Kanga

Missing features
Am I alone in finding it irritating that the thread title has been removed from the individual posts?
or,
is it just anno domini catching up with me and everyone else is happy with the lack of title?

agree about the 'well-known member'. . . what's wrong with 'member since . . . . (date)?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Missing features
Am I alone in finding it irritating that the thread title has been removed from the individual posts?
or,
is it just anno domini catching up with me and everyone else is happy with the lack of title?

agree about the 'well-known member'. . . what's wrong with 'member since . . . . (date)?
In the words of David Bowie 'you are not alone'

djbaxter

Missing features
Much of the new usability that we had over the New Year has gone. Eg opening a 'new post' and then being able to see another new post without going back to the home page. Seeing who has posted a new post without opening (there are those members for whom I would not waste a click)
Most of those features I will try to bring back as they are reported. I'm still working primarily on the new custom theme whereas I believe most of you are just working with the Xenforo stock theme which won't have some of the features in the custom theme.

We are going to do our best to make sure you don't lose any features you want or need. I'm working on it every day and with a bit of look we'll soon be able to give you the custom theme and go from there.

I understand that it can be frustrating and we appreciate your patience while we get the site fully online again. Once you get used to the new software, you will find it's easy to use, has more features than the old vBulletin software, it much more secure, and substantially faster, :)

ted j

Missing features
Glad you got rid of the vBulletin software
I joined their forum to ask a question and boy are they condescending buggers
I tried logging back on a few days later to see if anyone had answered my question only to find my password was "wrong"

djbaxter

Missing features
Glad you got rid of the vBulletin software
I joined their forum to ask a question and boy are they condescending buggers
I tried logging back on a few days later to see if anyone had answered my question only to find my password was "wrong"
Yes. It's like crickets in there these days.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Missing features
When we have opened a thread and are reading a post with the idea of replying to it, or adding a comment, we cannot see the title of the thread ( so we are not sure if we should post on this thread or another one), can this be sorted please? We need to be able to see the thread title without having to scroll up to the top of the page.

djbaxter

Missing features
At least one other member has made the same suggestion. I will be working on a fix for this but it is not a feature that is part of the core Xenforo software so it may take a while.

Thank you for your patience while we sort things out.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Missing features
When we have opened a thread and are reading a post with the idea of replying to it, or adding a comment, we cannot see the title of the thread ( so we are not sure if we should post on this thread or another one), can this be sorted please? We need to be able to see the thread title without having to scroll up to the top of the page.
Looks like it'll require a template edit.......

Taken from this

You can add {$thread.title} to the post template and play around it with it until you get it styled/placed how you want it.

djbaxter

Missing features
Looks like it'll require a template edit.......

Taken from this

You can add {$thread.title} to the post template and play around it with it until you get it styled/placed how you want it.
Exactly. I have just been busy with other issues but that's exactly what is required. There are a few ways to implement it, though; I'll figure out which one is best when I get to it.

Thank you for the link. That thread was for Xenforo 1.5.x and we are running version 2.2.x, which was a substantial rewrite of the software. However, the basic principles still apply. :)

djbaxter

Missing features
or,

This has now been fixed.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Missing features
I switched to the Xenforo 2 default style which seems works great.

Are the other Styles/Themes going to give us more than the default?

I think the previous forum gave the thread title in the post reply box which made it easier to know what thread you were replying on, which I think is what IbrahimAbi is talking about.

enoch

Missing features
Jokes post rude not racist keeps moving, and when it's there I have to scroll through page by page to get to the last joke

TLF Admin

Administrator
Missing features
Jokes post rude not racist keeps moving, and when it's there I have to scroll through page by page to get to the last joke
You should be able to click jump t new post from the top navigation buttons.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Missing features
I miss the members ‘Gallery’ section where we can post pics, videos etc.

IMO a great sharing section where other members become real people rather than just cyberspace objects.

Are there plans to reinstate?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom