Ray-m

Medical question - wheat allergy
I have a friend who is coming to Turkey on holiday but she has a wheat allergy.
I have tried to find the Turkish language expression for: 'Gluten Free' so that she can eat safely, but I've had no luck so far. Can anyone help please?

bexxy

Mooning
Re: Medical question

I'm pretty sure this has been asked by someone before and a lot of helpful replies were made. I will have a look round for you, try the "search" function or I'm sure some clever bod will be on here to help shortly.

Andy

Hi Ray

Shorty on the Forum has a son with the same allergy
if you send her a private message she will give you all
the information you need.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Andy

Ray-m

Hi Bexxy.
Thanks for that. I didn't get the 'gluten free' part but all of the wheat info will help.
ray-m.

Guz1

Hi Ray,

We printed out a few copies of the Turkish version of the gluten-free card and brought them with us on our last trip to Turkey. They were a godsend when we went to restaurants. A word of warning, though, avoid corn bread and gravy unless you are sure they haven't used a wheat based raising agent or thickener.

If you want to go to the bother of baking/cooking, the big supermarkets sell "glutensiz" flour and pasta. We brought some cornflour and bisto from home because we needed to be sure that it hadn't been cross-contaminated.

Maria.

ade

we are going out this Saturday to Altinkum (yippee) and have somebody with a nut allergy coming with us (their first time to Turkey) and could do with the same advice please as I do not know a lot about nut allergies.
Adrian

ade

Thanks Cliff, that was excellent. got the phrase we need. Just got to remember it and pronounce it now.
one and a half days to go!
If anyone from the Forum fancies coming round to Sultan Way next week for an Efes (or a nose) let me know. I will have my phone with me 00447715323748.
Adrian & Jill

Ray-m

Guz1 said:
Hi Ray,

We printed out a few copies of the Turkish version of the gluten-free card and brought them with us on our last trip to Turkey. They were a godsend when we went to restaurants. A word of warning, though, avoid corn bread and gravy unless you are sure they haven't used a wheat based raising agent or thickener.

If you want to go to the bother of baking/cooking, the big supermarkets sell "glutensiz" flour and pasta. We brought some cornflour and bisto from home because we needed to be sure that it hadn't been cross-contaminated.

Maria.

Hi Maria,
Any chance of getting hold of a copy of the Turkish version of the gluten-free card?
Nice to know about the glutensiz flour and pasta...thanks.

Guz1

Ray,
You can print them out. Here's the link to the website that Tykatem kindly posted on the thread that Bexxy directed you to.

www.celiactravel.com

Maria.

P.S. Should have told you that I haven't seen any Glutenfree biscuits or buns in the supermarkets, so better stock some if your friend has a sweet tooth. We brought some Glutenfree bread with us last time cos you need something to mop up the runny egg at breakfast.

ade

One more day to go!
Please can anyone tell me what rate you are getting in Tinky at the moment and who is giving the best rate?
thanks
Adrian
Get the Efes in the fridge

Latest Posts

Top Bottom