Status
Not open for further replies.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Music 13 th May Morgul Antik
Anyone in Yalikavak on Weds 13 th May fancy coming to a music night ??
Acustic guitar and singing by our very own " Fendouglas "
aka Peter will start at 8 30 pm
Normal menu available + buy 1 get 1 free cocktails all night
Large Efes in iced glass only 3 50 tl
Bottle house wine 19 tl
Don"t forget all TLF members get 10 % discount
Peter is donating his money for the " Street animal Charity "
PLEASE GIVE HIM YOUR SUPPORT

Lynda T

Hi Sue,
Unfortunately we won't be there for the 13th - arriving 30th May - anything planned for the first 2 weeks in June?

Look forward to seeing you then.

Lynda

Bradys

Hi. Sounds great but we're not coming till 18th for a week -anything planned during that week?

By the way what's the weather looking like at the moment?

Sharon
x

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Nothing planned for any of those weeks yet - but could certainly arrange a TLF
" Get together " if enough interest ?
Weather this past 2 days has been lovely - hopefully now it"s changed and " on the up !! "
Please post your dates if you want me to arrange something - and I will do my very best !

As a new member I decided to read the rules of the forum.
Now this is just a question from a new member ,so don't crucify me, but doesn't this thread and the "morgul antik is now open " thread directly contravene rule 2 ?

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Very observant aren't we,? but Sue also pays for her ad as you can see on the left hand side.

Jeannie

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Funnily enough, thought that myself but i'm not getting into any slanging match. That's me said my bit and i'm saying no more on the matter.

Jeannie

captain

As a new member I decided to read the rules of the forum.
Now this is just a question from a new member ,so don't crucify me, but doesn't this thread and the "morgul antik is now open " thread directly contravene rule 2 ?

Well said Jennifer. Most of Luckycat68's postings include half of her menu as well, together with prices and special deals! Maybe forum rules only apply to the newcomers? Perhaps Jeannie could explain how paying for an advert excludes you from the rules which apply to everybody else?
There is a solution - don't read any postings started by Luckycat68.

:roundgrin:roundgrin

Doug

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
I said that i wasn't getting into a slanging match but i am answering to defend myself. At no point did i say that because you have an advert that you can post or start a new thread re your business. If you read my post carefully you will see that i only said that she pays for her ad.

Thanking you & goodnight

captain

Very observant aren't we,? but Sue also pays for her ad as you can see on the left hand side.
Jeannie

I said that i wasn't getting into a slanging match but i am answering to defend myself. At no point did i say that because you have an advert that you can post or start a new thread re your business. If you read my post carefully you will see that i only said that she pays for her ad.

Thanking you & goodnight

Hmm. Are you a politician by any chance? :77wu:

Big Rowbs

Pete & Lynne Rowbottom
Oh come on does it really matter one way or another. No one is being forced to go are they! If Sue didn't tell us those who might just be inerested and would like to go wouldn't know and wouldn't have had a chance to meet and enjoy an evening of entertainment at what I have always found to be a friendly welcoming venue.

I thought the whole purpose of TLF was to provide a site for people to help one another, find things out and perhaps make new friends (generally by letting people know things and ask questions). Up until now I have always been positive about the site.

So Sue thanks for letting us know. I personally will be exercising my choice not to go to this particular event but at least you allowed me the choice by keeping me informed.

At the end of the day we all need decent places to eat and enjoy ourselves and would soon moan if they weren't there anymore.:gathering

After all remember beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder :peace:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Oh -- here we go again !!!
Yes the start of another season and "get at Sue season" I suppose - YES we DO pay for a advert - unlike alot of restaurants who DONT but blatantly advertise their events !!
Maybe Mushtaq should make everyone who mentions their business pay for banner ?
What I do or say about my own restaurant is entirely up to me - those who disagree then PLEASE DO NOT READ MY POSTS !!I get alot of pm " s asking me to PLEASE post on TLF my events -
as most of you know I collect for the street animals of Yalikavak - last year I managed to get 15 dogs and cats neautered here and provide food for the lean winter months - buy collars - frontline
etc etc ---- NOT an easy job when purely relying on donations !
This season already I have had 3 cats treated and 1 cat neautered -- paying from my own pocket as no donations as yet.
Last night made a little money to start with.
For the record - last night was lovely - not many people ( some of you will be happy about that I suppose ) but Peter was in good voice and we had a good sing song.

Why is it that some folks are jealous if others doing well ??? I don"t know!

:36329ht5b

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Ah.So the forum rules exclude advertisers,thanks for enlightening me.

By the way you can call me Jenny

Jennifer - no it does NOT exclude advertisers - if a banner is paid for then that is the whole point - Mushtaq DOES NOT run this forum for free - or didn"t you realise that either !!

There are some sad and terrible things going on in the world today, yet some people just seem to sit there at their computers bl...dy nit picking!! Get a life!!!

alanjb

"I am also a Member but been coming to Yalikavak for 6 years - only 1 time time a year. albeit for six months at a time. I am not at all interested in the politics of all this, but the original article was an advert - pure and simple, and that is against the rules.
You can argue all day about jealousy, charitable works and grudges, but an advertising agency could not have done better.

If this stands as allowable, then I expect every other bar and restaurant will have the right to inform us of their special events, entertainment evenings, menus, "leg of lamb evening", wine and beer prices and discounts for certain groups."

Sorry for the plagiarism, but living just outside Yali I need Sue to advertise. If any other local restaurant is having a leg of lamb night, please advertise here.

Sue, even with Your blatent advertising, Maggie and myself could not make this event, I wanted to but our young grandson is visiting and he would not like to see his grandad that merry from a good evening at Morgul Antic. Sorry Sue, but maybe next time if I,m aware through your postings on TLF.
Alan

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Alot of you are missing the point - e g
I pay for a banner on the left hand side of TLF - which allows me to tell people what events are planned !
I agree if a banner is NOT paid for then the business SHOULD NOT be allowed to advertise
Alot of other restaurants advertise - e g only today " Mickmac " has 2 identical posts about his restaurant - with prices and menu -- I DO NOT see any one getting at him and he DOES NOT own a banner
So why don"t you sad folks who are trying to harm me just bloody well leave me alone and let my husband run a decent business ??
Last said on this matter -
THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE SENT ME PM"S FOR YOUR KIND WORDS
:closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom