JosieJo

Marriage Questions.......help needed!
Hi

Does anyone know the marriage procedure for marrying a Turkish National, I am from the UK.

I know you need to book an appointment at the embassy in Antalya and then go to the local office to book a date, does anyone know how long you get to actually get married, is there a time scale?

Also once I am married how do I change my name on my passport and residency permit etc, does the passport have to be done from the UK?

My partner has a passport but it is out of date, will his ID card suffice at the embassy or does he need to renew his passport?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

beyazbayan

İt is not so straightforward you need a certificate of no impediment etc best you look at a site called turkish-love it is a site for women in a relationship or married to turks they have all the up to date information.

http://turkishlove.yuku.com/directory

JosieJo

Thanks but you no longer need a certificate of no imp. as of last month they changed the rules, you just need an affidavit that you download off the embassy website and take with you

:)

beyazbayan

Well there you are you know the rules better than those of us living here it is not only in Turkey that things change all the time.

JosieJo

Thanks Alice

I am already living here and have been for some time but like was mentioned before, the rules seem to change all the time so I was just asking a few questions to see if anyone had been married recently and knew the exact process.

:)

beyazbayan

Join Turkish love there are women who have done this recently and posted their experiences. İt is not a dating or romance site but an information site for women in a relationship or married to Turks.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom