Fran Dessop

Mosquitoes this season?
How are the mosquitoes this season?
The weather looks very hot... and it looks like getting hotter.
Family out in two weeks time, can't wait. Fran

kibris

Mosquitoes this season?
ıve been bıtten 3 tımes so far thıs year--my own fault for rushıng out of the apartment and forgettıng to spray myself wıth OFF spray whıch ıs what ı use ın the day.At nıght ı got myself some lavender essentıal oıl,costs a few lıra,rub a few drops on your skın and a few drops on your pıllow and ıt aıds restfull sleep and keeps bugs away.You can also use lavender oıl dırect on ınsect- mozzy bıtes and ıt stops the ıtchıng and promotes healıng,also good for rubbıng ınto acheıng muscles and ınto the soles of the feet for all round healıng.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Mosquitoes this season?
I haven't been bitten for years but this year had 20 to 30 bites on my right ankle, my fault, no repellant, or long socks with my sandals.

Martin

val2661

Mosquitoes this season?
Have been told that Avon Skin So Soft has a mossie repellent in it which really works. When I lived in Turkey, I always had a fan on at night in the bedroom as they don't like moving air.

Val

kibris

Mosquitoes this season?
we buy/use Avon Skin so Soft Dry Oil Spray with JOJOBA. Never get a bit apply after showering before going out for the evening all over, its good for the suntan toooo

ı used to use the avon skın so soft oıl when ı lıved ın uk and ıts really good.I used to buy ıt ın bulk when ıt was on offer.Its the orıgınal one that was called woodland fresh that repels the mozzıes but ı thınk they changed the name.You can get avon here ın turkey but not seen that partıcular product.Im sure ı read that ıt was gıven to the armed forces too.

JanetClarke

JanetClarke
Mosquitoes this season?
Boots after sun with an incorporated mozzy repellant slathered all over the body plus a couple of squirts of 80% deet around the ankles works a treat. Doesn't work for the midgies in Scotland though. Nothing works for those damned things.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Mosquitoes this season?
Since I started using Avon Skin so Soft dry oil out in Turkey we have not been bitten. Saying that we went for a walk down by the river wyre on Monday here in the UK, no oil on and my husband got a nasty bite from a horse fly. :mmph:

Last edited:

Fran Dessop

Mosquitoes this season?
Off Max from Migros doing the trick. Skin So Soft failed with five or six bad bites over the first couple of days. So local stuff is better. Or neat deet.

evo80

Mosquitoes this season?
Got to be a blood thing ,as never been bitten by mossies ,but then the Ol says I have always been bad blood LOL.

Mosquitoes this season?
is it very bad for these little blighters ? as we have two young kids who will be coming over with us this year for a few weeks at a time we did not experience any last month but then it was maybe to early in the year for them ?

ted j

Mosquitoes this season?
Off is good and if you can get the Aqua version, that is waterproof (good for kids as they are always in the water)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom