money transfer uk
With a Nationwide Flexaccount it is FREE at the moment.From the 1st June it is 0.84% of the amount transferred.From the 1st July it is going to be 1% of the amount transferred

muffinminx

money transfer uk
Halifax charges £9 and Ish bank when it gets here 47 ytl.... I now take it out with my cash card for £1.50 and pay the cash in to Ish....xxx

Akasya

Postless Pointer
money transfer uk
With a Nationwide Flexaccount it is FREE at the moment.From the 1st June it is 0.84% of the amount transferred.From the 1st July it is going to be 1% of the amount transferred

Can you post a link to this please Sweetnighter, i have been charged about £30 a time in the UK by Nationwide, then about £25 in Turkey by Finansbank. I will ask the Nationwide for my dosh back.
Thanks, Steve.

Tess

money transfer uk
I have always been charged 25pounds, don't know if anything taken out in Turkey, at least the recipient of the money never said anything taken from amount I was sending!!
(bank of Ireland) Sharon x

money transfer uk

I have just checked on the Nationwide website and Turkey will continue to be a country where money transfers are FREE!............Sorry.

money transfer uk
Can you post a link to this please Sweetnighter, i have been charged about £30 a time in the UK by Nationwide, then about £25 in Turkey by Finansbank. I will ask the Nationwide for my dosh back.
Thanks, Steve.

Hi,check there website "nationwide.co.uk/foreigntransactions".Sorry can not do "links" yet.

Sarahlou

money transfer uk
Costs £25 with my bank for a standard transfer, £30 for express transfer, First Trust Bank in N Ireland.

Tavey

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
money transfer uk
Any time i have transfered money to Turkey i have always been charged £20 and that is through Nationwide.

Jeannie

Tess

money transfer uk
Ahh Tavey, that's good to know, I didn't know you could have an express transfer, sometimes it takes quite a few days to arrive. Thanks for that!!

Maisie

money transfer uk
Have made several transfers from UK to Turkey, sterling account to sterling account. Barclays charge £20.00 and it takes about four days. Nationwide also charges £20.00. Once arrived same day! However, be careful. Tick the box to say that the recipient will pay additional charges. Otherwise Nationwide will make a further charge saying that it is the amount charged at the receiving bank. We tried to get evidence of this charge, but Nationwide didn't want to know. Was assured at receiving bank that no charge was made, but Nationwide insisted it was! We gave up asking for copies of the "invoice" from receiving bank, we were getting nowhere. So now, always tick the box to make sure Nationwide do not get any extra money. Maisie

money transfer uk
If you have a Halifax/HBOS internet account you can do it online for £9.50 - the cheapest I have ever seen.

money transfer uk
I am getting things wrong here and apologize.For using a Nationwide "Flexaccount" debit card to withdraw money in Turkey there is NO CHARGE.For IBAN transfers of monies THERE IS A CHARGE.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
money transfer uk
The majority of financial institutions in the UK can use the SWIFT (Society for World-wide Interbank Financial Telecommunications) service to transfer money to other institutions around the world, including Turkey.

Here's a link to a webpage explaining how the SWIFT system works.

Swift money transfer

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom