Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
Away from teeth!

I have a Beko cooker which I purchased in 2014. Although I have endeavoured to clean/wipe down after each use, the knobs and surrounding rings have accumulated gunk around them. My previous Canon cooker had removeable knobs for cleaning.

I have discovered there is no proper email address for Customer Services. Only a premium rate telephone number, or online Chat. I tried the latter, and just asked the question: are the knobs removeable? I was then directed to an online form for completion to pay £5.00 for an answer! I can hardly believe this.

Mind you, Beko is Turkish!!!!

Maisie

juco

My Bolshie Husband
Away from teeth!

I have a Beko cooker which I purchased in 2014. Although I have endeavoured to clean/wipe down after each use, the knobs and surrounding rings have accumulated gunk around them. My previous Canon cooker had removeable knobs for cleaning.

I have discovered there is no proper email address for Customer Services. Only a premium rate telephone number, or online Chat. I tried the latter, and just asked the question: are the knobs removeable? I was then directed to an online form for completion to pay £5.00 for an answer! I can hardly believe this.

Mind you, Beko is Turkish!!!!

Maisie
Any cooker we have had the knobs just pull off, which model is it?

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
It is BDVC 664 W. I tentatively tried to pull one off, but the resistance was such that I stopped, as it felt as though something was about to break.

LauraB: I already have this - it came with the cooker. Unfortunately this does not mention anything about removing or not removing the knobs.

Maisie

juco

My Bolshie Husband
Maisie, maybe email this company and ask about getting one off as you want to replace it.

Kanga

My Bolshie Husband
Do you have a local recycling / household waste site nearby? I've just been to ours and got a 'new' oven shelf. They have all sorts of old fridges, freezers, washing machines and ovens lying around waiting for the scrappie, and anyone can ask for a piece, no charge.

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
My Bolshie Husband
Maisie I have Beko cooker, manual says do not remove control knobs, blow that, I like to clean them, mine will pull off, but you do need quite a bit of force. Diane

juco

My Bolshie Husband
Maisie I have Beko cooker, manual says do not remove control knobs, blow that, I like to clean them, mine will pull off, but you do need quite a bit of force. Diane
Could that be more as a safety instruction in which case just switch cooker off at the socket.
I watched a video and they use 2 spoons to lever off the knobs.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
My Bolshie Husband
Cleaning under and around the knobs , if you do not or cannot remove them is to use dental floss .
Steve

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
Thank you all for the replies. I tried looking up a schematic for these knobs. Not particularly helpful, but it does appear to indicate that the knobs are a push fit (albeit rather tight).

As Juco suggested, I emailed the company. I told them that I wanted to replace two of the knobs as the figures on the surrounding rings have worn off. I asked them how to fit these and asked if I need to engage the services of a Service Engineer.

There are several videos on YouTube, most of which just said to pull the knobs off, although none of them are for my particular cooker. The knobs are different. There was one which showed how to get a knob off if it is stuck using a cloth or duster or towel. Apparently his engineer said he would have to 'cut it off'.

I would imagine that the knobs are stuck because I have never tried to get them off. They have been there since I got the cooker in January 2014, now seven years ago.

I will wait until I get a reply from the company I emailed. Hopefully, this will say that they just pull off. The picture of a knob that Juco put here is the same as mine, except mine are white to match the cooker. It did come in black, but I wanted a white cooker.

Dental floss sounds like a plan! Probably do less damage than this stuff did to my teeth - breaking off bits of tooth!

On the assumption that I can get these off, what would you recommend to re-mark the figures that have rubbed off on the rings? My last job was with a firm of screen printers. I saw loads of bits of diverse equipment which had to be printed (around the holes where the innards poked out). These were just printed with a normal screen ink. I am still in touch with my boss, the owner of the company, so I could perhaps ask him for a small amount of this ink. As it works and stays put on aircraft fascias and medical equipment surrounds, then I would assume it would work on a cooker knob. This ink is a very different product from ordinary paint.

I now feel a bit more hopeful of sorting this out.

Maisie

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
As I said after Dave died, the inland revenue decided that at the end of the fiscal year 2020/2021, I would owe £51.00 in tax that they would collect during 2021/2022 through an amended code number. They said my income was not sufficient to take this amount during 2020/2021. I checked this with them by telephone, and I agree that this figure is correct.

Last week I received a new Notice of Coding showing that they will be collecting the £51.00 I owe for 2020/2021, through an amended new code number. Okay - as expected.

However, today, I have received another Notice of Coding basically saying that although they are going to collect the £51.00 throughout the year 2021/2022, after this I will still owe them another £44.00. So, they propose to take this through the code number for the fiscal year 2022/2023! So, yet again, I will not know my exact income, tax paid, until after April 2023! This is so frustrating.

They say this is due to an "in-year adjustment". My income currently has only increased this year through the state pension - the princely sum of £4.24 per week! But they knew this when they sent me the first Notice of Coding. In actual fact they showed the state pension figure for the year before the DWP informed me of the increase!

This is so frustrating! I wish I could just send them the £55.00 plus the now additional £44.00 to avoid all this. Trouble with this is that they will then send me a third Notice of Coding. They kept doing this last year in the months after Dave died.

Screaming here now and chewing the curtains!

Maisie

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
Juco: that company has replied to me saying that they only supply the parts and cannot give "any technical information". They suggest contacting Beko. I assume, therefore, they are incapable of looking at one of these knobs and working out the obviously very difficult and complicated way in which these can be fixed to a cooker!

Beko's website is not functioning as (there is an explanation) many of their staff are working from home and cannot, therefore, deal with "physical post". There is, however, a premium telephone number, and a postal address. Although I don't know what good that is as they have said they can't handle "physical post".

So, I am going to try a bit of BF & BI before attempting to contact Beko.

What a shambles! The mind boggles!

Maisie

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
Last week, a warning light on my dishwasher appeared saying that the filter needed attention. I removed this and found that the outer mesh part of this had split all over the place.

In 2019 I removed this to clean it and there was a couple of little splits, not too terrible. So I cleaned it and put it back, but bought a replacement filter assembly from eBay. Last week I put this new assembly in and bought a replacement as a spare. I received this very quickly.

I have had an email from the company I bought this from, saying thanks for the order and saying that they are able to help with all appliances and queries thereon. So, nothing ventured nothing gained, I have emailed them with my questions about my Beko cooker.

Be interesting to see if they reply. From what they say, I could probably get new knobs from them. They seem to sell many spares for many kinds of appliances.

Maisie

Maisie

My Bolshie Husband
Mark came here last night. He went back to work yesterday. He says that whilst the actual 'holes' (he has five of them) still hurt a bit, the main thing is that he cannot easily bend down. He said that at work, he dropped something on the floor. In order to get down, he supported himself on a bit of furniture with one hand, and had to stick one leg out behind him (a la ballerina!) to pick it up. He said his client, who has learning difficulties, was puzzled as he had previously told her he could not bend down. He had to explain again.

He started driving after one week, but not going far until he got the 'feel' of it again. The car is automatic, so only needs one foot for operation. He said though that it felt strange. Thank you for asking.

Whilst he was here, I told him the saga of the cooker knobs. He walked out to the kitchen, got hold of one knob and - bingo! He pulled it off easily. Over the past few years, whilst my hands are basically okay, I have lost a lot of gripping strength. My fingers are okay, but my thumbs don't work too well. Also, I have quite long fingernails, which makes it difficult to grip sufficiently to get the knobs off. Mark said that I could probably do this quite easily using a butter knife. I will try this. I can see (now I have seen one of the knobs off) how dental floss might work. Actually Mark initally got quite a gap behind the outer ring, so maybe even string. Would it be a good idea to spray the bar with WD40 before replacing the knobs?

I bought some tomato plants from an online garden company. They arrived on Saturday, so I planted them yesteday. They are little plugs. It was okay last night, but frost is forecast for tonight, so I will put them in the shed. The weather was so nice yesterday, I took the opportunity to have a sort out in the shed. Nothing to throw away, just rearrange where I had just tossed things in. I also got rid of all the remains of last year's bedding plants in the various pots, and pulled out weeds. Ready now for new ones, but maybe wait a week or two. I bought them on 29th April last year after going to Dave's funeral. The grass is again ridiculous. About 15" high and riddled with dandelions. There are normally two or three, but they have gone beserk! Although I have noticed now that I am out and about again, dandelions are everywhere. After I cut the grass, I will have to spend quite a bit of time digging them out. Fairly easy with a daisy grubber, but back breaking!

Maisie

Jaycey

African Refugee
My Bolshie Husband
...After I cut the grass, I will have to spend quite a bit of time digging them out. Fairly easy with a daisy grubber, but back breaking!

Maisie
While you're at it why not daisy grub the grass as well.
Green concrete & plastic daffs work for me ;)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom