Mushroom

Monkey Pox 2022
As it is becoming increasingly obvious that this pox is going to be getting some headlines from now on, the thread has been created as it was previously incorporated in the UK Cost of Living thread, which would not be appropriate.

Monkey Pox 2022
I have seen that people who have been in contact with someone with monkey pox will have to isolate for 21 days.
I don't think that working people in the UK will be able to afford to do that

juco

Monkey Pox 2022
Monkeypox now declared a world health emergency, Believe what you like and queue up for your vaccines and boosters but they can shove any coming restrictions where the sun don't shine as far as I am concerned

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Monkey Pox 2022
Monkeypox now declared a world health emergency, Believe what you like and queue up for your vaccines and boosters but they can shove any coming restrictions where the sun don't shine as far as I am concerned
Then you will 'eat' the ceza. Afiyet olsun

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Monkey Pox 2022
Two deaths from monkey pox have been reported. Spain and Brazil.

Maisie
Watch a professor talking about the monkey pox the other day, she said its not another covid never will be. Its the same family as chicken pox, us older ones have most likely been vaccinated so will have some degree of protection it's the younger generation that is the problem. She also said it infection travels by contact not by air so it will never become an epidemic.

Mushroom

Monkey Pox 2022
It would appear that it CAN be spread airborne but not as easily as COVID. It can be spread by contact and it can be spread by being left on surfaces that are touched by an infected person but believed only if the infected person has developed a rash.
Local news is getting a bit concerned as it is Leeds Pride this weekend and vaccination rates are not high.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Monkey Pox 2022
It would appear that it CAN be spread airborne but not as easily as COVID. It can be spread by contact and it can be spread by being left on surfaces that are touched by an infected person but believed only if the infected person has developed a rash.
Local news is getting a bit concerned as it is Leeds Pride this weekend and vaccination rates are not high.
If that's the case some one is causing panic or someone is telling lies. After watching the lady in America.

Mushroom

Monkey Pox 2022
If that's the case some one is causing panic or someone is telling lies. After watching the lady in America.
I couldn't say either way but I don't always take the word of a sole 'expert'. I prefer a collective opinion of experts and possibly multi nation.

B&B

Monkey Pox 2022
Folks latest figures show it's mostly in gay world as a std. Now they are looking at a link with PEV a HIV prevention medicine and the vax. Time will tell and by then we all move on to the next big thing and conveniently forget as we always do. Stock up on pop corn.

Monkey Pox 2022
Are they worried about monkeys taking to the streets in protest?

Mushroom

Monkey Pox 2022
Today it's the Pride Monkeypox festival in Wakefield, so no doubt the numbers will be shooting up in the area afterwards.
The organisers are saying that anyone with symptoms should give it a miss, but it's a sunny hot day and the festival is once a year, so I can't see as anyone will be taking any notice.
The organisers were also arranging for vaccinations to be freely available, but they have run out !

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Monkey Pox 2022
Today it's the Pride Monkeypox festival in Wakefield, so no doubt the numbers will be shooting up in the area afterwards.
The organisers are saying that anyone with symptoms should give it a miss, but it's a sunny hot day and the festival is once a year, so I can't see as anyone will be taking any notice.
The organisers were also arranging for vaccinations to be freely available, but they have run out !
Is there an entry gate? They should look for symptoms on hands on entry no check no entry I know its long winded better that than closing festivals down.

Kanga

Monkey Pox 2022
All schools should be demanding a valid vaccination certificate as a condition of entry for the autumn term.

Mushroom

Monkey Pox 2022
I took the legal daughter to catch a train in Wakey this afternoon and passed the car park where the pride festival is being held.
A nominal crowd was present but I do have to ask why the LGBT+ bunch all wish to look the same if diversity and inclusion is their aim to promote. They aren't diverse when every lesbian present is vastly over weight, has piercings, tattoos and shaved heads?
As for inclusion - if no one other than a lesbian wants to look like that, how does that work?
By sheer chance, when I got back home our two male gay neighbours were walking by.
They really are perfect neighbours.
No noisy incidents, they always say hello and will happily take a parcel in for us.
In our brief exchange, I asked if they were visiting the festival today and their response was that they were happy with their lives, didn't need to celebrate or protest being who they are and in 2022 would rather live a quiet life with everybody else.
No mention of diversity. Plenty of inclusion?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom