Akbuk

samsung

moving to akbuk
just wondering if anyone could give advice about possible move to akbuk in about 2 yrs time

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
moving to akbuk
Are you looking for specific advice relating to Akbuk, or about moving to Turkey in general?
Where are you moving from?

samsung

moving to akbuk
Are you looking for specific advice relating to Akbuk, or about moving to Turkey in general?
Where are you moving from?
hi actually going to possibly move to akbuk permanently from Merseyside uk , lots to think about first , only to retire out there not to work

Camden

moving to akbuk
I don't know if you are thinking on buying or renting ? but most exPat advice is rent first till you decide the area is right for you .. Some even suggest continuing to rent., keeping a bolt hole in the UK as income or any need to return..
Renting also gives you the opportunity being flexible to try or visit other areas in Turkey which you might even enjoy more ...

samsung

moving to akbuk
I don't know if you are thinking on buying or renting ? but most exPat advice is rent first till you decide the area is right for you .. Some even suggest continuing to rent., keeping a bolt hole in the UK as income or any need to return..
Renting also gives you the opportunity being flexible to try or visit other areas in Turkey which you might even enjoy more ...
hi many thanks for your advice, going to probably buy , I have bought in akbuk before I had a apartment in pyramid complex back in 2017-2018 , we have a family member living and working in akbuk , bolt hole in uk would be bank account ,

moving to akbuk
Hi, we made our move to Akbuk when we first left the UK in 2010. Although we loved the place, it was just too quiet in the winter. A few restaurants opened, but they were empty so we didn't bother eating out. Lots of the expats went away in the winter as did we. Glad we rented because after four years we decided it was time to move on. Good luck. xx

samsung

moving to akbuk
Hi, we made our move to Akbuk when we first left the UK in 2010. Although we loved the place, it was just too quiet in the winter. A few restaurants opened, but they were empty so we didn't bother eating out. Lots of the expats went away in the winter as did we. Glad we rented because after four years we decided it was time to move on. Good luck. x

samsung

moving to akbuk
hi I can imagine its quiet in akbuk in winter , still trying to get my own head around living in a forgien country fulltime , its probably so different holidaying out there but for keeps sounds so different, will possibly might rent first sounds like a good idea if I carnt hack it , many thanks

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
moving to akbuk
hi actually going to possibly move to akbuk permanently from Merseyside uk , lots to think about first , only to retire out there not to work
Did a year in Altinkum whilst our property was being built in Akbuk, then spent eight very happy years in Akbuk.
Firstly, if you live in a noisy area, you’re stuck with it, if you move and live in a quiet area, you can pick & choose where/when to hit the noise.
Secondly, if you know the area you want & it’s long term living you’re after,I personally wouldn’t rent.
Thirdly, I would concentrate on expat owned properties, there’s plenty about.
Fourthly, I wouldn’t buy off plan, no matter how fabulous it looks on a laptop.
Finally, if you do buy from a Turk, use all your Merseysideness to (a) watch them like a hawk (b) take your time and bargain with them to the point where they start to cry 😢 😂

Hilsjw

moving to akbuk
Actually, Akbuk has got much busier in the past few years with lots more building. Not necessarily for the better. We preferred when it was more rustic but then we are old timers. So, not so quiet now in the Winter. Also, there are quite a few planned organisations that run only in the Winter e.g organised walks all over the local areas, which our friends, who live in Akbuk really enjoy.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
moving to akbuk
I think buying anywhere has changed dramatically over the last few years.
I’d want a place that had the Internet on tap, I’m not one for sitting in a bar or restaurant shouting at my phone, “how are you Mary, it’s 10pm here and 28 degrees”.
nor would I aim for a place surrounded by woodland.
We never had a written checklist on wants & needs, just dived in with a hit and hope attitude.
Luckily and I do mean luckily it all panned out OK.

samsung

moving to akbuk
Did a year in Altinkum whilst our property was being built in Akbuk, then spent eight very happy years in Akbuk.
Firstly, if you live in a noisy area, you’re stuck with it, if you move and live in a quiet area, you can pick & choose where/when to hit the noise.
Secondly, if you know the area you want & it’s long term living you’re after,I personally wouldn’t rent.
Thirdly, I would concentrate on expat owned properties, there’s plenty about.
Fourthly, I wouldn’t buy off plan, no matter how fabulous it looks on a laptop.
Finally, if you do buy from a Turk, use all your Merseysideness to (a) watch them like a hawk (b) take your time and bargain with them to the point where they start to cry 😢 😂
hey thankyou for valued advice , it really made be chuckle , merseysideness , thats so funny many thanks again

samsung

moving to akbuk
Actually, Akbuk has got much busier in the past few years with lots more building. Not necessarily for the better. We preferred when it was more rustic but then we are old timers. So, not so quiet now in the Winter. Also, there are quite a few planned organisations that run only in the Winter e.g organised walks all over the local areas, which our friends, who live in Akbuk really enjoy.
thankyou so much for your kind advice

Latest Posts

Top Bottom