M

Mack

Master Debater?
There seems to be so many intelligent and passionate people on the forum I wondered who could claim the crown of Master Debater?

Pointless making a poll as theres so many but who do you think has a good debating/posting style and why?

I like Pete The Postie and Ceemac as I think we share a similar sense of humour if not opinions and despite obvious opposite viewpoints to me Biker Bob is always a "worthy opponent" :) Martyn is great at starting (and sometimes finishing) some hot topics. What do you think?

Martyn

Master Debater?
There are many good debaters on here, I'm well out of my depth but then I just light the blue touch paper and stand well back. :biggrin1: One that is rarely on here is Germaine especially when Bobthenob is on his religious soapbox :roundgrin no offense Bob.

Guz1

Master Debater?
You, Mack, are a good debater as are the others you have mentioned. Terry and Shirley are great at getting their point acrooss. I miss Germaine for his relaxed, good humoured style.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Master Debater?
I would have to say Germaine. Very close is Ceemac and then there are a number that are very good at expressing themselves. Mack your right up there with Ceemac. Now for a list of Master bators....welllllll that is lenghty....hehe

Biker Bob

JET

Master Debater?
My Ian says that he knows a Dick Puller who does it all the time..................Can`t say that I`ve seen his name on the Forum though.

Master Debater?
i think Maria is one of the best at keeping on topic and being clear in her opinions and rarely loses sight of the essential points to prove her argument
Carolk is also good at sticking to her viewpoint and rarely loses her cool.
Germaine is of course missed.
Mushroom is best in defence of his cause, but can also get some sly points across which make you go back for another look!
Pash is coming out strongly in many of the recent debates and i like his/her style.
there are so many others.
making good interesting posts isnt the same as being good in an argument, we have some super posters but a good debater is a rare thing.
how could i miss out saorise, i agree with many of his views...not all but most of them

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Master Debater?
Yes I agree that posting 'interesting' posts is somewhat different than debating.

I'm crap at debating as I too often get heated and unobjective, but I do like taking part.

As for the 'master debater'. that's very difficult to answer but I think Mack may be one to watch...:3:

C

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Master Debater?
We oldies got it as soon as we saw the thread title ! :wink: Didn't you young'un ? :

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Master Debater?
Oooh so many to choose from. I do tend to lose the plot a bit myself if it gets personal though. Germaine was good when around. Actually maybe Mack is the new Germaine.

Harem

I've cliqued
Master Debater?
I have to nominate Germaine (he called himself a mass debater) and miss his input, but Pete, Biker Bob, Mack, Craig (not necessarily in that order) are climbing up there with him. Sorry, forgot to put in Mushroom.

Last edited:
M

Mack

Master Debater?
Oooh so many to choose from. I do tend to lose the plot a bit myself if it gets personal though. Germaine was good when around. Actually maybe Mack is the new Germaine.

Thanks to everyone but I wasnt I wasnt fishing, I promise, is Germaine still around? I cant recall seeing him posting recently, shame, Ill have to go and search out some threads :) It would be nice to see more getting involved in topics as well, there does seem to be a hardcore of posters and some "newbies" like Z wading in which is great.

Not wanting to start any "clique" discussion again but thousands of members and maybe 50-60 regular contributors who are all great, its nice to have views from a cross section of ages though, considering in in my 30s (in a David Brent kind of way....ahem!) and felt a bit of a youngster till Z showed up :) ....b*stard :)

C'mon everyone reading, get posting too, a nice thing here is despite the occasional heated debate, like fight club, everyones still friends after its finished (on the whole :))

Ive ruled myself out for the title anyway, how could I not title the thread MASS DEBATER as Harem suggests, to miss that is criminal :). I forgot Bobthenob too, sorry bob, your posts have given me the most WTF! moments and some great laughs (whether deliberate or not Im not sure ;) ). Just need Martyn to come up with the next controversial topic now.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Master Debater?
There are quite a few on here that would get my vote.
1/Shirley and Maria[Guz 1] are very good debaters that comes out with good logic and knows how to keep the debate going
2/Mushroom with his intellectual thoughts and wit makes very interesting reading.
3/Ceemac is in a field of his own,where his sense of humour mixed with debates has a certian attraction to his posts
4/Germaine,which l do miss has always had a strong and straight to the point type attitude,with his post gives the feeling as,either as you take it or leave it.
My vote goes to Ceemac,because of the way he expresses himself and also how he can calm debates with his sense of humour.
There are many others that have the ability to express themselves well in making a debate interesting

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Master Debater?
i didnt actually... i got it like 1 day after the thread was made.. my mind is too pure... not corrupted :pakistanF

To pure."in what form".To delve into forums that like to slap their c""k about is a recipe for the dish to become spoilt

Master Debater?
My Ian says that he knows a Dick Puller who does it all the time..................Can`t say that I`ve seen his name on the Forum though.

Sorry folks, Jean gets a wee bit confused at times, that guy was popular at our Sportsman`s Dinners...Maybe that could be classified as a kind of `Massdebate`.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom