oldfogy

Just passing through
multi page Translator TR-En
Does anyone know know of a decent 'reliable' multi-page translator program.

I have a 12 page insurance document that needs to be translated into English, in one go.

Up-until now I have been using ABBYY FineReader 11 to convert to a MS Word document and then selecting individual pages followed by Google Translate, but looking for something a lot/bit quicker.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Thanks I'll Give it a try and let you know how I get on.

EDIT:
Well it worked 'sort of' but after I DL and installed the Translator addon, I started with 12 pages and finished with 38 all of which most pages still required some sort of additional checking/formatting or correction, so it may be quicker just to continue the way I was, but may be just for a smaller document it could be ok.

but thanks all the same, just back to the drawing board...........

Last edited:

Alexander

ABBYY FineReader creates a lot of additional tags that may be useful for other purpouses, but not for Machine Translation.
Use Word to save the FR output as Plain Text (*.txt), this might work.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Thanks Alexander I'll take a look at that later.

BUT in the meantime I have decided to contact the Insurance broker with the following message which is:
If you want to retain my business, then I would like all of my insurance documents in my native language which is English and I'm quite sure that a company as large as 'AXA' should be able to comply with my request.

I'm not overly bothered with the DASK policy but for my Motor, property and contents, plus the complex policies are required to be in English.
As soon as I get a reply I will repost the outcome.

oldfogy

Just passing through
ABBYY FineReader creates a lot of additional tags that may be useful for other purpouses, but not for Machine Translation.
Use Word to save the FR output as Plain Text (*.txt), this might work.
Sorry just realised I have/am already using ABBYY Finereader to convert the .pdf into a editable word document, but that still leaves me having to copy/paste each individual page into Google translator then back to pasting into Word, which on this occasion is throwing up far to many errors due to embedded charts and such.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Thanks Alexander I'll take a look at that later.

BUT in the meantime I have decided to contact the Insurance broker with the following message which is:
As soon as I get a reply I will repost the outcome.
I insure with AXA. All the documents are supplied with exact copies in English.
For legal reasons ( I assume) the main policy document is in Turkish.

Ian

oldfogy

Just passing through
Just a update and to finalise this post.

AXA have now sent a copy in English, although not with all the 'small print' but at least the nitty-gritty of what is and is not covered' which should be good enough.
Now we just have to hope we do not need to use it.

The original document is 12 pages, the new document is only 6 pages.

So it just goes to show or prove... ask and thou shall (in this case) receive. And I didn't even need to use the threat of taking my other policies elsewhere.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom