Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Mince pies
Missus just made some mince pies seeing as Xmas is coming up. Course I have eaten them all now......
Piccies in the gallery.

Mince pies
I made mine yesterday, 12 with shortcrust, 12 with Milfoy 12 Jam and 12 lemon Curd, I hope we get plenty of visitors to eat them.

ChrisBobs, I got 6 jars of mincemeat brought over from the UK and I bought 1 jar from a lady that lives in Altinkum and she makes all her own. I make my own lemon Curd. Sorry I can't be of any help but you will find everything you need in Turkey to make a Christmas cake, take a look at Lyndsays Blog for the recipe.

Recipes Move over Nigella's Blog

If you want Lemon Curd recipe just let me know, its the easiest thing in the world to make.

ChrisBobs

Mince pies
I made mine yesterday, 12 with shortcrust, 12 with Milfoy 12 Jam and 12 lemon Curd, I hope we get plenty of visitors to eat them.

ChrisBobs, I got 6 jars of mincemeat brought over from the UK and I bought 1 jar from a lady that lives in Altinkum and she makes all her own. I make my own lemon Curd. Sorry I can't be of any help but you will find everything you need in Turkey to make a Christmas cake, take a look at Lyndsays Blog for the recipe.

If you want Lemon Curd recipe just let me know, its the easiest thing in the world to make.

That's a great idea- varying the pastry!
Thanks Sharon, and if you can postthe lemon curd recipe it would be very appreciated.
Yes I had a look at Lyndsey's blog and the cake.

Hope your visitors enjoy your pies!

Cheers
Chris

Mince pies
LEMON CURD

The juice and rind of 4 lemons
4 Eggs (beaten)
4oz Butter
1lb Granulated Sugar

METHOD

Place all the ingredients in a glass bowl or pan and place this on top of a pan of simmering water.
Stir with a wooden spoon until the back of the spoon is coated. This usually takes around 15 minutes.
When it is ready, pour into warm sterile jars, ( I usually place mine in a low heat oven for few minutes), screw on lids to seal. Leave to cool and refrigerate.
This recipe will make 2 1/2 360 gr Jars, just double up if you want more.

See I told you, easy peasy lemon squeezy

Also if you make any tarts from milfoy, make sure you roll it out a little as it will rise up to much and your filling will be sat on top of the pastry rather than inside.

Milfoy can also be used for Vol-au-vent cases. Just cut a circle to the size reqired and make a smaller indent in the middle with a bottle top or whatever you can find.
Brush with egg or milk and bake at 200 for 10 to 15 minutes, punch the whole out of the middle and fill.

bethx

Mince pies

Can I ask who makes it in Altinkum? I really want to make some but forgot to get any mincemeat whilst in England :doh:

Gail

Mince pies
I am making my mince pies today and going to freeze them for when the family come over. I have got jars from UK but make my own pastry and I make orange pastry which goes really well with the mincemeat.

500 g (l lb) plain flour
175 g (6 oz) icing or castor sugar (i use castor sugar)
375 g (12 oz) butter
Finely grated rind and juice of 1 large orange.

Sift the flour and sugar into a mixing bowl. cut the butter into small
pieces, stir these into the flour and then rub gently with your
fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the grated
orange rind then, using a knife, stir in the orange juice until the
dough just begins to stick together. Gather up the dough and pat it
into a ball, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes or
more before using. Roll out and make your pies yum yum

Makes 24 or more depending on how thick you like your pastry.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Mince pies
The pastry sounds yummy Gail, I bet you make just a little few extra to try before you freeze them, lol.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom