Minimum Wage 2009
İan its a little more than your figures ..the article gave the following figures..i still dont know how a family can manage if this is all they get....this is the bread line.

Accordingly, the gross minimum wage for a worker over 16 years old will increase to TL 693 monthly from its current level of TL 666. In net numbers, excluding taxes, the wage will rise to TL 546.48 from TL 527.13.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Minimum Wage 2009
I think that is what I put, but here is the quote:

"Accordingly, the gross minimum wage for a worker over 16 years old will increase to TL 693 monthly from its current level of TL 666. In net numbers, excluding taxes, the wage will rise to TL 546.48 from TL 527.13.

For workers younger than 16, the minimum wage will increase only 4 percent, from TL 567 to 589.5 in gross terms and from TL 456.21 to TL 472.32 in net figures."

Ian

Minimum Wage 2009
i think its that do diddy do diddy do thats getting to us İan ...im afraid to read your signature in case it starts me off again hah

jearden

Minimum Wage 2009
I'm interested in relating these minimum wage figures to site management quotes I have for the coming year. The article goes on to give a total Employers cost for over 16's
so my interpretation would be:
Net wage = 546.48 TL
Employees tax and insurance (SSK) = 146.52 TL
Gross wage = 693 TL
Employers contribution (SSK) = 148.99 TL
Total Employers cost = 841.99 TL

Would some knowledgeable person care to confirm or correct.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Minimum Wage 2009
I think you are reading that correctly, but unless they itemise the costs separately you might also have additional costs associated with keeping staff - uniform, equipment etc. in your charges.

Also, this is minimum wage, so they shouldn't pay less, but may pay more.

Ian

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Minimum Wage 2009
By way of comparison, I was reading in today's paper that the Chief of Police for Istanbul gets 3500TL a month before tax (probably around 2000TL after tax).

Ian

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Minimum Wage 2009
I know what certain people earn over here and it can be extremely shocking but i am surprised that the chief of police earns just 2000tl per month. But i suppose we have to put it all in perspective.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Minimum Wage 2009
I know what certain people earn over here and it can be extremely shocking but i am surprised that the chief of police earns just 2000tl per month. But i suppose we have to put it all in perspective.

2000 TL a month from the government you mean.....lest we forget the other ways incomes can be supplemented for people of authority, especially here in Turkey

Biker Bob

Minimum Wage 2009
i think its insulting to believe that all policemen are on the take. My husbands older bother is a Police Commissioner..at present seconded to Germany. He has never bribed nor taken a bribe, and is not alone in his attitude. Yusufs younger brother is a normal policeman in Marmaris and again abhors the attitude that foreigners have, that all police officials are corrupt.
There are corrupt officials in every society but i feel that the wink wink nudge nudge hints about Turkish police are over the top.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Minimum Wage 2009
i think its insulting to believe that all policemen are on the take. My husbands older bother is a Police Commissioner..at present seconded to Germany. He has never bribed nor taken a bribe, and is not alone in his attitude. Yusufs younger brother is a normal policeman in Marmaris and again abhors the attitude that foreigners have, that all police officials are corrupt.
There are corrupt officials in every society but i feel that the wink wink nudge nudge hints about Turkish police are over the top.

Shirley just because you have to relatives that say they have never taken a backhand please don't think it's not uncommon for it to happen. I didn't make any hints that there are many corrupt police officers, I said it straight and true. I knoiw a chief of ploice that has told me many stories plus and have seen it first hand. I am really glad your relatives are honest. Many officers not only take backhanders but break basic laws themselves.

Biker Bob

alison09400

Minimum Wage 2009
One of my sister-in-laws works for a Cinema chain and she earns the minimum wage.....she tells me she gets around 540tl per month plus her SSK health insurance.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Minimum Wage 2009
Hard to believe people live on that. What I find even harder to believe is how so many have cars or even more so houses, especially with how they charge so much for credit here and that conventional mortages like we are used to have not been here.

Biker Bob

alison09400

Minimum Wage 2009
Hard to believe people live on that. What I find even harder to believe is how so many have cars or even more so houses, especially with how they charge so much for credit here and that conventional mortages like we are used to have not been here.

Biker Bob

I dont think the people who earn the minimum wage would be able to own their own homes, although the Government is building a lot of TOKI properties which let the person pay as little as what they were paying in rent per month, so hopefully that will help a lot of people. A lot of people live on their credit cards and use their wages to pay the minimum payment each month.

aysel

Minimum Wage 2009
My brother is a chief police officer and there are many like my brother who are honest.It is always wrong and not nice to blame all the police in Turkey.We have a saying ''there are always a few rotten apples in a basket'' .

Minimum Wage 2009
There's good and bad in every job...and living on approx £300 per month in a society getting progressively more modern is no mean feat. I do not in any way condone corruption (and if we are honest we have all heard stories about dubious officialdom) but can easily see how some could be persuaded to the dark side...just a thought.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Minimum Wage 2009
My brother is a chief police officer and there are many like my brother who are honest.It is always wrong and not nice to blame all the police in Turkey.We have a saying ''there are always a few rotten apples in a basket'' .

I agree there are many that are honest....but there are a considerable number that are not. Try to bribe an RCMP in Canada out of a ticket and you will be behind bars, simple as that. You know what I mean.

Biker Bob

Latest Posts

Top Bottom