KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
MPs to get another payrise
This MUST be true. Afterall, it's in The Telegraph. :wink:

MPs are to be offered a pay rise to make up for a loss of income from expenses claims under plans drawn up by Gordon Brown to quell a growing back-bench rebellion.

MPs' expenses: pay rise for MPs to stop rebellion - Telegraph

So, in brief, it's a case of pay back the expenses you fiddled you naughty boys 'n girls and in return we'll give you a payrise instead of prosecuting you. :wink:

The photo they've used is a bit ironic isn't it ? It shows the Tower of Big Ben about to collapse onto the Houses of Parliament. :lol:

Last edited:

jimskem

Having read the above link, is it any surprise a certain party is gaining in popularity.
It seems that many, many M.P.s still do not accept the way the general public feel toward them for their dishonesty.
If indeed there is to be an increase for them as expected, hopefully it will be in line with inflation. No doubt various unions will be watching with interest.
When they stand for election, they know full well what the salaries are, and if they
are better off in their previous job or profession, just stay put.
Milking the system has to be stopped, but just for a change, from the Government
for starters.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Once again we have the law and rules for one and the others that pay their wages are condemmed to a life of oppression from the evil self made ivory tower deliberately set up to create their own little world.
I have always argued on the fact about how this evil system seems to encourage criminal minds to flourish and are given laws to take care of their own kind.

We need a system in place where the slight signs of wickedness that are noticeable promoted by selfish thinking,must be severly punished with hard labour.No matter who they are,a bit of hard work toiling in the fields will do them a world of good which should include a prison boarding school to teach them the the art of morals and how one can benefit far more then to think of ways to dupe people into stealing their money.

But l would personally prefer to strip them naked and hang them upside down tied to the back of a vehicle and then drive along busy roads,with a sign stuck to their censored regions that reads..l am impotent of thought and body

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Hello Bob, fancy you replying to this !! :lol:

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist it ! :wink:

EVELYNNE

evelynne
firstly welcome back bob, great contribution as usual.

secondly, i work in the private sector and we didn;t get a pay rise this year or a bonus and i for one like everyone else, haven;t complained, just thanking my lucky stars that i still have a job. I give 100% as is what is expected from me.

What MP in their right mind would accept a pay rise with an election coming up. Are any of the major parties that popular with joe public, I never have voted for my present MP and I definately won;t next time. So who does that leave me to vote for?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
l can name a few that are very popular with the politician.They are called criminals.And labour has had plenty of time to introduce laws to create a paradise for the the criminals so they now will be voting for the criminals in power.The Devil does take care of it's own kind

Mushroom

Hello Bob, thought you'd hibernated?

Jimskem is right. Can you imagine how the rank and file on average wages, with worries for the future and probably lucky to get any pay rise for ages will think of their MP's voting themselves a nice additional little earner?
Any union man worth his salt must be watching and waiting for the MP's to set their pay increases and then ask for the same, if not more !

Talk about greedy and out of touch.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom