Smiler

Milton Keynes Stadium part of the World Cup 2018 bid
As a Forest fan living away from Nottingham, I'm pretty much apathetic about Nottingham being chosen as a venue. The upside is that derby and leicester have been dropped, (always good to get one over your local rivals). The major downside is having to move from the City Ground to some new soul-less bowl.

Martyn

That's the way they've all gone now. The atmosphere isn't as good as the 60s & 70s, it's the commercial side of things first and foremost. I've worked in quite a few exhibitions in football stadiums.

Smiler

I do think its great that towns/cities such as Milton Keynes, Plymouth and Bristol have been selected. It will give more people a chance to see and be involved with the world cup, should we be successful in our bid.

hijo

in my own clique
..MK stadium is central in the city and also great for parking ..also the main train station is less than a 5 minute walk as is the bus station...:peace:

Smiler

The concrete cows will suprise a few people!!

Martyn

..MK stadium is central in the city and also great for parking ..also the main train station is less than a 5 minute walk as is the bus station...:peace:

Only if you are walking at 48mph :roundgrin it's just over 4 miles from the station. I wonder if you are thinking of the old hockey stadium where they played before the stadium was built, that is 5 mins away from the rail station?

hijo

in my own clique
Only if you are walking at 48mph :roundgrin it's just over 4 miles from the station. I wonder if you are thinking of the old hockey stadium where they played before the stadium was built, that is 5 mins away from the rail station?

i stand corrected Martyn,i thought you meant the dons stadium in MK,i left mk before the one in Bletchley was finished...should have known better i lived there for 27 years..:77wu:

Good for mk stadium sorry folks my husband welded the 1st concrete cows back in the 70s

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Should be good for buisness in Buckingham & Bicester Also Aylesbury & Towcester .
I was brought up around there . In Aylesbury . But Milton Keynes i can't stand the place . All road numbers and all blocks . But those cows are realy something !!!!! Diane

hijo

in my own clique
..i lived about a ten minutes walk from the concrete cows..in wolverton..as a matter of fact my missus heads there today for xmas for 3 weeks..:clap::255ji:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom