manchester united 18 and counting
manchester united premier league champions and world champions european champions bring on barcelona on the 27th of may

THE MIGHTY RED ARMY MARCHES ON :48:

tjd

What a great day for all United Fans - Great result.

Fergie says he's not for retiring - many more great years to come.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
The Fa and Premiership have decided that football should follow the path proposed by Max " stripe me pink " Moseley. Formula one motor racing would follow a similarly modeled formula to penalise successfull Teams.

Each football team will have it's expenditure capped by the following formula.

Total expenditure on signings / salary / gate receipts / earnings, divided by number of players multiplied by points gained in previous season. Each team would then have an equitable value attatched to each player.

No team would be able to field a team of more than 110% value of their opposition on any one day.
Therefore as a rule of thumb Man U at home to Portsmouth would probably only be able to field 9 players ( no subs ) to Portsmouth's 11, thereby balancing the financial resource gap.

Or we could leave it alone and let them play / race it out.

Whatever happens bet Max and his Barrister / Lawyer friends do not face an earnings cap.

well done Man U, you deserve it.
Regards, Steve.

Lesley T

Sorry!! - but I think the Premiership has become boring- the same teams at the top every year. It has all become very predictable and not exciting. It's all about money.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Sorry!! - but I think the Premiership has become boring- the same teams at the top every year. It has all become very predictable and not exciting. It's all about money.

You must be a Liverpool fan - at least you sound like Benitez :77wu:

People talk about Alex Ferguson being twisted but I think Benitez will outdo him. He just can't keep his mouth shut - first there was his rant about referees favouring Man Utd - then it was because their fixtures were carefully co-ordinated to suit them - now apparently it's because of the money they have that they're so successful.

If that were the case should Chelsea or Man City not have the best team?

He does not appear to have an appreciation of the etiquette of the English game and, although there are many criticisms you could level at Manchester United, all their players and their management team who were interviewed today paid tribute to Liverpool's football this season.

Well done Man Utd and well done Liverpool for making it so exciting, but show a little respect and dignity Benitez....

C

Last edited:

wiuru

Super , Terrific , Smashing , Great...... Phase one complete again ... Next please .

dawn6532

The Mighty Reds have done it again, brilliant, bring on the 27th May GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Lesley T

I do prefer Liverpool to Man U but I support a team that has just been promoted to The Premiership- again!- after a season of dull footie! The good news is that I shall be able to watch them on the telly when I come to live in Turkey in a couple of months time. Going to every home game is something I am going to miss the most about leaving England.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...

I do prefer Liverpool to Man U but I support a team that has just been promoted to The Premiership- again!- after a season of dull footie! The good news is that I shall be able to watch them on the telly when I come to live in Turkey in a couple of months time. Going to every home game is something I am going to miss the most about leaving England.

Well done to your team (Wolves or Brum??). I have to say though that I thought the Premier League had a good season what with Hull chinning the big boys in the early part of the season, and Villa threatening to break into the top four.

Everton were fabulous too, as were Liverpool in many of their games after they destroyed Real Madrid.

I do agree though that it's almost impossible for any team outside perhaps six to win the PL and money does have a lot to do with that.

Having said that, Alex Ferguson has been on a different level to everyone else - love him or hate him, there's no-one in the history of the game to touch what he has achieved - and the bad news for many is he wants to work another 5 years!!

Wish to God I could buy whatever it is he has heheh

C

Lesley T

Am a Bluenose C - NOT a Dingle!!!! Was actually rooting for Villa to finish higher as it would be good to have one successful Midlands team - especially as Albion dropped out of The Premiership today!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom