music
WE had a vist from the jandarma yesterday as did every other restaurant/bar in gumusluk to tell no music after 11.30! last year it was 2 00,we asked is this law just for Gumusluk but they said no but for all off bodrum!can you see bar steet in bodrum or gumbet clossing down at 11.30 dont think so,it would be like a goost town,this came from mulga so dont know what there up to this time,maybe the next thing it will be a drink ban!!
WE are going to find out more today so will let you know more when we find out.maybe we will just have to go out a few hours early LOL.

Gail

music
I think they make the rules up as they go along. There is not a chance the music will finish in Bodrum or Gumbet at 11.30, the youngsters don't start going out until then! I hope they don't do it in Gumusluk, they are so much stricter there than Turgutreis and we are only a couple of miles down the road :dooh:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
music
Yes Ken - we had a visit also saying the same - How bloody stupid is this ?? I am sure that the council just DO NOT want tourists to enjoy themselves !!
How can we earn a decent living with these stupid rules ??
Well I refused to sign - dont know what will happen to me now ??

music
They will prob send back on the first flight back to blighty Sue,it is daft! next it will be no alcahol, joking aside where do they think the taxes are going to come from?it is hard going as it is trying to make a living,they said it was so no one was upset by the music,the only ones who are is upset are the ones that are on hols and spending there lira,will see how long that lasts.

music
From what I understand this only applies to outside areas, so bars in Gumbet and Bodrum's bar streets aren't affected as they are inside areas. They are monitored for noise levels and have been for many many years. But they get round this by as they see the Zabita approaching with the decibel meter, all the windows and doors are closed and the DJs are told to lower the volume. The measurement is taken and they are usually found to comply. When the Zabita has gone the windows and doors are reopened and the DJ ups the volume again. Last year one bar was too slow and was found to be above the permitted volume and was closed for 14 days in mid summer.
It does beg the question though what about places like Halikarnas and HadiGari - open air and loud music from 11pm until early morning!

alison09400

music
Here in Kusadasi there are different hours for different areas of the town and it also differs if it's a restaurant, a bar or a cafe..and whether it's open-air or enclosed.

pebble

music
yikes...whats gonna happen at the halikarnas disco? i dont think they even get hopping till 1 am......

I dont think this will fly

good luck to you all having to abide by these rules n regulations that mak no sense whatsoever.

music
we stayed in a (grotty) hotel near Halikarnas for a few days before getting our apartment keys and the noise was really bad we got no sleep!

music
Yes Ken - we had a visit also saying the same - How bloody stupid is this ?? I am sure that the council just DO NOT want tourists to enjoy themselves !!
How can we earn a decent living with these stupid rules ??
Well I refused to sign - dont know what will happen to me now ??

You were brave! I will visit you in prison Sue.

waterbaby

music
It is such a stupid thing .Next thing you know we will all be getting arrested for talking and having fun in the street after 11.30. I really do not see how this will last .

music
Yesterday a guy here droped a fag end got a fine off 100 lira!you are now not allowed to over take unless you pump your horn 3 times instead of once.

JAYTEE

music
Yesterday a guy here droped a fag end got a fine off 100 lira!you are now not allowed to over take unless you pump your horn 3 times instead of once.

Thanks for this info Ken. Don't smoke but if you have to beep your horn when overtaking, I now realise why we got beeped so many times last time we were in Turkey!! Didn't know you had to do this.

music
ive heard that its 1 oclock here in marmaris down the beach front .but not for bar street the bar owners are not happy we will wait and see what happens ...

music
I was told yesterday by Akin in the corner pub here in Turgetries that they had been to see him and told him no music after 11.30 and the bar is in bar street, so I assume they went to all the other bars too. How stupid, the bars will all suffer or we will all just sit there bored.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
music
this is bloody ridiculous, OK I accept that if you are in a hotel on bar street, for example the lovely New Yelken Mandalinci in Turgutreis, then loud music can be a problem, but these bar owners have to earn a living and how can you take people inside after 11.30 in the height of the season, imagine being crammed in to a a bar in July and August when its still boiling hot outside, tourists will be flocking to go elsewhere, and thats the last thing bar owners need, the death knoll for tourism looms methinks

music
Please don't shoot the messenger but this is what I was told in G├╝mbet last night.
The "no music after 1130pm" applies to all outdoor areas and will be strictly applied this summer. Indoor areas will have to comply with the decibel limit imposed and can continue to play music after 1130pm.
This was evident last night as all the bars had closed windows and doors after 1130pm.
When I asked about Halikarnas and HadiGari etc there was a shrug of the shoulders. Will be interesting to see what happens when they open!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom