Christelle

Moonlight houses Koyunbaba
Hello
We have booked an apartment at Moonlight Houses Koyunbaba, but I am unsure exactly where they are. Could anyone help please. We will be staying for three weeks in August and don't like to drive, so if anyone could tell me if we will be in walking distance of a beach, restaurants, a supermarket or a dolmus stop it would really be appreciated. Also, how easy will it be to get back there in the evening if we eat in Yalikavak, Gumusluk or Turgutreis? Would we be able to get back from Geris at night?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions. I have done some research but I am struggling as I am not exactly sure of our location. Thank you in advance.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Moonlight Apartments.

Golenye Mah. Turgut Reis Cad. No. 8, Icmeler, Turkey

If this is the correct one, then you can follow and find the location from the address and the map on Tripadvisor.

Moonlight Apartments (Icmeler, Turkey) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Apparently this is not the correct link, but will leave it here, basically so that a later post from ChristineP still makes sense.

Last edited:

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
You should ask your booking agent for a map and directions.
Have you the full address?

Cliffb

From Moonlight Houses you can walk to the bus stop in about 10 minutes (coming back may be a bit longer as it will be all up hill).At the bus stop you will be able to easily catch buses (about every 15 to 20 minutes) to Gumusluk, Turgutreis and Bodrum. Yalikavak is a little bit harder to get to by bus and I think the service is every 1-2 hours. Also by the bus stop is a reasonably large Migros Supermarket, bakery and Restaurant. The local council beach is about a 15 minute walk but there are much better beaches to be had in the surrounding resorts.
If you were going to Geris you would probably have to book a taxi to get there and back.
There are not many places to eat within walking distance but you would be able to perhaps find three or four. Gumusluk would be the nearest place with plenty of choices and you could walk there during daylight hours in about 30- 40 minutes along the beach and then catch a bus back.

Last edited:

D&A

If its the moonlight i know its up the hill above migros. I hope your OK walking up and down hills in the Heat of August?? gumusluk and turgutreis is fairly easy to get to via bus. But again in August the buses get so hot, if i were you i would want a car or scooter for sure.

429nufc

The bus that CliffD refers to is one that runs hourly from Turgutreis to Gundogan . However if you don't mind messing about all the Dolmus's heading in Yalikavak direction stop at the terminus further on and turn around. You can get off there and pick up a Yalikavak going Dolmus which also stop there and turn round.

evo80

From Moonlight Houses you can walk to the bus stop in about 10 minutes (coming back may be a bit longer as it will be all up hill).At the bus stop you will be able to easily catch buses (about every 15 to 20 minutes) to Gumusluk, Turgutreis and Bodrum. Yalikavak is a little bit harder to get to by bus and I think the service is every 1-2 hours. Also by the bus stop is a reasonably large Migros Supermarket, bakery and Restaurant. The local council beach is about a 15 minute walk but there are much better beaches to be had in the surrounding resorts.
If you were going to Geris you would probably have to book a taxi to get there and back.
There are not many places to eat within walking distance but you would be able to perhaps find three or four. Gumusluk would be the nearest place with plenty of choices and you could walk there during daylight hours in about 30- 40 minutes along the beach and then catch a bus back.

There is a first class restaurant above Migros .

429nufc

Evo80 is correct - the restaurant above Migros is very good & he'll run you home if you ask - but if it's the same car he had last time I went you maybe won't bother.

The bakery next door is also very good

evo80

Evo80 is correct - the restaurant above Migros is very good & he'll run you home if you ask - but if it's the same car he had last time I went you maybe won't bother.

The bakery next door is also very good

& the little hardware shop is a god send.

Christelle

Thank you so much for the information, it is really appreciated. How much would a taxi be to/from Yalikavak and Gumusluk?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom