Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
There are a number of 'implements'. Some in special cases with other paraphernalia and some just in long cardboard boxes. I assume that I will not have to use the brushes that look like round copper wire brushes.

There is one of the twisty thing you mention. Now I know what that is for!

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Maisie

MJL

My Bolshie Husband
There are a number of 'implements'. Some in special cases with other paraphernalia and some just in long cardboard boxes. I assume that I will not have to use the brushes that look like round copper wire brushes.

There is one of the twisty thing you mention. Now I know what that is for!

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Maisie
You’re welcome, the kit is used normally after each shoot , but because you’re just going to put it on the wall that’s why I said twice a year, before summer and before winter. Don’t bother with the twisty one or the copper one to clean it. It’s a lovely good memory to keep so just hoping I can help you

yep, there will be lots of info on YouTube (before my time) but done it for years, would love to see a picture of yours. Dad had side by side, over under 12 bores, a 48 bore we as kids would shoot and an antique one worth a fortune, he broke the original stock on that one 🤣😂

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
My Bolshie Husband
I cleaned my dads guns , he always laid out the stuff to use but the main thing i remember was the holy grail of the big grey polishing cloth that had to be kept in a plastic bag.
long time back now .
Steve

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
Grey polishing cloth? Was this something special? What did you use this for - just finishing?

Dave's gun cabinet has quite an assortment of cloths and boxes with cut cloth pieces, including a big blanket which he used to put on the bed when he cleaned the gun. The cabinet is in the bedroom.

For now, I have put the gun in it's slip back in the cabinet.
would love to see a picture of yours. 🤣😂
I am not sure (well, truthfully I don't know at all) how to put a picture on here with a post. If someone can tell me, I will have a go.

Maisie

juco

My Bolshie Husband
I am not sure (well, truthfully I don't know at all) how to put a picture on here with a post. If someone can tell me, I will have a go.
When you make a post click on attach files, if easier for you email it to me and I will put on for you.

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
I seem to recall doing this some years ago now but the picture came out full screen. Is there an option for re-sizing?

Maisie

juco

My Bolshie Husband
Wherever the image is on your PC right click it and there may be an option to resize, will depend on what programmes on your PC. if not I can do for you.

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
I have an enamelled A4 sign on my back gate, which is visible to anyone walking down the side of my house. It shows a shotgun with the warning "Trespassers will be shot and survivors will be shot again".

Maisie

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom