Moggycat

Men and shirts
This is just to air my views about ? dress codes. Swim shorts or trunks are fine on the beach or in your own home, but please, in Supermarkets, Cafes and Restaurants, could you Gents display a bit of decorum and put a shirt on, there is nothing pretty about your hairy chests and bellies and would you do the same thing in your underwear in the UK, I think not! This also applies to the bikini clad ladies who pop to the supermarket, I wouldn't let you in!!!!!!
How does anyone else feel about this subject? ~Would be interested to hear

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Men and shirts
This is just to air my views about ? dress codes. Swim shorts or trunks are fine on the beach or in your own home, but please, in Supermarkets, Cafes and Restaurants, could you Gents display a bit of decorum and put a shirt on, there is nothing pretty about your hairy chests and bellies and would you do the same thing in your underwear in the UK, I think not! This also applies to the bikini clad ladies who pop to the supermarket, I wouldn't let you in!!!!!!
How does anyone else feel about this subject? ~Would be interested to hear

if the guy was a total stud wud you still say the same? heheheh

maggie

Men and shirts
if the guy was a total stud wud you still say the same? heheheh

Well he would have to be a TOTAL stud .
But agree the sight of scantily clad bodies displaying chest and arm pit hair dangling over the freezers in Migros makes me feel positivly ill.Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:
Men and shirts
I agree, I thought that you weren't allowed in supermarkets in turkey without a top. 2 weeks ago when we had a really hot day in the UK there was a woman in our local cake shop with a mini skirt (ok she had nice legs) and a bikini top, she looked so odd.

carolk

R.I.P
Men and shirts
I see plenty of Turkish girls walking around in shorts/very short mini skirts and bikini tops. I think its a generational thing. They sell bikini's here don't they, skimpy shorts and skirts - well, who are they for - the tourist to take home? I think their plastic cover all bathing suits are the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen particularly as they are only worn by the women and the men can wear anything including spedo's. What about the bar boys always throwing their kit off!!
There are quite a lot of double standards regarding this subject.

I don't particularly like naked bodies either nor, people undressed in supermarkets but I don't think its their intention to be offensive.

I dress to be as cool as possible and appropriately for my age. As for people staring, I have just as many people staring at me in the winter with a big coat on down to the floor and boots. Its just the way it is, people stare.

I never studied the religion of a place when I went on holiday, its two weeks for goodness sake and you just want a nice holiday and a tan.

dalyansteve

Men and shirts
I am a bloke but I absolutely agree, anywere away from the beach or your hotel or home please cover up a bit. Even if you are a hunk or a babe, it is just plain inconsiderate especialy in a food shop.

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Men and shirts
Guy walking around Yalikavak last Monday wearing nothing but, what I can only describe as an Over sized pair of red underpants, his Arrr…s, backside was hanging out and to say it was not a pretty sight is an under statement, he was a great source of amusement as the shop owners came out for a laugh, he should have been arrested for indecencies. :37: :kafa:

Gin&Tonic

Men and shirts
Just seen a couple in Altinkum I think they must have swopped clothes, her shorts were down past her knees and his were so short they must be making his eyes water.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Men and shirts
I agree there is a time and a place, there is nothing worse than seeing people in a cafe/bar/restaurant with nothing on top, also it's not very hygenic either. When we do have a beach day, we take something with us to cover up to go for Lunch.

Last edited:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Men and shirts
id say its a lot more offensive when you see over weight people in very little clothing! particulary men with huge beer bellies etc.... most revolting!.... funny on beaches, the younger guys tend to wear the ling boarding shorts whereas the older men are wearing tiny shorts of speedos! gross!
same experience with joggers, i go jogging and always notice the younger guys are a bit more covered up whereas the older men wear those tiny 'running shorts'....
women tend to just wear what they feel comfortable in no matter what age...

Peregrine

Men and shirts
I agree, I thought that you weren't allowed in supermarkets in turkey without a top. 2 weeks ago when we had a really hot day in the UK there was a woman in our local cake shop with a mini skirt (ok she had nice legs) and a bikini top, she looked so odd.

odd in what way?

major ted

Men and shirts
Near to the place that I live we have a large shopping centre/lesure park called Trago Mills I have noticed there that it has more than its fair share of two legged pot bellied pigs male and female usually the men dress in shorts with their bellys hanging over the top and a string vest on and the women are dressed in shiney track suits white socks and high heels or ski pants crop tops looking like an advert for car tires and I often think are they doing a dress rehear'sal for their holiday in Hisarounu!!!:sick:

DAVIDO

Men and shirts
i agree zuberdust

also it dont go together when you see a big belly bloke with a footyshirt on .the only place for him would be in goal.. surely common sence tells you to dress when shopping in supermarket.
davido

pldouglas

Men and shirts
Near to the place that I live we have a large shopping centre/lesure park called Trago Mills I have noticed there that it has more than its fair share of two legged pot bellied pigs male and female usually the men dress in shorts with their bellys hanging over the top and a string vest on and the women are dressed in shiney track suits white socks and high heels or ski pants crop tops looking like an advert for car tires and I often think are they doing a dress rehear'sal for their holiday in Hisarounu!!!:sick:

You described that perfectly, I now have a clear image to upset my dinner! I think I get stared at for the oposite reason - I wear a lot in the sun! Long cool cotten skirt, big hat and a loose shirt over my T shirt, it all helps keep the sun off to avoid the wretched heat stroke - which I am actually in danger of getting here on the south coast in GB right now - its hot!
The sight of my dearly beloved minus his shirt anywhere around our house is lovley, so lovley that I wouldn't share it with anyone and ensure he is adequately covered outside our home. Sadly I cannot be responsible when he is in Yalikavak for the next 3 weeks, I have a dreadful feeling that the same pair of cut-offs is worn for the whole 3 weeks.

Lindacm

Men and shirts
It's all about respect for yourself and for others. Unfortunately it's in short supply these days.

Men and shirts
I agree, it's disrespectful to feel you can bare your body bits in other peoples space. Restaurants and food shops are a big annoyance to me personally, keep the beach wear and bare bits for the beach/pool/hotel. In a muslim country, however liberal, it's still good manners to cover up in the town centres and community areas...

Manda

Men and shirts
I'm pretty opened minded & not at all judgemental, but surely it's common curtesy when in somewhere that serves food that you put a top on no matter what your shape is? I have always slipped something on when abroad even if eating at a hotel pool side bar. You can get some gorgeous cover ups for women nowadays so there's no excuse. I think everyone looks nicer in clothes, even Johnny Depp!!!! (Not that I wouldn't mind seeing him without if the situation arose....)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom