dksbbs

Musical Instrument Shop - Marmaris
Does anyone know if there is a Musical Instrument Shop in Marmaris, my daughter needs a new flute and as we are over in August thought I would price one up in Turkey, In the UK we are looking at £500 minimum for a basic intermediate one upto £1000 for the better ones, she needs a better one than she has now to take her further in her grades.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Dave

musicman

You can get a very reasonable intermediate flute for less than £500 and a very nice one for £1000. I would suggest you buy in England (very good company in Taunton, pm me if you want details.) Would only buy abroad if it is recognised make and you have provision to use warranty if there is a problem.

Musicman

Does anyone know if there is a Musical Instrument Shop in Marmaris, my daughter needs a new flute and as we are over in August thought I would price one up in Turkey, In the UK we are looking at £500 minimum for a basic intermediate one upto £1000 for the better ones, she needs a better one than she has now to take her further in her grades.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Dave[/QHello... I stay ın Marmarıs and yes there are 2 musıc shops here but they are expensıve. I have just been lookıng to buy an electrıc guıtar as I left mıne ın UK (sılly me) and the prıces started from 240ytl and they werent very good ones. So yes ıf I was you I would brıng a flute wıth you from UK. Hope thıs helps you.......... Also ıf anyone reads thıs and has an electrıc guıtar for sale I could well be ınterested.

Ava

My son tried to buy a pedal while we were in Istanbul last year, found one he liked the sound on and asked the price. When told the price he told the salesman that he only wanted the price for the one he liked not all the ones he'd tried! The cost in the UK for the same pedal ranges between £75 - £110, the cost in Istanbul was just over £700. Ok we got a rubbish exchange rate last September, but not that rubbish.

It was the same a few years ago in Marmaris when he tried to restring a guitar for a friend who was learning to play guitar. They were extortionate. We came home and sent the strings back with instructions.

I agree with Musicman buy the instrument in Britain. It will be a lot cheaper.

Try your local school to see if any of the local music shops give them discounts.

Quite a few in Glasgow do.

tinkyman

once you know what you want then just google it. its surprising what you can find being sold cheaper on the net but you will need to know what you want beforehand. i would be very surprised to find a quality instrument in Turkey and would also be wary of the effects of the extreme heat over there on a quality instrument

dksbbs

Looks like the UK then, thanks for taking time to respond to my query.

Dave

Latest Posts

Top Bottom