lorraine

Non Active Member
Meat sniffer dogs at Manchester!!
Friends have just returned from a holiday to the UK, they were asked by friends in the UK to bring them a Turkish Salami Sausage, not a problem said they.

The entered Manchester Airport and standing in line at one of the exit desk our friend started to pet a friendly dog that had decided to sit beside him. He reached down and started to pet his new found friend when he felt a tap on his shoulder!!
"Sir would you mind coming with me"
"Why" asked our friend
"We beleive that you are carrying contraband"
No way!! we dont do drugs" Says our friend
"It is not drugs it is the meat you have in your suit case"

Yes they now have sniffer dogs for meat products entering UK due to the Bird Flu, apparently the only countries to "be sniffed at" are countries outside the EU !!

So you can have bird flu in France and Germany even Spain and take meat products into the UK :crazy:

But they didnt bother with the 800 ciggies they had in the other case..:lol:

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Hi Loz....
They do have sniffer dogs working the other way too. When I checked in to fly to İstanbul in January at Heathrow Airport, I was sniffed!!!!!!!

mkc

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
hahaaaa Charlie..... :lol:

It's an Uzi you silly billy.....I actually thought the sniffer dog was a guide dog (it was wearing a day-glo yellow coat) it was only when İ went to make a fuss of it and mr jobsworth said 'don't touch the dog please' that i realized İ was being 'sniffed'.
For once,I was not carrying contraband only a box of after eight mints,some oxo's a car stereo and speakers,vegetable seeds and various other stupid things with a few items of clothing.
Im not sure what the dog was sniffing for (he could have had a cold!) but I suspect meat or chicken products. We don't use drug 'mules' to Turkey do we? A bit like carrying coals to newcastle that one !
On a similar thread, I don't remember them having 'dogs' at the airport during the 'mad cow fiasco'. If they had done, how the hell did I get through?

confused mkc

jcrian

Yes, I was stopped last week going through the green channel,non EEC at Stansted.The Customs man asked where I had come from - Turkey - Did I have any meat or fish products? No - so he let me through without a search.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I think your friend was stopped by the Manchester Mafia who are trying to keep quality salami out of England.

i didnt know that was a gun mtc...i thought it was a new mobile phone...its me glasses
or time of day...dont like daylight.
well i just had a multipak of bacon and cheddar cheese brought over...not a sniff in sight.

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Roflmto Shirley :lol:

Who remembers the first mobile phones, that looked like a house brick??? :crazy:

I think it is chicken or poultry products they are 'sniffing'out not meat or Salami. We were told back in October that dogs would be used at UK airports and consequently sprog refused to take back Quails eggs for his uncle. When he got to Gatwick, there wasn't a doggy in sight! :kafa:

Mind you, England is pretty good at bolting the stable door after the horse has fled or the chicken has flown!

Was the Salami confiscated Loz? Definately a plot to stop Quality Turkish Salami getting through Kayakoy, the goverment don't want the sheep complaining about size!!!!

mkc

lorraine

Non Active Member
Yes the Salami was confiscated, bagged and tagged, probably only to be opened again by the customs to have for their supper!!

On returning to Turkey they had no problem at all bringing Bacon and other meat products in.

But I can see the panic on this guys face as the dog just sat there looking at his suitcase..Yummy yummy more food..

Just returned last night from Antalya into Manchester and the sniffer dogs were on patrol and we were asked where we had flown in from and did we have any food stuffs - only a jar of home-made turkish relish which we were allowed to keep.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Had the same thing happen earlier this month at manchester. Never seen so much security at the airport! .. we were pulled to one side & had to run our baggage through another xray machine. The sniffer dog actually sniffs the person not the baggage so I suspect they are looking for more than just meat.
It's a good thing I reckon.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Well these dogs aren't all they're made out to be you know. I was going through a certain airport last week when there in the middle of the floor I saw this steaming pile of c**p. I saw a nearby security guard and I said 'Where the hell did that come from?'. He replied 'The sniffer dog - he found a bomb!'

C

teresa

Free Thinker
Meat sniffers were at Manchester last year. The dog was very interested in our case but did not indicate by sitting. We were asked what we had inside and we actually had loads of lemons.

Teresa

KateK

I flew into Manchester last week with a lot of sucuk and sackfulls of hazelnuts but nobody stopped or even looked at me and I didn't notice any more security than normal definately no sniffer dogs...

pat

They have dogs sniffing for Citrus fruits at Miami airport, as they are worried about diseases affecting their huge income from Oranges etc.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom