Camden

Myanmar genocide
Sad to see on International Human Rights Day... the Iconic Myanmar leader, Aung San Suu Kyi. Someone who was once given a Nobel peace prize from the International Community , to now be sitting in front of the International Court of Justice to defend her own country against accusations of genocide in the Hague.

The small West African country Gambia filed the lawsuit in ICJ against Myanmar were today the panel heard a litany of complaints of attacks, homes burned , women raped. people killed from the Rohingya minority ,causing the survivors to flee the country for their own safety .

Suu Kyi is expected to address the court on Wednesday morning which should be interesting to hear her defence of her countries actions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50667966

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Myanmar genocide
154f12e16a4586d87bf46a30b139ea33_400x400.jpg

I had the pleasure of meeting San Suu Kyi when she was under house arrest some 30+ years ago, a lady of grace, intelligence and great wit.

It is not herself that is under scrutiny but her country and now she is called upon to defend the actions of a repressive government that kept her under house arrest for some 15 (?) years !!

I have never quite understood the extent of her power within the government except that her prime role is that of Minister of Foreign Affairs (or somesuch) and have long believed that she is being brought to book for the policies of the president and the generals over which she has little or no control.

I see her as the Mandela of Myanmar & hopefully I will not be proven wrong in my admiration of her.

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Myanmar genocide

Jaycey

African Refugee
Myanmar genocide
It was the army that committed genocide and now they want to transfer blame to Suu Kyi.

Some very dirty politics going on here ... more disputed election results!

week.jpg

"Suu Kyi detained in Myanmar military coup
Myanmar’s military has seized control of the country after detaining Aung San Suu Kyi and other politicians. Military television said a state of emergency had been declared for one year and power transferred to Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, the commander in chief of the armed forces. The army has alleged there were irregularities in November’s election, which Suu Kyi’s party won in a landslide."

Latest Posts

Top Bottom