Howell's

Money Saving Device
you do pay for tv licence with your electris bill but its only a few pence.
Your right everything is cheaper than the UK.
My only concern is everything seems to be going up here so not sure how long it will be before the price catches up with UK

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Money Saving Device
Re: Tourist Visa.

yes the visa is dear, i have a 3 year one and it cost 1596 tl last year . but it swing,s and round abouts . the council tax over here is a fraction than the uk ,also gas water and electric is also cheaper ,and also no tv licence to buy. and i would rather get a residency visa then go to kos every 3 months enough said
I'm sorry but I don't think water and electric are cheap, my last electric bill was 114TL for the month, this is on a par with what we were paing in the UK, and we don't get a lot for it,we dont use the Aircon for heating so it's just for general use.Water is cheap but you can't drink it so we are paying 20TL a month for drinking water on top of the water bill about 60 TL a month. Sorry this is a bit of thread.

Money Saving Device

Get yourself one of the electric units that connects to your electric box and see your electric bills drop big time .. They sell at Migros for 179 ytl and are leagal if you have a buisness on 3 phase it will drop your electric bill by 40%

Howell's

Money Saving Device

Get yourself one of the electric units that connects to your electric box and see your electric bills drop big time .. They sell at Migros for 179 ytl and are leagal if you have a buisness on 3 phase it will drop your electric bill by 40%

How does it work then. :confused:

kernowians

Money Saving Device
So, these are only legal if used by a business, not in a home. That's my understanding, is that right, or am I being thick?

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Money Saving Device
Hey Denise have looked at this gadget but now sure how to fix it seems to us that an electrician is needed, any advice.

Money Saving Device
They are a regulated and they are totally leagal , what they do regulate the amount of electric you use on your applainces , most times the appliances are using more electric than needed You save on a average of 30 to 40%.
A cable is conected to your fuse box and a electric box is placed alongside the fuse box and this unit just plugs in
Hope I have helped

gerald

Money Saving Device
It would be interesting to see if anybody has done any meaningful measurements with these devices in Turkey. Anybody who has studied electric stuff will have thought about the difference between real and apparent power and how it would be an easy route to becoming a millionaire, funny that they don't bother.....

In theory it is possible for these to work in some installations,(those without proper pf correction) and these conditions may exist in Turkish domestic circuits, I doubt it but I don't really know the answer to that.

For another view on such products read an aussie reportElectricity Saver Electricity Saver

Last edited:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Money Saving Device
Interesting link gerald.

When a distributor stops stocking a product because they're not happy about the claims made by its manufacturer it certainly makes you think that there could be something not quite right with it.

Money Saving Device
We have just had one fitted a very simple wiring procedure. The biggest problem we had on the installation was the way the original electricians wire up the fuse box. It seems that they all do it differently

They are called ecopower.The box is about 10x12 inchs and is fitted next to the fuse box inside the house.

We bought ours from Sungroup offices on the Günlükbaşı road just past the Petrol Ofisi garage when traveling away from Fethiye(they have advertised in the Land of Lights)

I do not ,as yet ,have any results to compare power use it will take a few months to assess the results against las t year's bills. I do not fully understand how they work but the saving is made on appliances which have a motor.

Something to do with capacitors. There is some info on the internet about them and it seemed like a good idea. Only time will tell

gerald

Money Saving Device
OK, I don't like to preach so maybe I was a little subtle before, this is my opinion:

Do you believe those adverts that provide loads of evidence that you can add inches to your middle leg? They have years of medical data, convincing testimonials and real before and after pictures.

Of course they are a scam, but people still pay good money for the products based on hope and ignorance.

So we all hope to save money and many are ignorant of electric stuff, then heres my top tip, don't buy one of these devices. The evidence for them is based on power factor correction, this is a real effect that can be measured and does need to be taken into consideration when designing electrical installations, especially industrial installations.

However domestic installations are billed in kW and do not have an additional power factor element added to their bill. Industrial installations add very expensive equipment to reduce the power factor effect, and may have a pf element added to their bill.

Making comparisons between bills sounds a good way to validate them, but there really are too many variables to give meaningful results. If these devices really save 40%, you should see an immediate effect on your meter, even 10% should be noticeable by eye.

So unless you are being billed a power correction factor these devices are of no use to you, indeed because of how they work they may well actually increase your bill (albeit insignificantly so).

I don't believe my daily horoscope either.

Save money, its good for your wealth!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom