Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Marrying my Turkish boyfriend thread
I have moved the thread so I can edit it. I tried it in situ but people were posting faster than I can edit :lol: It will be back later.

Martyn

There is no point leaving the slanging match about race. If you want it will be easier to delete the lot and start again if people are going to pick an issue with it? Personally I'm trying to work at the same time.

Saoirse

I most definetely disagree

There were rascist comments made on this forum and I find it totally unacceptable that when the perpertrators of such statements were challenged the moderators step in to save their necks

mdon

Now i am really confused as I am new to this forum
What has happened to the post I wrote and the replies
If they have been removed then so much for freedom of speech
Is this what happens when you challenge anti- turkish racism on a public board
Any they say Turkey is undemocratic

Harem

I've cliqued
Mdon you say you are very clever, etc. but surely that means you can read??

Saoirse

mdon

the disgraceful rascist anti Turkish comments were challenged by myself and others

we put it up to those who posted the rascism to explain themselves

it would appear the moderators decided atthat point to pull a lot of the posts.

I would appeal directly to Mustaq to reinstate what has been removed in order that this evil rascism can be exposed

Martyn

So what you want is unmoderated forums? Let the thread go until when? Come on Phil, what's the plan?

Saoirse

reinstate the posts which were being challenged as rascist

those who placed these posts must be challenged to defend their obnoxious comments

Martyn

Our job is to moderate threads. If you want to start a thread on racism off then do it, we have to try to make the forum run properly. If you have an issue with someone pm them.

mdon

Yes I can read. thanks for that comment
What I do not understand is the process that is going on here

Does the moderator edit all the posts he does not like and then the thread is reinstated? or is the thread gone forever?
I have not used these type of forums before and was asking a genuine question about the procedure

Saoirse

I reckon readers should take what they will from your refusal to allow the rascist posts to be read and challenged

bobthenob

Non Active Member
You done the right thing Martyn,by keeping an eye on this very sensitive issue.What ever people's views are on the issues of another culture,race or nationality.lt always seems to end up in a slanging match.
Panther made some very good points in forewarning others.That is not racist.
All Turkish and Kurdish people are not all dishonest,it is just a fact on how a non E.U citizen can manipulate minds to get what they want.
Warning others on how a country does behave towards certain foriegners should not be classed as racist,if that is the reputation they have given themselves.So it is right to forewarn others without being branded racist,because it isn't.

Last edited:

Martyn

Mdon

The procedure is that we leave threads to go on their merry way. If they go off topic or whatever we can edit them accordingly. You put a question on the forum in good faith but when you post something you might not always hear what you want to hear. As long as everyone adheres to the rules then everything should be ok. Often they don't but we also have other lives and have to fit this job in with doing other things. I pulled the thread because people were posting faster that I can read the thread, that is all. Of course we get the comments about free speech etc but you won't find many forums fairer than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom