lindie

Marmaris Iclemere & Turunc
well everry body come on and start posting on these areas .
we lease an apartment in Turunc it is a lovely village very freindly beach is good has blue flag, The village has got one main street with side roads of all with shops and resturants also along the beac front are so really good restraunts , but i must say i have not had a bad meal in turunc all good . you can get the sea taxi to iclemere& marmaris takes about 40 minutes also the dolomus . there are some nice walks to go to in turunc if you go early on in the season when it is cooler there are a few bays you can go to on the sea taxi amos is one of them if you want to chill out for the day that is the place to go so quite water lovely.
There are enough resraunt & bars to keep you happy for well over your 2 weeks holiday there are many trips you can do as well. If you want a nice chill out time go to Turunc if you want to party you can go to MARMARIS OR iCLEMERE both easy to get to lindie

lindie

:):):)Come on there must be some one out there who use this forum lets get the marmaris , iclemere Turunc questions going :D:D:D

Orinoco

Hi Lindie,
I love Turunc,and I would really like to buy a property there,but with my aim being to live in Turkey when I retire,I would imagine that outside of the Summer season,the village would close up,and it would not be practical to live there in the winter.
What do you think?

BOB
ps - See my photo album for a couple of Turunc shots.

candy

Bob,
We have an apartment in Turunc. We returned last week from there after a week's holiday. We love Turunc during the holiday season, and although there seem to be quite a lot of Brits live there, must say we could not see the appeal. When we arrived April 15th almost everything was shut, about 2 restaurants open, apparently there were none up until a couple of weeks before that. The dolmuss' dont run to Marmaris during winter, and also no taxi-boats, so if you don't have a car you are completely stuck. At first, although things were starting coming to life, it just had the feel of any holiday resort shut for the winter, if you don't mind that you'd probably be OK. It also rains a lot in winter - torrential downpours apparently, and if you have a holiday home I doubt that it will be built to be warm enough all the year round. This is just our opinion, others probably disagree, but you should go in the depths of winter to make up your mind!

lindie

i quite agree with candy turunc is lovely but not to buy there to live it only comes alive at the begining of may and even then it is still very quite so no i woudnt buy there

eamonn1

Re: Marmaris Iclemere & Turunc

Hi All! Anyone in Icmeler during August 15 to 29th. Meet up for a beer. Regards, Eamonn.

GarryP

Hi all, we stayed and Icmeler for 2 weeks last year, quite early on in the season. We had a great time there and we also explored Turunc and agreed,it is a lovely place.

We found a fantastic fish only restaurant on the outskirts of Icmeler. It was out of the towm centre but was on the main road to marmaris. We had some lovely grilled fisk there, cipura (sea-bream) and levrek (bass), very good size fish and very cheap, 8million lira apiece last year complete with a large salad, chips and a free oven cooked flat bread (like a oversized tortilla, sorry can't remember the turkish name) complete with a garlic cream paste, simply wonderful.
Icmeler isn't so bad as well but problably a bit manic in high season like most other turkish resorts (apart from Turunc and Akbuk that is).

GarryP

Tonya

Ex owner Calis Beach

Hi Lindie, can you tell us more about leasing a flat? Was it furnished, cost etc?

hi

i have lived in turunc for 12 years and after reading the threads there has always been a dolmus in the winter yes it can be quiet in the winter but now there are a few restaurants and bars open. This year we have had a fabulous winter altogether only two weeks of rain, walking around in joggers and t shirt in december is not bad. Turunc is an ideal place to buy in it an unspoilt resort if you like the night life you can get a dolmus or taxi boat to icemeler or marmaris. The price of properties has come down so now is the chance to buy in this lovely place at fraction of the prices before.

susie

I'm going to be staying in Turunc for about 4 weeks in July and am so pleased to come across this thread! It sounds ideal for me. I like a bit of quiet but it's also good to know that Icmeler and Marmaris are not that far away for a bit of a change.

Sally: for part of my time in Turunc I'll be on my own (will be joined by friends and family on and off during my visit). Is it a place that I can walk around and go into bars/restaurants on my own without feeling intimidated or uncomfortable?

hi sue

Turunc is very safe you will have no problem at all if you need any advise please come to the harbour as i am there most evenings i will be on the cem boat or the cemre boat
my apartments are in the main high street next to my meric hotel which i have two up for sale at the moment the locals are very friendly hence thats why i am married to one and still here after twelve years.

susie

Thanks Sally - that's really good to know.

I might well come and find you as well :). Do you do trips? I love being on boats.

hi sue

yes we do daily trips on our double decker boat the 5 bay trip and dalyan trip we also have a smaller boat which we do the 5 bays and the trips to icmeler and marmaris if its your first time here i guarantee you will fall in love with it like many other holidaymakers that come back year after year look forward to meeting you

We too have visited Turunc and it is lovely

Susie if you are staying there it would also be worth visiting Datca especially on Saturdays when the market is there. It is a beautiful drive as is the drive to Turunc with breathtaking scenery

Enjoy your trip

Last edited:

martin m

Hi
Have to say that for all the time i have been a member on here, its always been at the back of my mind why icemler (mainly) barely gets a mention.
Having holidayed there 3 years ago we came away thinking that we had been to paradise and could not stop telling folk what a fantastic place we had found, what with the fantastic bay setting surrounded by pine clad hills it had something for everyone, and on a entertainment front if you wanted wild you had marmaris to the left,and if even icemler itself was too much you had the quieter turunc to the right.
I read in one of the above post that property prices have come down, well thats a little late for us as we would have bought there in 06 but we found it too expensive, we bought in Altinkum instead (no regrets).I would imagine that turunc would be twice the size it was 3 years ago which would not be a bad thing (depending from where your looking) but i will never forget going from icemler to turunc over the mountain on our scooter we stopped to look back at icemler at the top and the veiw was amazing, only to find that a little further along you started to go down the other side and the view was just as great only a smaller town (turunc).
I must admit the only down side i could envisage to buying in either turunc or icemler would be the quietness of the winter months,where as with the larger towns i.e didim are fully functional all year round turkish towns with still a reasonable amount of things going on.
martin

goldmattymiss

goldmattymiss

hi guys
having read this thread i felt i must also put my 2 pennys worth in .we moved to Turunc just over 2 years ago with our 15 year old daughter ,we rent a fantastic apartment and while i must agree Turunc is quiet in the winter we have never had problems getting to Marmaris as the dolmus run every hr up till 4 oclock there are 3 to 4 bars and restaurants open and the take away ,we find winter is a great time to go walking and spend time with the locals as this is the time of year when they have time to spend with you as in the summer they are busy with buisnesses .I also find marmaris a great place in the winter much better than in the summer ,also the expat comunity in turunc is around 60 so we all tend to see more of each other during winter so overall i would definatly recommend this life style to anybody:16vf:

turunc tracy

Hi Susie
Turunc is one of the most beautiful villages i have had the pleasure to:roundgrin come across in turkey,people are so friendly and you certainly feel safe being on your own in the evening time,5 years ago i bought an apt in turunc and havent regretted a moment,even im a single parent i think nothing of coming to turunc on my own or with my daughter,theres a lovely community of both turkish and eng expats and have met so many lovely friends in turunc,ill also be in turunc beginning of july for 2 weeks if you want to meet up..Sally im also back in feb for a week with my daughter hopefully ill catch up with you..julie ill email you my order of sausages and homemade pies a few days before i come..Susie dont think youll be disappointed..take care Tracy x:roundgrin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom