Marina Officially Opening 28th May
After years of rumours and planning the Marina is officially Opening.

Article from Oracle Newsletter.
The 28th May 2009 will be a very significant day in Altinkum,as this will be the official opening of the Newest and Largest Marina on the Aegean Coast.
Reports are that there are around 100 big outlet names queing to take ownership of the commercial units available at the site.
The Marina will be opened by the countries Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan

Going to be a double celebration for me as it will also be my birthday and will be there to witness the opening celebrations.

Lesley T

What a lovely way to celebrate your birthday Alan! Let us know all about it!

wednesday

The 28th May 2009 will be a very significant day in Altinkum,as this will be the official opening of the Newest and Largest Marina on the Aegean Coast.
Reports are that there are around 100 big outlet names queing to take ownership of the commercial units available at the site.

Going to be a double celebration for me as it will also be my birthday and will be there to witness the opening celebrations.

will they be ferrys travelling to kos?

shazyboy

This is what the world has been waiting for. Tom cruise will be the 1st to land there in his Annaliese a 280-foot superyacht..

tinkyman

that's going to make the price of boxes of Turkish Delight quite competitive if 100 outlets are coming to the Marina

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
According to the ferry companys website the the ferry to Kos starts on 2nd June (?) Nothing official from any other source yet though. They are not gong from the Marina but from the Harbour where the customs post is. Sources said that the customs post will eventually be moved to the Marina area. Sure it will all be confirmed in the voices and when it all happens!!! We will be there on our trusty ole steads cycling up the bumpy dodgy ole road to the marina.

posted by Saddle Sore Sally and side saddle sid.

Last edited:

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Thanks Alan and happy birthday for the 28th.
Hope to be there myself. Is there a specific time or programme of events for the day?
Carol x

Thanks Alan and happy birthday for the 28th.
Hope to be there myself. Is there a specific time or programme of events for the day?
Carol x

Thanks Carol! I haven't heard any other news about the official programme of events.
I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more publicity about it.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
According to the ferry companys website the the ferry to Kos starts on 2nd June (?) Nothing official from any other source yet though. They are not gong from the Marina but from the Harbour where the customs post is. Sources said that the customs post will eventually be moved to the Marina area.

posted by Saddle Sore Sally and side saddle sid.

Hopefully we will we be able to renew our visas there ???

Tommie

CJD

I read that the opening had been put back till September
I can't remember where, but I found this on the 'voices'
website

THE new £50 million Didim Marina is to be opened by Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan in September, it was announced this week.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
I just had a walk up there now but dıd not look lıke anythıng specıal was happenıng. Lots of men doıng the plants & others sweepıng. I counted 6 boats & saw one massıve motor cruıser (? - megabucks whatever ıt was) goıng out. The curved outer wall wıth a lıghthouse on the end remınds me of Lyme Regıs/ Lady Chatterleys lover!
Regards Carol x

panther

I can't imagine it looking inspiring without historical focal points. Too much of the fairground amusement park in view.

Flipflop

The Hurriyet paper was claiming the opening will boost property values in the town: New yacht marina opens next month in Altýnkum and also states that he marina will have: '......ferry links to the Greek islands of Kalimnos, Kos and Leros, as well a customs post, port authority facilities and passport control....'

Might have been lifted from a press release from a hopeful developer? The new-ish customs facilities are recently opened at the harbour so might not be something planned to move to the marina at all.

No mention of the opening on the political diary in the Journal of Turkish Weekly news: DIARY - Political and General News Events 28 May 2009 so maybe it has been re-assigned to November?

Plenty of time to get the roads sorted then!

jil

jilly
The Marina is now opening in September. Do not know the date
It has started to take in boats this month but as the shoping complex is not ready the offical opening will now be in September. This is quoated in voices newspaper.

Regards to you all
Jill

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
I've just returned today from Altinkum, and we had a great time. I had a wander up to the new marina to take a few pictures but they wouldn't let me in due to the construction work still going ahead.

But here's a few pictures that I managed to take :smile:

Here's the new access road being built
May2009032.jpg

Here's the new customs building
May2009038.jpg

This boat in the dry dock was huge
May2009041.jpg

May2009033.jpg

May2009034.jpg

Some boats moored in the marina
May2009046.jpg

May2009042.jpg

May2009044.jpg

It will be really stunning when it is completed!! :flame:

Allan

liam

Altinkum Lover
Great pics im going out there on the 29th August for 2 weeks so hopefully might open while im out there which would be a treat. And if some one could help because i dont know were to start with buying a property out there.

Tess

Super pics Allan, can't believe the progress since last summer, thanks for posting them.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom