KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Motor homes in the UK
We thought about renting one for a week but when we saw how much they wanted we gave it a miss.

Mushroom

Motor homes in the UK
Don't rent. Buy one which is second hand and is still in a good condition, with low mileage.
Use it for a year and if you don't like it, sell it.
Chances are that if unlike me you have a couple of months per year to enjoy it, you will either keep it and then be happy in the fact that you did not rent in the first place, or if you decide it isn't for you, you have probably spent less than you would have in rentals because a good one does not drop much in value, if at all in a year.
It is on my wish list, but something called work and kids keeps getting in the way !

red

Motor homes in the UK
I once tried to hire one to go to Glastonbury, I shelved that idea as the prices were so high! I had a tow bar fitted to the car and hired a small caravan instead. If your relative could offer one at a reasonable price I bet he'd do well.

Lindacm

Motor homes in the UK
Don't rent. Buy one which is second hand and is still in a good condition, with low mileage.
Use it for a year and if you don't like it, sell it.
Chances are that if unlike me you have a couple of months per year to enjoy it, you will either keep it and then be happy in the fact that you did not rent in the first place, or if you decide it isn't for you, you have probably spent less than you would have in rentals because a good one does not drop much in value, if at all in a year.
It is on my wish list, but something called work and kids keeps getting in the way !

I will agree with you on this Mushroom, as we bought a rather expensive second hand one 18 months ago. We used it for a season & although we loved it, it was not practical to live in Turkey & use for a several weeks a year. We sold it a year later for a bit of a loss, but we really enjoyed the experience.

We had looked before at renting one, but thought too that they were very expensive. However, if I still owned one I would not at all wish to rent it out...too much damage could be done which could prove expensive to put right.

Make sure that they also have somewhere to store it. If you have to pay for storage it can work out expensive.

If they do decide to buy I feel sure that they will love it.:roundgrin

Linda

Lindacm

Motor homes in the UK
I once tried to hire one to go to Glastonbury, I shelved that idea as the prices were so high! I had a tow bar fitted to the car and hired a small caravan instead. If your relative could offer one at a reasonable price I bet he'd do well.

Hi Red,

Did you get to Glastonbury and what did you think of it?

We used to live in a small village about 5 miles from Glastonbury. In fact I in Glastonbury a few weeks back with a friend.

Linda

Latest Posts

Top Bottom