immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Moving Pension Pot
I am starting the process of moving my pension pot to an offshore account under the QROPS scheme. Probably a Guernsey account - still researching options.
Has anyone else done this? Any advice gratefully accepted?
Ian

soulmates2uk

gary and sharon
Moving Pension Pot
we looked into this sometime ago i cant help you much because after we did the research etc we took the figures to a financial consultant and after various checks and calculations,he still couldnt beat the returns turkey was offering over any length of time even with tax incentive

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Moving Pension Pot
Can't give you any personal knowledge of this Ian but here's a few websites offering explanation and advice - maybe you haven't seen these ones..

QROPS Guide. Everything You Need To Know About QROPS!

http://www.spainbusinessbroker.co.uk/qrops.html

Expat QROPS pensions offshore currency investments and property

Costs and Benefits Associated with QROPS Offshore Pensions

There is an expats forum here Ian and the link I have posted is all to do with moving pensions - maybe you will find something useful in it.

C

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Moving Pension Pot
we looked into this sometime ago i cant help you much because after we did the research etc we took the figures to a financial consultant and after various checks and calculations,he still couldnt beat the returns turkey was offering over any length of time even with tax incentive
And has that proved to be correct?
The restriction is that to move my pot complete with contributions from taxman it has to be a QROPS scheme. There is only one such scheme in Turkey and that is not very attractive (they will not let me touch my cash for 10 years and it has to be in T Lira). Under the QROPS I can get at my money immediately and use a wider variety of investments, including property, as part of the plan.
Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom