pilch50

Mites in the 'Roof Space'
Hi

Can anyone diagnose what we have in our roof space. We found saw dust on the floor with flaking wood on one of the beams in the roof space. We managed to see a spider looking thing which moved quickly before we could establish what it was.

Regards

CJD

Pilch did you check to see if there were any holes? can you hear them
when its quiet. If you can find the holes spray with raid extra using the
plastic straw that comes with it. Your local Belidye may have a fumigation
service for a small charge.
try putting woodworm into the search facility

Last edited:

dalyansteve

Napalm is the answer!!!!
Sorry it is probably woodworm, like deathwatch beatle or similar or ant like things like termites.
I would be very pleased to get a sensible answer.

CJD

What more sensible than Napalm is the answer!!

The raid extra has worked for a friend of mine who had the problem
and I am trying it at the moment in my log cabin in Koycegiz. I have
been told that the Belidye can help ...sorry if this is not sensible
enough for you Steve
:kafa:

pilch50

Thanks for the info. Hubby says not wood worm no holes. He saw a little black lookinf spidwer/mite. Will get intouch with the builder apartment is still under guarantee.

regards

geordie_nev

If its termites (know as kurts in Turkish) then we have the same thing in our roof. If it is the same thing then we found fumigating fairly in-effective and no real long term solution as the spray will not kill off their eggs.

There are plenty of pest control companies that will do the fumigation but if all the affected areas aren’t completely accessible then I think fumigation won’t cure the problem, certainly not in our experience anyway.

My advice would be to get a good carpenter to take a look.

There was a thread on the subject a few months back.

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/diy-helpdesk/19810-death-watch-beetle-2.html#post207700

carolk

R.I.P
Napalm is the answer!!!!
Sorry it is probably woodworm, like deathwatch beatle or similar or ant like things like termites.
I would be very pleased to get a sensible answer.

Whats the matter with you tonight Steve?? Your just telling us all to blow our places up.:p

easylife

Termites are known as :- 1. termit
2. divik
3. beyaz karınca
Kurt is a general name for worms or bugs

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
......kurt is also the name for 'wolf' - sorry just made me laugh, imagining the look on someones face when you tell him you have 'wolves in your roof space' :lol:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I saw an infestation of Carpenter Ants recently. On the outside there was not much eveidence except for some wood dust but as soon as you poked the wood there was no substance to it - just a shell with the inside eaten away. If you have those you need to remove the wood, not treat it.
Ian

chelsea boy

Dun Goat Herding!
they probably aren't termites. They are like a white grub that eats through the wood... best to get rid of the wood if possible.... like Nev says, spraying doesn't necessarily get rid of the problem

dalyansteve

Sorry for my inapropriate use of the term napalm. I am just a little bit fed up with all the unwanted critters we seem to get. Had the whole roof replaced about 8 years ago, with wood" the insects do not like"!! Guess what, they do. I have been using raid products for years and either it is working or there is no wood left to eat as we seem to have fewer sightings.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom