Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
My blog
UPDATE - Move over Nigella's Blog

Hi there!

Well, i have been living in Turkey for over a year now and still loving it. I am a facebooker and my status updates usually consist of something food related. In the uk i was a real foodie both eating and cooking/baking. Some time ago a couple of my friends who are always asking for help and recipes told me i should have a blog. I looked into it at last and although i made a start, i haven't got far with it. With the winter coming i am hoping it will giVe me something to do and that someone will actually read it...if not it's a good reference for me to look back to and store my recipes on!

My cooking has changed a lot since i came to Turkey. I am back to basics and appreciating things that i wouldn't have dreamed of at home (foodwise). I make a lot of the things we miss and sometimes with ingredients that i can't get here i get visitors to bring from the uk for me. I also try to adapt recipes so they will work for us out here. There has been a lot of trial and error, believe me :)

I am no Gordon Ramsay that's for sure, just a "home cook" who likes tasty food and to feed my family well. No one's Complaining so far (except about the expanding waistlines) and i get lots of requests...Maybe they're being polite ;)

So i was just wondering if anyone would be interested in following my blog when i have added more to it and i'm confident enough to post the link?

Thanks in advance and i'll keep you updated.

Last edited:

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
My blog
Thank you KKOB :) i will be getting to work on it very soon and then i will post the link in the next couple of weeks. Once i get a bit on it i will then just update regularly, well, like you're supposed to with a blog!

Last edited:

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
My blog
I would follow your blog! I love to cook and would be really interested to see what you do with Turkish ingredients. One of greatest pleasures is looking around the veg markets when we are over. How I envy you all that abundance of locally produced fresh products!!!

Di x

giglets

My blog
Hi Lyndsey,

Myself and better half would be very interested to read your blog.
We love fresh food - mainly veg/fish/fruit,rice/pasta/bread etc...and would really appreciate your recipes and ideas with a Turkish slant.

Go for it, kid!

Dave

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
My blog
Hi Lyndsey, Me too, I would defo be interested in reading and maybe trying some of your recipes.

louise17

My blog
I too would be very interested as I am not very good at cooking & new ideas would be great!! Hurry up please!
Louise

may

My blog
I would be very interested in your blog. I love going to my turkish friends and neibours for meals,they say they like to come to me for british winter food as they call it, [ stew & dumplings}

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
My blog
Good idea Lyndsey, especially as I've never looked at a blog! You made me laugh as there has been a cooking blog film out recently with Meryl Streep called 'Julie & Julia'.
Carol x

TURKISH BEGINNER

TURKISH BEGINNER
My blog
Cant wait to read your blog, i too love Turkish food and cooking so would be great to see what kind of things you come up with.........

hijo

in my own clique
My blog
looking forward to reading your blog Lindsey..as a retired chef maybe i could throw a few ideas for you..:roundgrin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom