pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Missing Sunny Seasider
Well i'm missing Sunny Seasider . Spoke to her yesterday . Shes in rehab gone cold turkey ! missing her fix of TLF . .... Yep her computers gone wrong and she's most upset . Shes always takeing a peek at whats going on . She is addicted so am i . What would you do if you suddenly lost dozens of friends in one fell click of a mouse . ??? Hope she gets back to us soon .
Diane.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Missing Sunny Seasider
Yes I know what you mean, the screen on my laptop was playing up and it took me ages to get a picture. I used to get so annoyed with the b......y thing. Depriving me from my friends and news. Access at work is restricted , nopersonal mail, no forums no facebook!!. So I had to go out and treat myself to a new laptop .

My husband is always maoning a t the little box on my lap that I talk to more than him, well so he says !!!

He just doesn't understand.

He thinks he's a laptop widow !!!!!!

Look forward to you joining us again Sunny Seasider.

Take care

Eve

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Missing Sunny Seasider
Missing your postings Lesley.l blame harry the hedgehog for interfering with your computer,by installing a virus in your computer,called hedgehog flu.
Harry wanted to start another conspiracy.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Missing Sunny Seasider
OMG, I've got my hard drive sorted, it just went blank on Monday, I did everything, recovery, drive utilities, boring stuff, but the damn thing wasn't having it. I managed to find a mobile fixer and off he took it, thank god he's managed to retrieve and fix a problem corrupt in the driver. I cannot believe how I would miss this box soooo much, no e mails, I need to book flights, no banking, no paying bills on line, and worst of all no TLF!!!.

I'm so happy now. We rely so much on them, I never thought that I would, fortunately I've not lost anythng, but now I am going to back up all my files, as I have been very naive and could have lost all my personal files etc.

A big Thank You.

Lesley
xx

:20: :28:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Missing Sunny Seasider
Oh I can sympathise. It is awful when the box which contains all your friends suddenly won't open!!

Awww thanks, it was just an inconvenience and frustrating. More importantly, how are you feeling today, hope little Yoda has continued to recover now.

Lesley
x

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Missing Sunny Seasider
Welcome back LOL - I know what it"s like to be without PC - if only for 1 day ! :boohoo:

Missing Sunny Seasider
Welcome back. It's strange how we have all come to rely or semi rely on the computer for all kind of things. I think its great that so many elderly folk who have no idea about computers are now having free lessons and going to libaries etc to use them, it opens up a whole new world for them. Imagine if you are housebound and elderly you can keep in touch with friends and family and see photos of them and learn about things you'd always wanted to learn about.
So for all those people who think that the computer stops people talking or writing to each other should think again as for some hitting the keys is easier than holding a pen. (plus it's easy to change words and you don't have to cross out)

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Missing Sunny Seasider
Pleased to see you back SS, have you considered running a " live distro " from a usb stick. If you sort the boot order, it runs on top of Windows, without affecting it. All Linux live distro's will get you on the internet, e mail etc within minutes. They are free. Very handy for an emergency whilst you are waitin for a fix to happen.

Steve.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Missing Sunny Seasider
Pleased to see you back SS, have you considered running a " live distro " from a usb stick. If you sort the boot order, it runs on top of Windows, without affecting it. All Linux live distro's will get you on the internet, e mail etc within minutes. They are free. Very handy for an emergency whilst you are waitin for a fix to happen.

Steve.

Thank you Steve, is that easy to set up. I've now got my USB in and all my files and folders are saved onto it. I've been lucky and not lost anything, but should have know better, as I just didn't consider that it would happen. I'm glad to be back.

Lesley

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Missing Sunny Seasider
Thanks SS , youve just made me realise where my old photo 's are - on the uSB stick.
Thanks i was cussing myself for losing them on the old laptop.!!!

eve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom