Summertime

Golden Girls
My neighbours in Didim
Now, when I am in Hospital, no worry, going home tomorrow, I am thinking of my nice friendly neighbours in Didim, and I will tell a story, my last visit was in September. One day I was sitting outside, the youg girl from upstairs came down, none of them speak English, I thought she was very pretty, she had pink long skirt and a pink top and the scharf, she is a muslim girl, and I tried to explain that she looked pretty, she smiled at me. 2 days later her father come down to me, and gess what, wrapped in a newspaper, that he gave me, was his daughters skirt. That makes me cry, and now I hardly dont know what to do to make this up, what to give them. As I know it can be very cold in Didim winter time, I can bring some wintercoats to them. Bless them.:438qr:

Saoirse

My neighbours in Didim
excellent story

they sound a bit better than a neighbour I had some years ago who burgled our house and stole my mums bag and money!

Tess

My neighbours in Didim
Have to agree Summertime, what a very touching story and typical of most Turkish people, they would give you the bite going in their mouths.
Summertime, I also did not realise you were in hospital, I hope all is well and you are on the road to recovery, take care, keep well.

Tess

My neighbours in Didim
excellent story

they sound a bit better than a neighbour I had some years ago who burgled our house and stole my mums bag and money!

Unfortunately and sadly that element does exist, sad but true. There, here and everywhere. It kind of ruins the nice outlook on things and spoils your faith but when you read of kindness and giving it kinda restores it a little. Does not excuse it but somehow softens the blow. Some good, nice and kind do still remain.

Saoirse

My neighbours in Didim
wasnt just that the next door neighbour burgled the house was also the horrible feeling when your house has been burgled. It feels dirty and not your own anymore. But I agree with Tess vast majority of people in life generally are decent and good

carolk

R.I.P
My neighbours in Didim
I am sorry to hear you are in hospital, hope you are up and about soon! What a lovely story and I'm glad things are looking up for you here. x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
My neighbours in Didim
Awwww, what a lovely story, I know it's very difficult as to how to show your appreciation as Turkish people are very proud people and will, in our experience share all they have with you with no expectation of anything, only your company with them. As you live in a country where they produce fabulous warm cosy jumpers, scarves, hats etc; I would imagine that little girl would love something like this from your home country, and would be a very natural compliment to give this as a present from you. We are in a similar situation with a Turkish friend as how to show our appreciation for something they did for us, as always mindful, not to offend.

I too hope that your stay in hospital was not for anything serious and that you are soon fully recovered Summertime, your name always cheers me up too.

saffie

Saffie
My neighbours in Didim
Lovely story and is fairly typical of just how warm and kind Turkish people can be. Makes me all warm just thinking about it,and restores my faith in human kindness. I find people here are far more caring and so many nice little things they do make you really appreciate having them around.

I had a knock on the door last night,and opened to door to a tray of lovely food lovingly prepared by my new next door neighbour. They even put a small piece of chicken on a plate for my little dog to enjoy!!!! What a sweet thought that was. Can't imagine any of my uk neighbours doing something like that for me,since they all mostly kept themselves to themselves. I love the open caring and community spirit practiced so frequently here.

So sorry to hear you are in hospital,and hope that you get well and recover very soon.:438qr:

Gecmis olsun...........

saffie

panther

My neighbours in Didim
Summertime: It took me forty six years to get something I wanted when I was 14 years of age. This was on a cruise to Norway. I was going to buy a Norwegian jumper/cardigan. They were too expensive when I was there as the economy is much greater than ours.

A few weeks ago I purchased (new) two Norwegian cardigans on E bay at an incredible price. Both have the pewter fasteners.

Susan T

My neighbours in Didim
I am sorry to hear that you have not been well & I sincerely hope that you are feeling better now....
Turkish neighbours can be a blessing & a godsend, I know they have been for me....there was a time earlier this year when we had no electric for 3 days, it was so very cold, I remember that first night when I arrived home in the dark, I had barely got through the door and had time to light a candle before there was a knock, I opened the door to find my neighbour there with a bowl of hot soup....... I can't express how grateful I was at that time and always will be for that gesture of kindness.
There have been other times when they have brought food & even vegetables they have grown themselves but it was particularly that time when I was so cold, alone & in the dark that will stick in my mind.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom