matty

Muslim Swimmers
Muslim in the town of Walsall Uk can now swim in Peace from praying eyes in the new glass tinted swimming pool.
May be in Turkey they should have Tinted glass beaches so all the infidels can swim.

Here:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Swimming pool blacked out to appease Muslims

OMG!..Whatever next!..I just wonder if the Councilor for Darlaston is Musim?!
Also did the Non muslim users get a say in the decision????

:argue::argue::argue::argue:

tonybhoy

Muslim Swimmers
absolutely ridiculous,near me before the pool was shut down they had womens night on thursday(no men)muslim night on wednesday(no non muslims)yet every other night there was women and muslims swimming happily in mixed baths,5 nights a week the pool was full yet on these 2 nights they where lucky to get a dozen people between them,no wonder it was losing money.......end of rant

geordie_nev

Muslim Swimmers
From the Wasall Council Website:

Walsall Council's leisure chief today reassured residents and swimmers following inaccurate and misleading media coverage of work carried out at Darlaston Leisure Centre.

The council has come under fire for applying a translucent film to 58 window panels to improve the modesty of swimmers. Local and national media reports have suggested that this application has plunged the pool into darkness and has been paid for by council taxpayers.

However, Councillor Anthony Harris, cabinet member for leisure and culture responded today to insist that this work is not unusual but is a common application carried out by local authorities across the country.

Full Article

mrkeith

Muslim Swimmers
I am sure that these baths have clear glasss from floor to ceilings meaning that anybody can stand outside and watch people including children in the baths.
The councillor states that it was not only Muslim women who had complained about the problem but if you want headlines and to sell a story the Muslim angle is good, a bit like the dog angle on here lol (sorry Pineapple1)

teosgirl

Muslim Swimmers
I agree with you Mr keith.
It's just an easy story to sell papers.

I remember going to our local pool as a child and there was also one way glass. I don't think it's a new thing.

However, the media like a good 'them vs us' story to stir things up; if a muslim person complains about anything in the UK it's bound to be because of their religious beliefs and not just personal choice?!
(where is the line between someones faith and someones personality being the reason behind their opinions? or are they one and the same?)

Wait till the radical muslims hear about the pope though...then they WILL have something to complain about!

Charlotte

mrkeith

Muslim Swimmers
If the local authority had fitted one way glass in the first place instead of skimping on a few grand there would have been no problem

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
Muslim Swimmers
I am sure that these baths have clear glasss from floor to ceilings meaning that anybody can stand outside and watch people including children in the baths.
The councillor states that it was not only Muslim women who had complained about the problem but if you want headlines and to sell a story the Muslim angle is good, a bit like the dog angle on here lol (sorry Pineapple1)

mrkeith,
I think you are adding your own angle to this by mentioning people watching children, this was never put forward as a reason by another councillor, who also can't be sure if there was any consultation on the matter. Let's not have any speculation, and stick to the facts.
Bill.

tonybhoy

Muslim Swimmers
I agree with you Mr keith.
It's just an easy story to sell papers.

I remember going to our local pool as a child and there was also one way glass. I don't think it's a new thing.

However, the media like a good 'them vs us' story to stir things up; if a muslim person complains about anything in the UK it's bound to be because of their religious beliefs and not just personal choice?!
(where is the line between someones faith and someones personality being the reason behind their opinions? or are they one and the same?)

Wait till the radical muslims hear about the pope though...then they WILL have something to complain about!

Charlotte
why should muslims complain about the pope coming to a christian country

teosgirl

Muslim Swimmers
mrkeith,
I think you are adding your own angle to this by mentioning people watching children, this was never put forward as a reason by another councillor, who also can't be sure if there was any consultation on the matter. Let's not have any speculation, and stick to the facts.
Bill.

I understood Mr keiths comments to mean that people can already watch inside the pool area; there's always a spectators area that is separated by clear windows...so that people can watch their older children. So Muslims don't actually have any more privacy...hence why the story smells fishy.

But, Councillor Anthony harris did mention Children here:

He added: "It's common practice for local authorities to introduce similar screenings at pools to improve the privacy and comfort of swimmers. Such measures will support greater usage from a wide range of the community who may previously have been put off by the glazing, including people who are a little overweight and families with young children; precisely the people we need to be encouraging into our leisure centres.

Tony, because it's not only a country for christians and tax payers (including hardworking muslims) will be footing the bill. I for one would not want to pay for anyones visit, regardless of which faith they preach.

Charlotte

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
Muslim Swimmers
I understood Mr keiths comments to mean that people can already watch inside the pool area; there's always a spectators area that is separated by clear windows...so that people can watch their older children. So Muslims don't actually have any more privacy...hence why the story smells fishy.

He added: "It's common practice for local authorities to introduce similar screenings at pools to improve the privacy and comfort of swimmers. Such measures will support greater usage from a wide range of the community who may previously have been put off by the glazing, including people who are a little overweight and families with young children; precisely the people we need to be encouraging into our leisure centres.

Tony, because it's not only a country for christians and tax payers (including hardworking muslims) will be footing the bill. I for one would not want to pay for anyones visit, regardless of which faith they preach.

Charlotte

Charlotte,
That same foolish councillor, Anthony Harris, also made the ridiculous comparison between a groundfloor bathroom and the swimming pool. As far as I am aware there are different activities take place in these two places and therefore different privacy levels are required. Can we agree on that matter.
Bill

tonybhoy

Muslim Swimmers

Charlotte
why did you only mention muslims then?the tax payer pays triple that amount when a visiting american comes a calling and nobody mentions a word about it,we spend more on these so called radical muslims than we will on one old guy coming for a cuppa,give it a week after he's gone and we will find something else to moan about lol,at £20 million for a visit i can only say he must fly with ryanair

teosgirl

Muslim Swimmers
why did you only mention muslims then?

lol, only because the thread is titled 'muslim swimmers'! It's a thread about 'apparently' unhappy muslim people getting their way, and tax payers who 'apparently' don't care one way or another whether you can see people half naked from inside, out side or above, feeling like they're footing the bill.

Pot and kettle.

Bill and June,

Yes, I personally don't see the difference between swimming in a pool or being at the beach.

I just doubt that the council did this because of pressure from the muslim community. If they were strict muslim followers they'd probably try to swim in a burkini or not go at all.

Charlotte

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
Muslim Swimmers
lol, only because the thread is titled 'muslim swimmers'! It's a thread about 'apparently' unhappy muslim people getting their way, and tax payers who 'apparently' don't care one way or another whether you can see people half naked from inside, out side or above, feeling like they're footing the bill.

Pot and kettle.

Bill and June,

Yes, I personally don't see the difference between swimming in a pool or being at the beach.

I just doubt that the council did this because of pressure from the muslim community. If they were strict muslim followers they'd probably try to swim in a burkini or not go at all.

Charlotte

Charlotte,
If I had mentioned the beach( I did mention the bathroom) anywhere in my posting, I might be able to understand your reply.

Bill

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Muslim Swimmers
Would one have to prove that they were Muslim to get in on those nights I wonder ?
How would they do that ?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom