Mars
Not sure if this is the right place but couldn't work out where to post this. Just been outside in the UK and the bright shining light to the left of the moon is apparently MARS and this is the closest it will get to us for many many years propbably not in our lifetime, it is amazing

Mars
Hi,
yes i have been out looking at it too. you can actually see its orange glow. it will be this close again in six years time. i love the skies.

mary

Modgirl

Mars
Hi went outside also to have a look you can see Mars no orange glow but still amazing.

My son has just told me to google Norway spiral this is also quite amazing

Last edited by a moderator:

Guz1

Mars
Thanks, Lesley, for the heads up on this. No binoculars so couldn't see any red glow, but saw Mars shining light a bright star beside the full moon. Lovely clear night tonight.

Tess

Mars
Thanks Lesley, just been out to see myself, the moon is so bright tonight, the stars are out in force, we have a covering of snow this evening which makes everything so bright, no binoculars but can see Mars quite clearly shining brightly beside the moon. Lovely.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Mars
yah i seen it to and im soooooooo into astronomy so was very exiciting for me to see... i did notice a differrnt colour compared to all the other stars as well! thnx!

Mars
Following a day of miserable weather , the clouds parted and there it was. Mars, with a visible orange glow.

I am lead to believe that the two stars/planets which are seen close to the moon at various times of the year are Mars and Jupiter.

Mars
i hope its still there tonight..i love this sort of thing ..anybody knowhow long before it moves into a different position ?

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Mars
Hi Lesley

I missed your post last night, I hope Mars is still visible tonight as I would love to see it.

Thanks
Maura

Mars
Hi Lesley

I missed your post last night, I hope Mars is still visible tonight as I would love to see it.

Thanks
Maura

Hi Maura,

yes, it will be still visible, thought not as bright as last night.
look slightly above and to the left of the moon.
hope you have clear sies where you are.

mary.

DtB

Mars
Can't believe I'm going to be able to see anything tonight as it's still hissing it down here in DownTown Gumusluk.........................

Latest Posts

Top Bottom