Akasya

Postless Pointer
Mosque next to brothel vexes Antalya residents
So, everyone knew that the brothel had been there for forty years, did no one think it may be an inappropriate place for a new Mosque. I would not defend a brothel as such, but to build deliberately then complain about the neighbours seems churlish. Still i suppose between them they cater for both ends of the market.

I do agree that having an establishment of questionable merit in the neighbourhood is detrimental to family life, and that alone should be reason enough to move it.

Steve.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Like you say, it doesn't seem to have had a detrimental effect on the area for 40 years, but now the mosque's been built, it's a problem.

I wonder who gave the mosque planning permission ?

Güney also noted that the brothel is located in the direction of Mecca, so that people have to face that way while praying. Doesn't that apply to every structure in the world ? Surely everything is in the direction of Mecca from one perspective or another?

Bubskar

My sentiments are that the brothel was there first! In the beginning, as the article says, the 'proprietor' was respectful enough to have the brothel 'out of town'. Because of development it has ended up being in the centrum. The guy whose land is being given over for the sole purpose of a Mosque being erected, it would seem, is being a bit mischievious or has got an axe to grind with brothels, maybe he was short-changed at one!

I have always been mildly surprised to find that in many cities the Mosque, brothel; 'dubious' Haman; second-rate hotels and lots of mens' cafes co-exist side by side literally and all appear well attended. In one part of Izmir I've seen it and also Eskishir.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
NIMBY= Not In My Back Yard.

( Modern English lessons available ! :wink:)

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
My sentiments are that the brothel was there first! In the beginning, as the article says, the 'proprietor' was respectful enough to have the brothel 'out of town'. Because of development it has ended up being in the centrum. The guy whose land is being given over for the sole purpose of a Mosque being erected, it would seem, is being a bit mischievious or has got an axe to grind with brothels, maybe he was short-changed at one!

I have always been mildly surprised to find that in many cities the Mosque, brothel; 'dubious' Haman; second-rate hotels and lots of mens' cafes co-exist side by side literally and all appear well attended. In one part of Izmir I've seen it and also Eskishir.

Couldn,t agree more, not that I have ever used one. Brothel or Mosque that is....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom