serendipity

Must-do activities in & around Kalkan
Hi one and all

Myself and partner will be spending a week on holiday in Kalkan in June and I'd appreciate some advice on what you might consider are unmissable things to do and see in and around (say up to one hour's drive) Kalkan.

Also, is it better to buy lira before leaving the UK or would we get a better rate when we arrive ?

Thanks a lot for your help :))

Hello
I think the Dalyan Delta is worth going to, I done a boat cruise along it and saw ruins in a mountain and we stopped on a beautiful beach. Then cruised back while having a bbq lunch. I also enjoyed going to Kas, a lovely town about half an hour away. Had lovely rugs there and shops. I also liked going to Patara beach, about a 20 min car or bus ride away. As you drive up the road to the beach there are loads of ruins and the beach itself is huge wide and sandy. You can easily find your own piece of sand to chill. You can also rent umbrellas and there was a small beach hut there selling snacks and drinks.

I found a days boat trip along the coast was a great way to see the area too. One day we done a coach trip to a place where they make and sell rugs, that was interesting. Also done a trip to this stunning Gorge where you can hike up it and then have a meal in one of the restaurants over the river afterwards. Think it was called something like Stikalant Gorge....

Have a great trip...

Rach

dalyansteve

Kekova bay is not to be missed, sunken city and tombs etc. Also Dalyan you may be offered a transfer tour, it is way nearer the airport and it is a full day out with a room to shower,change or sleep in apart from that the beach and the views are fantastic. A great end to a holiday and a taster of what you could have done!!!

LezliG

[QUOTE Also done a trip to this stunning Gorge where you can hike up it and then have a meal in one of the restaurants over the river afterwards. Think it was called something Stikalant Gorge....

Have a great trip...

Rach[/QUOTE]

The gorge is Saklikent, tour companies usually do Tlos in the same tour, but both worth going independently. You could easily spend a whole day at either.

Link to info re Saklikent : Information about the Saklikent Gorge - Fethiye's own natural wonder

and Tlos:
Lycian Turkey - Ancient Lycian Site of Tlos

Hope you have a good holiday.

Lesley

dalyansteve

Ps. the gorge is called Saklikent and it is the second longest gorge in Europe, great day out if it is hot, nice and cool inside.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom