akbukcyd

Monthly Veterinary Clinic
I have been speaking to my vet who lives in Soke and she would be delighted to run a 'once a month' veterinary clinic here in Akbuk for routine innoculations, consultations, etc. If she is able to find somewhere to do operations, she will do these as well. This has to be good for the area as the nearest vet is in Altinkum and it is not always easy to transport animals to and fro.

Also she can spray houses and gardens which rid of the mozzies and other
bugs which lurk in the summer in our houses.

If anyone is interested or thinks this is a good idea for the area can you please give me some imput so if enough numbers I can arrange perhaps for the clinic to start some time in June.

maggie

Yes Cyd think its a brill idea.

As you say its a bit difficult to cart your pussy on the bus to Tinky!!!!(Yes I know there will be a few wise cracks about that one.)!!!!!!

Hugs Maggie xxxx

Tess

:roundgrin That sounds like a fab idea for you guys living in Akbuk :roundgrin

:roundgrin Maggie, as much as I sympathise with your pussy, I'll leave the wise cracks to someone else, it is tempting tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roundgrin

Getting the house sprayed for summer sounds a good idea, for the little visitors that call then!!

maggie

My pussies would like a vet in Akbuk please.:77wu:

Does this spraying off the house cover you for the whole season.??

Hugs Maggie xxx

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
If you can buy Novantop you can spray the house But it wont last all season I think i.ve seen it . in Daisy vets or the visiting vet can provide you with it . Dont forget Heartworm & Lungworm Vacs caught from ticks and Mosquitoes . Sorry i dont HAVE a pussy ???????? Wonderful Idea

akbukcyd

Hi Maggs,

I had my house sprayed last year and it lasted the whole season, the poor little buggers falling everywhere!!!!!

Will keep everyone posted on the veterinary clinic which hopefully will start at the beginning of June.

Guz1

I would be interested in having my house sprayed.

Would they come to Guzelcamli, which is closer to Soke than Altinkum?
How much does it cost?
Would it be possible to have the house sprayed before my June visit to Turkey?

maggie

Is this spray okay if you have pets.?????

As you know I have pussies.

Some of the sinek sprays you buy in the shops say dont spray near animals.

Our sitesi actually gets sprayed July, August time, but the little blighters are out in action allready.

Just counting my bites about 10 I think.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
I am also curious about the spraying of houses. What do they srap and how does it stay in the house for long enough. Does it coat surfaces or stay in the air?

I would be concerned not only for myself but for my pets if it is strong enough to stay in the atmosphere that long and still kill the mozzies.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
P.S
Is there any reason why you use a vet in Soke when Altinkum is so close?

Maybe this vet could negotiate with the Mayor of Akbuk to do a neuter and release scheme in Akbuk for Akbuk Street dogs also since there is no scheme in place there.......which there should be

akbukcyd

Firstly I will deal with the question of why I dont use the vets in Altinkum. The reason for this is that I live in Akbuk and to transport my daschund, one street dog and my siamese cat is a bit of a hassle and the vet comes to my house where my animals are quite happy and stress free. It costs no extra for me than if I have to journey to Altinkum. This vet will come to your house within the Akbuk area and I will put some innoculation prices on the Forum as soon as I have them.

As for the spraying, the same vet did my house last year, the spray is safe with animals but you are now allowed to wash your windows or balconies until a week after the spraying. I am not sure how much the spraying is but will post it on here after the 18th as I am in the UK till then. If anyone is interested then, they can pm me their address and I will arrange for her to come and spray. It was also very effective.

We could do with a neutering service here in Akbuk and my vet would be quite happy to carry out the operations but as she said she needs a table!!
Any offers?

maggie

Cyd,

What sort of a table are we talking about here???
Maybe here in Akbuk we could do some sort of fundraising to get one.

There are enough people here in Akbuk with pets who have to make the trip to Tinky if they need a vet.
To have one in Akbuk would be fantastic.

Please keep us informed.

Hugs Maggie xxx

akbukcyd

I am not sure what sort of table!!!!! But it is a good idea to raise money for a veterinary facility here in Akbuk. She obviously would need a sterile room and some pens for the animals to recover. How about starting the fundraising Mags??????? You said you were bored!

maggie

Right okay you Akbuk pet owners as you can see Cyd is trying to arrange for a vet to visit Akbuk and set up a monthly clinic.

I think this is a fab idea.
Are there any of you out there that could think of a premises we could use or someone or somewhere we could set up some holding pens when the animals have been operated on.

Any of you bars or resturants do you fancy holding a Charity night,disco,sponsored swim anything you can think of to raise some money to try and get this up and running in Akbuk.

I would appreciate any offers of help, ideas ,or anything that can kick start this project.

Hugs Maggie xxx

guinevere

way to go maggie ! as you know i don't live there all the time and i wanted to do something so i sort of " sponsor " a dog ,i buy the food ,flea & worm stuff when i am over .it's just something i can do from a distance ,but i would be more than happy to help you out when i am over maggie .

maggie

Thank you Caroline I know your doing your bit to help Daisy.!!!!

I think I may have a wee wander tommorrow and see what I might be able to find out or of anybody willing to host a charity event to raise some money towards this project.

Cyd can you ask your vet how much one of these operating tables might cost please.

I dont suppose any old kitchen table would do.!!!!
Hugs Maggie xxx

Would it be worth asking the Mayor if the belediye have any property they would make available and in return,you will fund-raise some of the money to refurbish it,along with the vet,who no doubt could get some financial assistance from them for her services?
Sounds a great idea..............hope you manage to pull it off
Good luck

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Hi i think this is a terrific thing your doing for the animals And thier owners . I have looked on a site = Alibaba.com its has operateing tables . But not the prices . I noticed one table in Istanbul It seems to be an international site . i.ve had only 5 internet lessons and i.m typeing this with one finger !!! . So maybe you can take a look at this site . I hope this is of some help to you . In UK i rehome dogs and have car boot sales for the local dogs home . Another is a raffle at a willing restraunt drawn once a week the dogs benifit so dose the restraunt when the customers return for the draw . Good Luck and god bless you

Latest Posts

Top Bottom