Moving to Tuzla Park Lake Resort
Only 2 days to go before the next chapter in our lives, since we took early retirement at xmas we have rented for 3 months in Spain and on 19th April make the big move to our apartment at Tuzla which we have had for the past 11yrs.
Only ever been for maximum 3 weeks before, so looking forward to exploring more of Turkey instead of just getting has much sun in as possible.

Congratulations. I am fairly sure that you won't regret it. Even if you do, better to regret trying something that regretting not trying. Gook luck and keep us informed of your new life, good and not so good.
Well been here nearly two weeks and settling in ok.
The only problem we have had is trying to get residency, we now have to go to British Embassy in Istanbul/Ankara to get our marriage certificate apostilled, the rules changed in April or go for the 6 month tourist permit.
But so far no regrets Turkey or Oldham only going to be one winner.
Regards.
Peter.

Hope all goes well getting the marriage certificate apostilled. I sent 5 certificates off today in the UK to be apostilled, in readiness for our move to Turkey. It cost a whopping £155, but I figured that it was better to get both our Birth certificates, our marriage certificate & my previous marriage certificate & decree absolute all apostilled, than have any problems when we apply for our residency.

Hope all goes well getting the marriage certificate apostilled. I sent 5 certificates off today in the UK to be apostilled, in readiness for our move to Turkey. It cost a whopping £155, but I figured that it was better to get both our Birth certificates, our marriage certificate & my previous marriage certificate & decree absolute all apostilled, than have any problems when we apply for our residency.
Good morning Villasunday. definitely the best thing to do, everything else was quite easy applying for residency with the help of a friend and a lot of good information from the doc martin website.
Can i ask which company you applied for the Apostilles through, i am getting my son to order new marriage certificate in UK cost £11 and will apply on line for Apostille £54 then he is going to send it recorded to a friend coming out soon, works out so much cheaper than taxi fares to and from Bodrum airport 2 return flights Istanbul then taxi fares from and to airport at Instanbul and then 1 night b&b if not completed in a day plus cost of Apostille at Embassy.
Hope all goes well with your move.
Peter

Good morning Villasunday. definitely the best thing to do, everything else was quite easy applying for residency with the help of a friend and a lot of good information from the doc martin website.
Can i ask which company you applied for the Apostilles through, i am getting my son to order new marriage certificate in UK cost £11 and will apply on line for Apostille £54 then he is going to send it recorded to a friend coming out soon, works out so much cheaper than taxi fares to and from Bodrum airport 2 return flights Istanbul then taxi fares from and to airport at Instanbul and then 1 night b&b if not completed in a day plus cost of Apostille at Embassy.
Hope all goes well with your move.
Peter
I did it all via the UK gov website

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Never had to do that

Kanga

Well been here nearly two weeks and settling in ok.
The only problem we have had is trying to get residency, we now have to go to British Embassy in Istanbul/Ankara to get our marriage certificate apostilled, the rules changed in April or go for the 6 month tourist permit.
But so far no regrets Turkey or Oldham only going to be one winner.
Regards.
Peter.
The first RP is limited to the 6 months issue regardless. This also applies if the previous RP has expired. We are dealing with this at the mo.
The only good thing now is that the RP is dated to the date of application, not the date of entry to the country as previously.
You dont need an intermediary for the apostilles. Go directly to the relevant government department on the dot-gov website.
We've never been asked for a marriage certificate for an RP in the past, nor this time.
Check what you need first, we've been asked for bio-metric photos, the usual letter confirming our address, and the tapu, plus 6 months Turkish bank statements.

Last edited:

Saoirse

That's interesting to know

I didn't know money / proof of income had to be in a Turkish bank

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
The first RP is limited to the 6 months issue regardless. This also applies if the previous RP has expired. We are dealing with this at the mo.
The only good thing now is that the RP is dated to the date of application, not the date of entry to the country as previously.
You dont need an intermediary for the apostilles. Go directly to the relevant government department on the dot-gov website.
We've never been asked for a marriage certificate for an RP in the past, nor this time.
Check what you need first, we've been asked for bio-metric photos, the usual letter confirming our address, and the tapu, plus 6 months Turkish bank statements.
I thought proof of income had finished its years since we had to do that.

I got marriage certificates in case there was any problem with my surname not matching other documents, for example if I want a Turkish driving licence, my education certificates are obviously in my maiden name.
The villa is also in my sole name, so I thought that it may help to show we are married for my husband's residency.

Is the address letter required for your UK or Turkish property? I can provide UK, but only have water & electricity bill slips for Turkey.

I have also heard that I will need a new copy of my tapu, as mine is 18 years old. Do you know if this is correct?

I am trying to get everything in order over the next couple of weeks

We are also in process of getting our residency in Bodrum, the 6 month permit is for extended tourist visa only and the marriage certificate apostille is not required.
The rule was changed on the 1st March about having to get the certificate apostilled.
This is the first time we have applied for residency and we can have 2 years.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I got marriage certificates in case there was any problem with my surname not matching other documents, for example if I want a Turkish driving licence, my education certificates are obviously in my maiden name.
The villa is also in my sole name, so I thought that it may help to show we are married for my husband's residency.

Is the address letter required for your UK or Turkish property? I can provide UK, but only have water & electricity bill slips for Turkey.

I have also heard that I will need a new copy of my tapu, as mine is 18 years old. Do you know if this is correct?

You need a form from the tapu office that declares that the tapu is still in your name. You can get one through the e-devlet site (It links you to the new electronic tapu site) but it is a bit of a faff. It is only valid for 2 years. This year ours had expired by a day!

enoch

Top Poster Of Month

That's not a problem you get residents for a property owner and your husband gets one for tourism. If you sell your apartment and rent your residential visa will need to be renewed but your husband will not have to.

Kanga

We've always provided proof of income in the application file and the Mugla office has always ignored it. This year we are applying to the Marmaris office and have been advised to include 6 months bank statements from our Turkish bank. Whether anyone looks at it or not doesn't matter to us, but the thought of not having the one item needed, and having to go back another time at the whim of an official isn't one we want. I'd rather have everything possible to avoid another round trip..
Last time we applied at Mugla more than 2 years ago we were asked for 2 bills as evidence of address. We only had one acceptable, but fortunately for us we'd bought new tyres for the car the day before and had a full invoice with our address, which was accepted.

Well been here 10 weeks now and finally got our residency for 12 months, would have had it sooner but was waiting for friends to bring out marriage apostle with them which my son did in UK.
You have to have to show 105,000Tlr each in bank if you are going for the 6 month permit, nothing for the 12 month.
We took all our paperwork to Everim at the side of the Mosque near the marina in Bodrum she tells you everything you need and sorts out all paperwork and books appointment cost was 350Tlr each, but it was so hassle free well worth the money.
Has for the move IA so far absolutely living the dream and loving every minute of it.
Regards.
Peter.

PeterL

Only 2 days to go before the next chapter in our lives, since we took early retirement at xmas we have rented for 3 months in Spain and on 19th April make the big move to our apartment at Tuzla which we have had for the past 11yrs.
Only ever been for maximum 3 weeks before, so looking forward to exploring more of Turkey instead of just getting has much sun in as possible.
Good luck with your full move to site

Kanga

You have to have to show 105,000Tlr each in bank if you are going for the 6 month permit, nothing for the 12 month. #18

Eh? We didn't have to show anything for our 6 month RP but were not allowed a full year even though we've had RPs for many years, because the last one lapsed while we were in lockdown.
I reckon some of these officials make up the rules depending on which day it is.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom