Natalie

MORE Poisonings
I'm so fed up and annoyed ..

A few months ago, 2 dogs were poisoned and they both died, a few days ago a cat and a dog died, yesterday Spike (neighbors dog) got poisoned but luckily they called the Vet straight away, he is ok now. Today next doors little puppy ate some poison they called the Vet and they said she should be okay. We went looking near the bins and we found more poison, we carefully picked it up and burned it

(We also found a dead adult hedgehog next to the pioson)

... *Sigh* We have no idea who is putting the pioson down, so like we don't know what to do ?!

Jas and Saskin are fine because we don't let them roam the street.. Melis and Eda went round the women who we think put it downs house and shouted at her but she swore she didn't do it ( We guess she did it because she has chickens and a while back one got eaten by a wandering street dog - keep 'em in a coop then ! )

Just to add the effing idiots who live next to us belive in so many old wife tales .. well when the puppy today got pisoned while they were waiting for the vet , they chopped the end of her tail off 'cus tehy heard from somewhere that it stops the poison from piosoning them ..

The vet arrived and said are you stupid ?! It will make it spread even more because the blood is being pumped there now !!

Me and mum could't belive it ! .. Poor puppy x It must of felt everything.

Im just so sick and tired of all these wife tales going around .. Mum hates it too .. Like when dad fractured his head ( don't think I told anyone on here ? ) the other week after he fell well when we went round my aunties house and everyone was there my auntie said what you should do is get a chicken and kill it and give the meat to a poor family mum said no I'm not doing that I couldn't kill it and then my auntie said take it to a butcher and mom said no I don't belive in things like that Karma and all .. *crap* happens end off .. well my auntie didn't realise just how good my turkish has gotten I shouted out what ?! we ain't killing no chicken ... you wanna help some poor family out give them some money - however it costs to buy a chicken so they can actually chose what they want to do with the money and put it to better uses .. my auntie didn't say anything

And like when Efe was a baby my aunties next door nighbor said to cover him in salt to make him not smell when he is older wtf ? anyway they did the put it in his hair and everything and they recorded it he was crying his little head off and well yeah .. Mom said she didn't let any of them do anything like that to me and my brother .. and my big cousin Tugce they put lemon juice in her eyes a drop in each to make he see real good .. she now wears glasses .... Idiots

I just can't wait untill we move house .. Which will hopefully be sometime in the summer holiday xxx

awww

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
MORE Poisonings
Make sure you report the poisonings to the Jandarma or Polis. They probably won't do anything about it but at least it's on record.

Gin&Tonic

MORE Poisonings
I couldnt agree with you more Natalie. I cant wait to get my beloved dogs out of here but there's no way I would think of moving before I've sold my villa, wouldnt want to leave that empty here for too long. The way things are at the moment I could have a long wait, luckily we've got a garden so atleast the dogs have somewhere to run around, but even there we have to be careful as even though the garden is completely dog proof and there's no way they can get out I have still caught Turkish people about to throw bloody great rocks at my dogs !

martin m

MORE Poisonings
Hi natalie
Theres been loads of threads on here about dogs being illtreated or poisoned and whilst i am anti dog (only in turkey as you hardly ever see one roaming in uk) i dont agree with them being poisoned and agree you should report it to the authorities.
what i really replied for was to say how much i enjoyed the way you wrote the thread, reading it was just like listening to some one talking,great and it made me smile.
martin

bobthenob

Non Active Member
MORE Poisonings
lt is one of the Turkish policies agreed with the E.U not to cause any cruelty to any animal,where they are being handed millions of Euro's for this.
l have noticed also they are not showing much enthusiasm in stopping this barbaric crime and are just happy to take the money and pretend in doing something about it.
Best to take photos of the incident of where the poison was placed and,,Sorry,,to say this but also the photos of the innocent animals that have been exsposed to theis poison.Then write out a report and send it to the E.U commision as well as send the evidence to the media.This will make them jump in getting something done about it.
Their quite happy to take the money,but are not willing to honour there side of the bargain..Boy..do they have a long way to go,before they can get in the E.U

Natalie

MORE Poisonings
Hi natalie
what i really replied for was to say how much i enjoyed the way you wrote the thread, reading it was just like listening to some one talking,great and it made me smile.
martin

I don't understand if you are being sarcastic or what? .. If you have something to say please just come out and say it, don't use snarky little sarcastic comments. Thank you.

Last night I was rather overwhelmed with it all to be perfectly honest, so well theres an excuse.My grammar is crap.

2 reasons pick your favourite ^

If you didn't mean for your comment to come across this way, then I am sorry for the miscommunications.

Last edited:

Natalie

MORE Poisonings
lt is one of the Turkish policies agreed with the E.U not to cause any cruelty to any animal,where they are being handed millions of Euro's for this.
l have noticed also they are not showing much enthusiasm in stopping this barbaric crime and are just happy to take the money and pretend in doing something about it.
Best to take photos of the incident of where the poison was placed and,,Sorry,,to say this but also the photos of the innocent animals that have been exsposed to theis poison.Then write out a report and send it to the E.U commision as well as send the evidence to the media.This will make them jump in getting something done about it.
Their quite happy to take the money,but are not willing to honour there side of the bargain..Boy..do they have a long way to go,before they can get in the E.U

Thankyou, the first time when the 2 dogs died I took pictures of them both (Me and my dad actually had to move there bodies because they were lying next to the school) but I didn't take any last night. I just don't understand why the Vets aren't doing anything? If they are being called out to treat piosoned dogs and animals why don't they take pictures and everything and send it to the whoever?

Natalie

MORE Poisonings
I couldnt agree with you more Natalie. I cant wait to get my beloved dogs out of here but there's no way I would think of moving before I've sold my villa, wouldnt want to leave that empty here for too long. The way things are at the moment I could have a long wait, luckily we've got a garden so atleast the dogs have somewhere to run around, but even there we have to be careful as even though the garden is completely dog proof and there's no way they can get out I have still caught Turkish people about to throw bloody great rocks at my dogs !

Good luck with your move, I love everything about Turkey EXCEPT animal welfare. Which is such ashame in my opinion especially because of how much I care about animals, I just find it so hard to turn my back and forget about it. The other day the kids were playing football at the school, the ball came into our garden, one kid came to our fence with a stone in hand, trying to scare Jasper. Well Jasper loves to play fetch with a stone or a ball, with twigs anything, so obviously it didn't scare him. The kids asked me to pass them there ball, I simply said no (If he wouldn't of raised his hand at him I would of given them there ball back).

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
MORE Poisonings
I like your style Natalie and your concern for the animals. Keep up the good work even though its heartbreaking.

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
MORE Poisonings
Natalie

I think you misunderstood Martin. He was not being sarcastic. I also read your post and thought it was just like you were talking to me - and though the topic is sad it was a refreshing change the way it came across with such genuine frustration and passion.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
MORE Poisonings
You are a very caring and genuine person Natalie.
Whether you think your grammer is crap or not.The most important thing is how you come over as,and you do come over as a person that has a heart filled with love towards the living and the enviorment we class as our home.l admire that.
l think the same as what Martin has stated,it is just like you are their speaking face to face,and that is a good thing to be proud of.When you get comments like that from others is a positive gesture,where you are viewed as genuine and not as someone that pretends to be something their not.
l love reading your post because you say it the way you feel,and not from another source that can distort your personality.Your own thinking is your personality,which is a personality that exspresses kindness.l like that in people.

lf their were many more like you in the world with your strong passions towards the living.The world would be a dam sight more of a tranquill place to live in.lt's these dam morons that poisons other minds with their stupid beliefs,instigating a culture of cruelty that is the problem.

Keep up the good work and don't waver from the one's that have the poisonous minds.Your one of the many decent humans that has the antidope in curing this plague,that poisons the uneducated minds.
Take care..and god bless you

Last edited:

tintagel

MORE Poisonings
It's so sad to read of yet more poisionings & now hearing about these 'old wives tales', lord it's all, just so awful to think about :frusty:

Guz1

MORE Poisonings
Natalie

I think you misunderstood Martin. He was not being sarcastic. I also read your post and thought it was just like you were talking to me - and though the topic is sad it was a refreshing change the way it came across with such genuine frustration and passion.

I took the same meaning from Martin's post, and his comment more or less sums up my feelings on the topic.....not much of a dog lover but don't approve of cruelty.

Natalie: Your anger and frustration are understandable, but don't let it get you down. You might have to wait a generation before seeing an end to the old wives' remedies. Turkey will catch up with other countries but it won't happen overnight. Meanwhile you are teaching by example and probably having more effect than you realise. Don't change your style of writing....it reflects your honesty and spirit.

martin m

MORE Poisonings
Hi Natalie
Firstly, if i was going to pick a fight with anyone it would not be a lady, as i never win those anyway.
Secondly, i think without a doubt i have the worst grammer,spelling,and punctuation on this forum.
Thirdly, no offence meant it was a genuine compliment and i stand by it.
lastly, if this is what happens when i compliment folk sod it, hahaha
martin

Natalie

MORE Poisonings
:
Hi Natalie
Firstly, if i was going to pick a fight with anyone it would not be a lady, as i never win those anyway.
Secondly, i think without a doubt i have the worst grammer,spelling,and punctuation on this forum.
Thirdly, no offence meant it was a genuine compliment and i stand by it.
lastly, if this is what happens when i compliment folk sod it, hahaha
martin

'Lastly, if this is what happens when i compliment folk sod it, hahaha'

Naa its not what happens when you compliment people .. I guess just when someone happens to compliment me :redface: :rolleyes: ..

Seriously I am honeslty so sorry I took it the wrong way, it's just so many people lately have meant things in little sarcastic comments instead of just saying what they mean.

Sarcasticness - I don't understand it.. Especially on the internet!

So Thank You For The Compliment

Once Again - I Am Terribly Sorry x

I have just read through my post again I am shocked that you all understood what I was on about? no full stops or anything haha.

anyway I have printed out the pictures from lasts piosonings we should be going to the vets tomorow ( if there open ) to get şaşkınis jabs done and we'll ask them what we can do ..

Thanks everyone x

Guz1

MORE Poisonings
What a lovely post Natalie - shows how caring you are. Your parents must be very proud of you.

I similed when you mentioned old wives tales, not because of the detail but because it reminded me of my childhood here in Ireland. In those days there were "cures" for just about everything, although I never heard of one as disgusting or cruel as inflicting pain on an animal. I have a vague memory of warts being the most popular focus for the old wives "cures" - something do do with a rasher being tied with a piece of string and buried at the crossroads by the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter (seriously!). So don't be too hard on the old wives in Turkey......most of the "cures" will die out with them.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
MORE Poisonings
The old wives tale I have heard, often, from Turks is the one about fur being a killer. I have been reliably informed it gets inside you and causes either a blockage or cancer of the liver. Well, that's me done for! -I have had moulting pets all my life, gooodbye cruel world.....

Natalie

MORE Poisonings
The old wives tale I have heard, often, from Turks is the one about fur being a killer. I have been reliably informed it gets inside you and causes either a blockage or cancer of the liver. Well, that's me done for! -I have had moulting pets all my life, gooodbye cruel world.....

Yeh , I don't get that one. My uncle in Sinop had to go to the hospital because he had a blockage or something from fur. They have a hunting dog chained up outside ( they live in appartments ) she has a kennel and is fed whatever scrap from last nights food. When we went and visted them I spent all my time with her, she was shy at first but after a few days she really trusted me and I found some old rope and walked her to the beach, but when you stroked her she was filthy your hand would go black and she is a tan/white short haired pionter! They all said dont cuddle her and stuff like that otherwise the fur with go into your throat and get stuck but then mom said, we have had Jasper for 2 years and he sleeps next to her on her bed everynight, and I am fine! ..

Bibby

Ferretbrain
MORE Poisonings
Yeh , I don't get that one. My uncle in Sinop had to go to the hospital because he had a blockage or something from fur. They have a hunting dog chained up outside ( they live in appartments ) she has a kennel and is fed whatever scrap from last nights food. When we went and visted them I spent all my time with her, she was shy at first but after a few days she really trusted me and I found some old rope and walked her to the beach, but when you stroked her she was filthy your hand would go black and she is a tan/white short haired pionter! They all said dont cuddle her and stuff like that otherwise the fur with go into your throat and get stuck but then mom said, we have had Jasper for 2 years and he sleeps next to her on her bed everynight, and I am fine! ..

So far..... ;) LOL!

No, seriously, surely the medical profession here isn't trained that fur causes blockages! But, I have heard that before (I mean I have heard from someone that a doctor said it had caused a blockage). I wonder if the doctors actually DO say there is a blockage, or if the patient, or family assume such. I slept with my cat for 8 years and have slept with my little dogs for, oo-er, ...10 years. I have had pets all myy life. So, in Turkish terms, I am a walking miracle.

It does make me wonder if it makes it easier for them to treat animals badly if they can see them as a danger.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
MORE Poisonings
Natalie - as I have said in previous posts of yours DO NOT get upset ! Martin was genuinely being nice - I understand what he meant about your writing as though you are speaking face to face
As you know I care about the animal welfare here in Turkey - I do my best to help the street animals of Yalikavak - unfortunately our council DOES NOT !! and it is left mainly to me and a few others to raise money for the neauturing and food etc.
As we are now open I have started my book swap and during the season will have several events to raise more money - 2008 I raised 1000 tl - hopefully more in 2009

:438qr:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom