jcrian

Motor Cycle Licence
On my driving licence I have a category P.

Looking on the Direct gov website it says I can drive Mopeds with an engine capacity not exceeding 50cc and a maximum design speed not exceeding 50km/h

So does that mean in Turkey I can ride a moped up to 50cc capacity with a passenger?

Harem

I've cliqued
Motor Cycle Licence
Probably, from the information we have been given. But, there will be someone along shortly, I am sure, with conflicting information. After all, this is Turkey!!!!!

lushbabe12000

waiting to move.....
Motor Cycle Licence
Ian

Probably in Turkey, it looks like you are able to drive anything including carrying the weekly shopping with the kids on the bike..

P.S. I have a Category A and I can ride anything!!!!! ;)

jcrian

Motor Cycle Licence
Yes including all these.............

Agricultural tractors F

Road roller G

Tracked vehicles H

Mowing machine or vehicle controlled by a pedestrian K

Mopeds P

Probably in Turkey, it looks like you are able to drive anything including carrying the weekly shopping with the kids on the bike..

But I would like to do it legally!

Martyn

Motor Cycle Licence
Found this Ian

If you wish to drive in Turkey, you are required to carry either an International Driving License issued in the UK or a notarised copy, in Turkish, of your Driving License. Please note provisional driving licences are not recognised. An 'A' category standard motorcycle licence is required to hire motorcycles over 50cc in Turkey. An 'A1' category 'light motorcycle' driving licence is only suitable for motorcycles below 50cc. It is against the law not to wear a helmet.

Contravention of the above could result in a heavy fine.

Do not drink and drive. The Police will breathalyse drunk drivers, fine them on the spot (currently 448 YTL) and immediately confiscate their licence for six months.

From here

jcrian

Motor Cycle Licence
Thanks Martyn looks like that answers my question.

Now how do I go about getting a cat A1 licence in the UK. I don't really want to drive a scooter here but it would be useful for Turkey.

lushbabe12000

waiting to move.....
Motor Cycle Licence
You will need to do CBT training and do your theory test...

And then do a bike test on a 125 I think, there is a decent trainer in Lampeter..

Martyn

Motor Cycle Licence
I suppose if you want to go above 50cc you need to pass the relevant driving test. It used to be under 50cc you could drive anyway and over that you had to pass the test.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom