bickern

Millionaire who bans 'coloured' people faces Prosecution
The equality watchdog has begun formal legal action against buy-to-let mogul Fergus Wilson after he told his letting agent to ban “coloured” tenants because they left curry smells in his properties.

It emerged in March that Wilson, who owns almost 1,000 homes across Ashford and Maidstone in Kent, emailed a local letting agency, Evolution, saying: “No coloured people because of the curry smell at the end of the tenancy.”

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...n-who-bans-coloured-people-faces-legal-action

Good news methinks if true and a succesful prosecution hopefully fines him big style.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
There are various dimensions to this. We have properties that we let out in the UK through an agent. they vet them but we give the final go ahead. The decision behind the latest couple we gave the green light to was probably that he was starting a career as a navy officer. Other people we may have said no to, but we would not have been foolish enough to advertise our criteria. That, to me is where the racist element comes in.

Spurs

Spurs
Could've saved himself a lot of trouble by just banning curry...........or would the curry cops then get involved?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Reminds me of the Curry chef who had a heart attack in his kitchen, the latest news from the hospital is that he is still in a Korma.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Whilst in New York we were looking for eateries , all we did was look out for the hordes of NY's finest , stuffing their necks.

Always a good recommendation.

Steve

eliza

I am old-fashioned enough to think that if it is your property,you can let it to who you like, if you have bad experience with one group or another, then avoid them, you know it makes sense!

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I am old-fashioned enough to think that if it is your property,you can let it to who you like, if you have bad experience with one group or another, then avoid them, you know it makes sense!

The main point here though is to keep your opinions to yourself.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Like no blacks , no paki's , no wogs , no irish , no poofs , no gippo's or kikes , greek and turkish likewise , no disabled or lessie's , no muslims or Jehovah's

you could go on forever , depending on how deeply prejudiced you could bear to be.

Steve

Spurs

Spurs
Like no blacks , no paki's , no wogs , no irish , no poofs , no gippo's or kikes , greek and turkish likewise , no disabled or lessie's , no muslims or Jehovah's

you could go on forever , depending on how deeply prejudiced you could bear to be.

Steve

No renters.

After seeing how some of these places are left, theres no chance I would ever rent out.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
It depends how careful you are when you choose the renters and how greedy you are with the rent. In one of ours the same couple have been in for 13 years but we have not put the rent up in all that time. We are happy with a couple who pay the rent on time look after the house and love the garden.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom