Yogi

Picnic basket raider
McDonalds loses no.1 spot
The trouble with McDonalds is that 2 hours after eating it (I don't have loads) I'm hungry again. Perhaps that's their ploy.
Can't recall seeing these sort of places in Turkey?

------------------

The golden arches might be famous around the globe, but another fast food outlet has usurped McDonald’s as the world's largest restaurant chain.

Sandwich group Subway is the new leader with 33,749 locations around the world, compared to 32,737 for McDonald’s, according to Subway spokesperson Les Winograd.

The US-based chain has made a major push into international markets over the years with a successful business model that focuses on small, low-cost outlets.

Established in 1965 in the US, Subway now has restaurants in 95 countries around the world and the privately owned company says it has been "on a great run".

In light of the news, McDonald's has responded that it is growing but is committed to being better and not just bigger.

"We remain focused on listening to and serving our customers, and are committed to being better, not just bigger,” McDonald's representative Heidi Barker told the Daily Mail.

As the current second largest restaurant chain, McDonald's has locations in 117 countries around the world, employing 1.7 million people and 75% of its restaurants are franchised.

Last year, McDonald's revenue was £14.85bn (US$24bn) compared to £9.2bn (US$15.2bn) for Subway.

The international presence of some other fast food giants:

KFC: 20,200 locations worldwide in 109 countries

Starbucks: 17,009 locations in 50 countries

Pizza Hut: 13,100 locations in 97 countries

Burger King: 12,100 locations around the world

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
They are here. There,s one on the outskirts of Gumbet near Oasis and a Burger king at Kipa. As long as they keep away from Yalikavak......

SLEEPY

Mc Donalds has released a statment saying that there sponsership of the london 2012 olympics won't harm the integrity of the games, but lane 5 and 6 will be closed off due to a childrens party.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
The Ukrainian government will soon lift restrictions on travel to the area of the world's worst nuclear accident. Next thing you know they'll have a McDonald's there. I'd be wary of the food especially when they ask "Would you like to get fried with that?"

A89

Can't recall seeing these sort of places in Turkey?

------------------

I'm really suprised you've not seen any in Turkey. There are several McDonalds and Burger king in Alanya and all the surrounding areas. Im pretty sure Ive seen them in all areas of Turkey that Ive visited. In some of them the quality is not as good as in England. (not that I think its particularly good anyway lol) a freind and I once had 'chicken royal' (Burger King) in Antalya airport and the oil out of the chicken piece was literally running down our hands, never known it be like that in England, we couldnt eat it.
Starbucks is just getting ready to open in Alanya and there's a rumour going round that Subway will also open here soon.

Yogi

Picnic basket raider
I'm really suprised you've not seen any in Turkey. There are several McDonalds and Burger king in Alanya and all the surrounding areas. Im pretty sure Ive seen them in all areas of Turkey that Ive visited. In some of them the quality is not as good as in England. (not that I think its particularly good anyway lol) a freind and I once had 'chicken royal' (Burger King) in Antalya airport and the oil out of the chicken piece was literally running down our hands, never known it be like that in England, we couldnt eat it.
Starbucks is just getting ready to open in Alanya and there's a rumour going round that Subway will also open here soon.

Ahhh..... yes I DO remember seeing a BK in Izmir airport. Apart from that only really ever been to the Altinkum/Akbuk area and have never seen one around there. Can't recall seeing one on any transfers to/from Izmir or Bodrum airports either.... mind you I'm often asleep/dozing on these.

debmax

There's a McDonalds in Turgutreis, but I've never had one in England, so I certainly won't have one in Turkey

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I don't like McDonalds or BK Other than a milk shake or a fluffy ice cream I prefer Kentucky Fried Chicken . They do a lovely chicken burger/sandwich with whole breast of chicken Not minced up like the other two . ....Don't know about Alanya but theres a Subway in Antalya also Izmir ......Diane

mike dj

B.K at Carrefour on Ataturk Bulavari , McDonalds at Soke outlets has been there about 10 years ,had my first McDonalds there .Mike

REDDERS

Heard on radio 2 today that Mc D & Subway are owned by the same US parent company.So as long as one of their companies are at the top they wont worry.

tjd

Heard on radio 2 today that Mc D & Subway are owned by the same US parent company.So as long as one of their companies are at the top they wont worry.

I think you'll find that is not correct. Mikey D's is not owned by Doctor Assocs

Latest Posts

Top Bottom