Martyn

Need an apartment or hotel urgently
I have just had a phone call from the owner of an apartment we are due to use on Sunday and it's possible we won't be able to use it because of a dispute with the management company. We used it last September and was really pleased with it but it seems the dispute is involving the electricity being cut off and they cannot guarantee we won't have problems. The owners have offered us our money back so it seems now it would be best to find another apartment or hotel. We are in our 50s, non smokers and would respect any place we stay at. It would be nice to have a shared pool but not essential. Air conditioning would be a must and fairly close to Ataturk and not further up past say the Million Shop would be great. We arrive at 3.30am on Monday morning for 14 days. We also might look at a good hotel down Ataturk although prefer the freedom of an apartment. Please post on here or pm me.

Thanks

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Oh my god mate, how nice of them to tell you so late!!! ... Hopefully something will turn up but you know you can always doss at ours if you end up having to find a place once you have arrived. You'd be very welcome, so dont worry.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Oh, what a time to have this put on you, hope everything turns out ok, and like PTP says you's will be welcome at his, even if it is just till you get sorted. Sadly we're too far away in Yalikavak and cannot help you.

Martyn

I've just come off the phone to the owners and i'm still in a quandary as to whether to chance it or not. I have been offered an apartment by a forum member so we have somewhere for definite if we want it. Thanks for the best wishes and thanks p-t-p for the offer but I really need a drinking partner and you're on the wagon :biggrin1:

Martyn

Problem solved now. We are going to stay where we originally booked as there is a good chance there won't be a problem. As backup Sharon(Tesson forum) has offered her beautiful apartment as backup in case things go wrong. She is sending us the keys next day delivery so we can take them on Sunday. Thanks very much Sharon for giving us peace of mind for our holiday :thanks:

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
thanks p-t-p for the offer but I really need a drinking partner and you're on the wagon :biggrin1:

Lol, you're a lightweight anyway. I'm flying out tomorrow morning so the wagon might have derailed by the time you arrive :roundgrin

Tess

Problem solved now. We are going to stay where we originally booked as there is a good chance there won't be a problem. As backup Sharon(Tesson forum) has offered her beautiful apartment as backup in case things go wrong. She is sending us the keys next day delivery so we can take them on Sunday. Thanks very much Sharon for giving us peace of mind for our holiday :thanks:

:roundgrin Thank you Martyn for your kind words, you are most welcome :roundgrin

Now!!!!! As we say around here "Give your head peace" and go and enjoy your holiday. :peace: Have a fab time and save some of the good weather for peeps like us who are nearly washed out tonight lol!!!:dizzy::dizzy:

And - clear your PM's LOL!!!! Your box is full:roundgrin:roundgrin

Akasya

Postless Pointer
This forum never ceases to amaze me, so many helpful positive, friendly people. The world would be a better place if it followed the example set by so many TLF members, i am so glad we joined.
Steve.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Seconding what Akasya said above. TLF has bought together some amazing people, sometimes through/after lousy experiences. It is lovely how people come to your aid after something bad happens. I think I have just done my first helpful post (on another matter) and it is a good feeling...and makes a change from me being the one doing the asking! Carol x
PS Martyn, enjoy your holiday.:biggrin1:

Martyn

Thanks everyone especially Tess for the back up. I've cleared my pm box, doesn't take long to fill it does it?:roundgrin

The support on here has always been great and many people have been helped out. Many thanks of offers on here and by pm as well.

Last edited:

stephie

Stephie
Not sure what area you are talking about - very new to Turkey and the various areas. We have contacts not far from Belek - would that help?

Martyn

I just thought I would update everyone on this and about our holiday in general. We decided to go with the original plan as the owners(Ian & Rachael) seemed to think everything would be ok and also I had the backup of an apartment from Sharon(Tess) from this forum. We arrived at 3.30am on the morning of the 21st and guess what, no electricity!! The apartment was stifling hot and Helen who looks after it was very apologetic. She suggested we go over to the builders in the morning to see if it could be turned back on. I barely slept because of the heat and with the problem on my mind. Later that morning we visited the builder but just a cleaner I think was there who advised us to return in the afternoon. That we did but to no avail. The builder spoke little English and put me onto someone on the phone as a go between. He said something about the electric/maintenance not being paid but I already knew there was an ongoing dispute so decided to bail out. The good thing this time I wasn't an owner just a renter so off we went to Gordions and got transport from there to Sharons apartment. Well I always believe every cloud has a silver lining and it was Sharons complex. Lovely apartment, great complex and smashing NI people onsite. We had a great holiday after that. One slight problem when Sharons boiler started making noises and leaking at 11.30pm one night. Had to make a call to Sharon to find the maintenance man Cesmi so seal up the leak until a plumber could come next morning. Unfortunately I gave my mobile to my wife to talk to Sharon and beads of sweat started to form on my brow as the time went to 25 minutes :dizzy: Anyway they eventually finished :peace:

Met up with P-t-p and Denise as we have done twice a year for the last 4 years.

Good points

Sharons great holiday home - thanks Sharon
Couple of good meals at the Golf bar and Alo24- under 100 lira for 6 people including a couple of drinks!
Days on the beach
Brilliant night at Linekers until 3.30am one morning with p-t-p, Denise and friends. Hopefully there will be footage on Youtube shortly of p-t-p rendition of Rawhide :D - absolutely hilarious, the guy is genius :D
For the second year running our team embarrassed the female quizmaster at Linekers by winning the General Knowledge quiz. Team Mike Hunt strikes again. :biggrin1:
Getting our sale under way. I visited the Beledeyesi hoping to get somewhere and went up and down stairs finally leaving with a Permission To Build Document and another document which mentioned Iskan on it but no idea what it was, apparently Iskan on File or something. Eventually got hold of Kym(Ms Who) on the last Friday before our return and arranged to meet at 4pm with p-t-p, Denise, Bridget & myself after a couple of drinks in the Chill Out Bar. At 4.25pm and a few calls Kym said we could go ahead with the sale as everything was in order and we wanted to give POA to our side of things for us. Problem was we didn't have our passports(just copies) or photos and the Notary closed at 5pm. Murat, me and Bridget hot footed it to pick up our passports, have the photos done and do the poa bit all in the nick of time. Thanks to Kym for all her help, smashing as always and really trustworthy to deal with for anyone looking for help.

Footnote

How is this for a coincidence. Rachael the owner of the first apartment we heard was going to Altinkum to sort out some issues on the complex a few days later after we had arrived. We had never met so decided to call in and meet her. She was lovely and told us our refund was on its way, after a half hour chat we went on our way. On our last day we got to Bodrum for our flight but the queue was right the way back so decided to hold back on our check in until the queue was right down just hoping we were sitting together. We were and alongside us was Rachael, didn't know she was on our flight never mind on the same row of seats!

Tess

:roundgrin For my small part in it, Martyn, you were most welcome :roundgrin
:roundgrin Hey, what did you expect two gals to do, chatting is our hobby, was lovely speaking with Bridget and can assure you will be longer the next time LOL!!!! The pleasure Martyn was all mine of that you can be sure :roundgrin
Hey you have built up an NI Fan Base, Adrian is your number 1 fan Martyn this, Martyn that LOL!!! He's just gonna have to make do with us next week :roundgrin

Martyn

Yes Sharon, had a few Efes in the pool with Adrian, great company. Have a great holiday next week Sharon and forget about everything else.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom