Status
Not open for further replies.

puma

my crap holiday in the dominican republic
my crap holiday hotel in the dominican republic

we arrived at our hotel and it was sleazy it was suppose to be 3* but it was none ,as my hubbie said even baby jesus had 1*
food was crap room was crap it was all inclusive at the bar and the choice was rum ,gin,beer,house cocktail,i asked for vodka as that is all i drink ,no only what is on the board crap.the bar was full of german men groping the barmaid then when we went to a table a women came into the hotel and said to one of the men 300 pesto's ( £6 ) giggy giggy ,we went to our room and i slept on a towel and a coat over me i would not get in the bed,next day we walked to the beach which we had been told was 700mtrs away it took us 25mins to walk it, through a shanty village and children begging for money then shouting after us when we did not give them any.when we got to the beach there was nothing there only driftwood and not another soul.we walked back to the hotel and said to the receptionist there is nothing on the beach all she said was "very nice"
to cut a long story short we walked for 5 miles till we found another hotel that had rooms and had a great holiday and great weather and met some great people
i will be writing to the holiday company to complain and seeking compensation for what i had to pay to the 2nd hotel

Last edited:

lorraine

Non Active Member
Puma so sorry to hear this, but even though it cost you in the end appears that you had a good time.

Good luck with your claim, Go for it girl!!!

VWBug

I am a Turk
Puma sorry to hear that you went through some problems. I experienced also similar ones in British Virgin island Tortola. And thanks god we were free to change our plans because we didn't go with a tour or cruise ship. When we passed to US virgin islands we thought we were in heaven. :)

bryn

No Active Member
PUma sorry to hear that, but never liked Dominican republic myself rememember having to kick the rats away from the door of the Mcdonalds to get in!!! Also I was there during a national strike and sat in a bar as the one 3 doors up was blown up. Cant agree with Umit on Tortola had several great visits there and the american Virgin Islands is the only place I have experienced racailism in reverse- we were refused service in a bar because we were white!! Best of all I travelled the length and breadth of the carribean A total of 14 months at the expense of the tax payer so cant be all bad eh!!!

Gail

Puma we have been to the Dominican Republic and although the hotel was great and the beach, we weren't taken with at all. Sorry you had to go through that but glad it turned out ok in the end. I hope you get your money back, why don't they tell the truth in their brochures???

teresa

Free Thinker
Puma, you should have taken the fridge freezer instead!

Pleased it all worked out ok in the end and now you can get the freezer anyway just to cheer you up now you are back.

Teresa

evey

evey
i got married in dom rep .. u pay for what u get out there ... 3 star hotels just aren,t good enough.....especially to go all that way ......... can,t complain about any of it even are hotel staff where brill

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Re: my crap holiday hotel in the dominican republic

we arrived at our hotel and it was sleazy it was suppose to be 3* but it was none ,as my hubbie said even baby jesus had 1*
food was crap room was crap it was all inclusive at the bar and the choice was rum ,gin,beer,house cocktail,i asked for vodka as that is all i drink ,no only what is on the board crap.the bar was full of german men groping the barmaid then when we went to a table a women came into the hotel and said to one of the men 300 pesto's ( £6 ) giggy giggy ,we went to our room and i slept on a towel and a coat over me i would not get in the bed,next day we walked to the beach which we had been told was 700mtrs away it took us 25mins to walk it, through a shanty village and children begging for money then shouting after us when we did not give them any.when we got to the beach there was nothing there only driftwood and not another soul.we walked back to the hotel and said to the receptionist there is nothing on the beach all she said was "very nice"
to cut a long story short we walked for 5 miles till we found another hotel that had rooms and had a great holiday and great weather and met some great people
i will be writing to the holiday company to complain and seeking compensation for what i had to pay to the 2nd hotel
loooooooooooooool. im not laughing at you! but just at the bizzare situation and wot she said to u! ehehhe

EVELYNNE

evelynne
You're right Gail, but isn't it heartening to know people don;t just have crap flights and holidays in turkey !!! lol !!

I went to dominican a few years ago and couldn;t get over the poverty surrounding the plush american hotels. It digusted me and I would never go back again. It is not cheap to go to the carribean , but the shock of seeing families living in shacks made me feel so greedy.

On the up side, if there is one, the locals i found to be very happy likeable people.

But for me, turkey any day !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom