Mosquitos!
Can anyone tell me what the Mosquitos will be up to in Uzumlu in June - will they be well fed or starving for our blood - we are bringing our 4 year old grandson with us and he may not have the patience to deal with mosi bites - we have "OFF" repellant - am told its the only effective deterrent - is that correct? Thank you for any info available.

dalyansteve

Mosquitos!
You forget that mosquitoes are Klingons in disguise, they have cloaking devices that allow them to attach themselves to you at the airport, come along for a ride and then Party time. Sorry carried away there!!! Off works pretty good as does smearing oneself with marmite and taking enormous quantities of vit.B. oooops off again!
Take any precaution you can but at the end of the day it depends on whether you are susceptable to bites or not. Don't forget some antihistamines just in case.

IanJones

Mosquitos!
Hi there I will tell you what I came across the other year and intend to use again this year.....AVON skin so soft. Its a moisturiser spray but contains a substance that the little beggers hate. Rumour has it Mel Gibson used it when he was in Scotland filming Brave-heart. There is loads on E-bay in case you dont have Avon. It worked for me.
It smells nice to, perfect after a long hot day in the sun.
Hope that helped.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Mosquitos!
I s there a problem with them in Fethiye {calis beach}.
Please say NO!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie :splat:

dalyansteve

Mosquitos!
No they are so big you can see them, when they bite it hurts..... Actualy that was 15 years ago I am sure they sprey and do everything they can to get rid of them now, I go quite regularly to Calis and have not been bitten for years and they love me.
The Avon stuff is pretty good my wife uses it and they all swarm around me instead.

Mosquitos!
Hi there I will tell you what I came across the other year and intend to use again this year.....AVON skin so soft. Its a moisturiser spray but contains a substance that the little beggers hate. Rumour has it Mel Gibson used it when he was in Scotland filming Brave-heart. There is loads on E-bay in case you dont have Avon. It worked for me.
It smells nice to, perfect after a long hot day in the sun.
Hope that helped.

I read somewhere ( dont know if its true or not) that the army used this when off somewhere tropical as whatever they put in it is so effective.

Jane

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Mosquitos!
We breed them by the thousand up here in Kaya. We're about to despatch the next batch to Calis any day now.

:biggrin:

dalyansteve

Mosquitos!
KKOB was talking about the mosquitoes not the army, yes it is true the army tested it but it was a bit of a problem as all the gay guerrilas thought it was lovely!!!! and it gave the game away.

I'm not using that spell check again, it completely lost it and with it my train of thought.

I was talking about the human kind not the animal gorrila.
I have lived here too long and am forgetting how to spell simple words.

Last edited:

red

Mosquitos!
They love me and the only thing I have found to work is Jungle fever - sold in Boots. They don't like the kids as much but occassionally they are bit -if I spray JF on them they aren't touched, but I do worry about the chemicals in it. I'll try the avon stuff myself.

Buy a pen stick made for applying after bites - they do work but apply it as soon as you notice the bite - do not delay:) I speak from experience - and whatever you do - do not pick if swollen:) - yep made that mistake too:) oh and just extra ammo - take some Piriton (anti histamine) it's wonderful stuff to calm a child and the bite caused by lots of flying demons.

Mosquitos!
I read somewhere ( dont know if its true or not) that the army used this when off somewhere tropical as whatever they put in it is so effective.

Jane

Us army grunts used avon in Vietnam, & it seemed to work there.

Shame it dosent work for me in Turunc Grrrrrrrrrrrr:angry:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Mosquitos!
We breed them by the thousand up here in Kaya. We're about to despatch the next batch to Calis any day now.

:biggrin:

Very funny KKOB,:19: i've got my Avon stuff and i've also got my anthihistamines which i will start taking tomorrow, Is there anything else i could take?

Peregrine

Mosquitos!
Very funny KKOB,:19: i've got my Avon stuff and i've also got my anthihistamines which i will start taking tomorrow, Is there anything else i could take?

a net to put over the bed

and one of those electric heater things

and a burning stick thing like a joss stick

and a fly swat

and sticky fly paper

and ........

Last edited:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Mosquitos!
Don't want to over do it Perry!!!!! Ha Haa Haaa

By the way i've just noticed that this is my 1,001 load of muck posts that i have just done Ha Haa!!!!!!!

Jeannie

Peregrine

Mosquitos!
Don't want to over do it Perry!!!!! Ha Haa Haaa

By the way i've just noticed that this is my 1,001 load of muck posts that i have just done Ha Haa!!!!!!!

Jeannie

theres nothing like being prepared you know. But I'm sure there is something I missed!

Mosquitos!
I have never had a problem with mozzies in Uzumlu, but I am told they always go after tender sweet meat, cant understand why they don't bother me !!

Mosquitos!
I agree about the stick pens try to use it asap and DO NOT scratch once you start you wont stop, use it when it itchs, not so easy to stop the kids scratching I know.

Also give the bedrooms a quick spray of mossie killer an hour or so before bed and then keep the doors and windows shut, then any of the little B***** that have snuck in get it.

Jane

dalyansteve

Mosquitos!
No one has mentioned, spiders that bite, flies and sand flies that also bite. I have a nasty looking spider bite at the moment that has a black hole forming where the skin and flesh has died. I still would not live anywhere else.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom