james1873

Mozzies
I am coming back over to Altinkum next week with the family for 2 weeks - we absolutely love the place - but aint so keen on Mozzies. A mate just back from Marmaris was telling me that they were a big problem there so I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good Repellant. I read a while ago that BA did an effective Solar Powered Sonic Repellant but since purchasing 2 recently I am now reading not so good reviews. Anybody Help! Thanx in advance.

Mozzies
Try Avon Skin So Soft, works for me. Spraying on deet tends to bring me up in a rash.

You can also buy mozzie bands, I have found that these also work - I wear one on my wrist and one on the opposite ankle. Just remember to take them off when you go in water.

Sue

batman

Mozzies
Merhaba
Just back from didim mossies are 95 per cent gone council have done great job spraying regularly no worries

ZiaCa'

Mozzies
There are some excellent natural repellants (i.e. no chemicals with are absorbed into your skin) from health food shops. I normally stock up on them when over in UK.

pldouglas

Mozzies
I find that taking anti-histamine tablets 3-4 days BEFORE you set off works well. You may still get some bites but they don't swell up and itch nearly as badly and also dissapear quickly and if you couple that with a band or other sprays, that should set you up. Enjoy your trip.

RichnKim

We've Made It!
Mozzies
We can recommend 'Tesco Extra Strength Mosquito Spray' which comes in a yellow bottle with an orange lid.
We live here all year round and found this very effective. Dalyan has a fair few mosquitos and this kept them away.
So we didn't have to :62yd:

Richnkim

maxine366

Mozzies
We were back from Altinkum yesterday after 2 weeks.
Not one Mossie to be seen. none around at all.
enjoy your hoilday

kaplumba

Mozzies
I won't use anything with DEET in it and most sprays contain it. I have posted before about a solar electronic device I use. I bought it on a BA flight and husband wasn't convinced by it. It makes the sound of a male mossie and the pregnant female ones that do the biting stay away. You can hardly hear it. I haven't had one bite this year and they usually feast on me. The problem with it is remembering to put it in the sun for 3 hours every day.

james1873

Mozzies
kaplumba said:
I won't use anything with DEET in it and most sprays contain it. I have posted before about a solar electronic device I use. I bought it on a BA flight and husband wasn't convinced by it. It makes the sound of a male mossie and the pregnant female ones that do the biting stay away. You can hardly hear it. I haven't had one bite this year and they usually feast on me. The problem with it is remembering to put it in the sun for 3 hours every day.

It must have been your article I read. I purchased 2 of these and since purchasing I have read reviews saying they are no use. Will be bringing them over to try out but was looking for an alternative repellant just in case.

kaplumba

Mozzies
Oh well that's what my husband said to me as well lol. However it was worth a try and it may have been a coincidence but on 2 separate holidays I had no bites at all - very unusual for me. Better still no messy creams and no DEET.

willip

willip
Mozzies
Just bought mozzie repellent patches from Netto 12 for 99p, you put one on in the evening and they last for 12 hours. not sure whether they work yet will let you know if they do. Pat

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Mozzies
If you Google the words "skin so soft" and Mosquito, -see the results. It seems to be widely known for keeping the little perishers away and smells OK. Its not all oily. A plus to it is it isn't sticky like Deet and also Deet melts plastic and nail varnish. It ruined a pair of my flip flops.

But, I have gotten a friend to get me the solar mozzie repellents, I do hope they work as I have gone mad and asked for 3...

Mozzies
:frog: I have heard that Marmite works! no don't spread it over the skin! it is more to do with having B12 i think. A doctor was on the TV saying that B12 was a major factor but not sure how true it is and if you don't like Marmite try B12 suppliment cos that won't hurt. You don't see many over the bed mossie nets do you? wonder why?
cheers!

Mozzies
I take one Vitamin B complex tablet every day - not only does it keep the bites at bay for me it also boosts the energy levels - woo hoo!!!

On offer at Tescos earlier when I was in UK 2 weeks ago - 180 tablets for £4.95 (I think) so a good supply there.

james1873

Mozzies
Thanx to everyone for the great response to my query. I particularly liked the fact that apparently there aint many of the darned things about.

Last edited:

mintyk

Mozzies
Well,,,,,I got lots of bites last night just after the bug man had been round spraying, he came right past my place just as I was eating,,THE SWINE,, anyways he must have got them mozzies angry and they took it out on me legs.

sarah391

Mozzies
Hi We have just got back from Didim/Altinkum last weekend - for the first time ever I did not have 1 bite! One of the restaurant owners told us the trees had been sprayed. Two friends with us did get bitten by something and reacted quite badly but we don't think they were mossie bites as they have been bitten in the past and these bites were not the same. I have always used Boots aftersun with mossie repellant and whatever spray is on special offer!

Good luck!! : :angel:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom