feeling that you ALWAYS, one way or another, being ripped off when buying goods or services here......

matty

I would suggest that you never use this vet again!
We have recently had 8 female street cats in total spayed.. Our vet here in Dalaman charged us 60 lira for the first 2 mother cats.
When we explained to him, that the one mother cat had got 6 female kittens!.. and that we would like to get them spayed, he agreed to spay them for 40lira each.

Regards Matty

maggie

Here in Akbuk Yasar the vet will DO street cats for free .
You just have to phone and make an appointment.

Hugs Maggie xxx

matty

Here in Akbuk Yasar the vet will DO street cats for free .
You just have to phone and make an appointment.

Hugs Maggie xxx

Maybe one day!..The Belediye here in Dalaman will do the same!!!!
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Lemonhead

Devil's Advocacy LLC
On the other hand, as a yabancI you are more or less consider by the turks being an unlimited ATM were you just press the right button for unrestricted access to your wallet :ranting: I´m sooooooooooooo sick and tired of the feeling that you ALWAYS, one way or another, being ripped off when buying goods or services here......

No matter where...it all falls on the buyer's shoulders to agree on the price of something. Maybe working on improving your negotiating skills would be a good idea; especially for touristy areas of Turkey where the culture itself has a long history of "parzarlik"?

I once paid $11(US) for a bolttle of Heinekin in Venice. Establishing an inflated price structure for tourists or tourist area is not a problem exclusive to Turkey.

I now carry a flask with Jack Daniels strapped to my leg when I travel.

The Igor

Wreckage
No matter where...it all falls on the buyer's shoulders to agree on the price of something. Maybe working on improving your negotiating skills would be a good idea; especially for touristy areas of Turkey where the culture itself has a long history of "parzarlik"?

It´s "pazarlik" by the way :) No, seriously, i somewhat agree with you. But in some situations, like a doctor or vet visit, you are really not in a good position to haggle about the price. The market, yes of course, the shops, indeed, and i generally have a rather significant success when trying to get a decent price. But at the vet.......when you are standing there with two **** scared cats in boxes....Well, i can´t blame anyone but myself, but it seems that i´ve spent my last lira at that clinic. Anyone with experience of Bremen´s vet clinic in Alanya?

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Vote with your feet and spread the word. When will they learn if they rip us off once that we won't go back.

I wouldn't haggle with a vet for the reasons you have stated. I expect to be treated with some respect and not taken the piss out of re the price.

Harem

I've cliqued
We (and others in our area) do ask our vets for 'indirim' and usually get a little taken off the bill.

ChrisBobs

The vets in Bodrum - will make a distinct price for street cats/dogs if you tell them of the situation.
And there is also the Animal Rights mobile van that will do an area at a time for free

Lemonhead

Devil's Advocacy LLC
Our vet in Mersin also doesn't charge for basic care on the starys we bring in. In fact one time my wife brought in sweet as can be stray the had lived in the neighborhood for years. Some idiot stabbed the dog and my wife brought him in. He was doctored up and brought back home without any fees.

Of course this same vet knows he'll get double his out of pocket expenses with the care of our other two dogs and two cats.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom